Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

The administrators shouldn't have used the word 'imminently' unless they had something completely sewn up and ready to pump out for an announcement. Rooney's interviews on the desire for this to be done and dusted soon, and the need to get it done before Jan makes me question if it's quite as home and dry as the administrators made out. But ultimately, none of us know. I trust the administrators to do the right thing for the club as they've given us no reason to think otherwise. 

To have stated on Christmas Eve that Kirchner had pulled out (his team's bid not being the best). Then that leaves 2 bidders left in the melting pot. One of them according to the Administrators had upped their bid (I assume that meant they put more cash on the table). They then stated the preferred bidder would be announced imminently. Ok we then have Xmas day, Boxing day then the next 2 days as bank holidays. The way I read it; to state imminently means they must have made a decision on the Thursday or Friday (Xmas eve). And its just a matter of talking to the winning bidders, going through all the legal stuff, sorting out the agreed terms and getting all the "T's " crossed and all the "I's " dotted. And everthing all signed up by all parties (which could include share/stake holders).

So I expect an annoucement by the administrators by Thursday or Friday (New tears eve). If there is no announcement of the preferref bidders, then we are done for and the administrators have had us over. 

2 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Just curious....I don't mean this in an insulating way at all. I'm not even saying you're wrong; I think we all fear the possibility. But I'm just trying to understand where you are coming from.

- Are you ITK?

- Or are you naturally pessimistic?

- Or are you relatively young and not old enough to remember all the previous troubles the club has been through?

- Or just looking for an opportunity to say "told you so"?

Naturally pessimistic and riddled with bad luck. If I won the lottery on the Saturday there would be a nuclear war on the Monday.

I'm old enough to have enjoyed the Arthur Cox year's and the Jim Smith revival but disappointed since hence the gloom.

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

To have stated on Christmas Eve that Kirchner had pulled out (his team's bid not being the best). Then that leaves 2 bidders left in the melting pot. One of them according to the Administrators had upped their bid (I assume that meant they put more cash on the table). They then stated the preferred bidder would be announced imminently. Ok we then have Xmas day, Boxing day then the next 2 days as bank holidays. The way I read it; to state imminently means they must have made a decision on the Thursday or Friday (Xmas eve). And its just a matter of talking to the winning bidders, going through all the legal stuff, sorting out the agreed terms and getting all the "T's " crossed and all the "I's " dotted. And everthing all signed up by all parties (which could include share/stake holders).

So I expect an annoucement by the administrators by Thursday or Friday (New tears eve). If there is no announcement of the preferref bidders, then we are done for and the administrators have had us over. 

Really? That statement was just their out of office notice going up until 4/1. 

15 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Naturally pessimistic and riddled with bad luck. If I won the lottery on the Saturday there would be a nuclear war on the Monday.

I'm old enough to have enjoyed the Arthur Cox year's and the Jim Smith revival but disappointed since hence the gloom.

At least you would have all day  Sunday to enjoy your winnings!

2 hours ago, plymouthram said:

Ah, but will they be New tears of joy or unhappiness? 

3 hours ago, plymouthram said:

All a winning bidder means what is best for the creditors and the offer to satisfy the debt as  far as the administrators are concerned, it then moves onto discussions between the winning bidder/EFL/HMRC to come to an agreement regarding a CVA.

3 hours ago, one_chop said:

Before both of those two great eras, there were dark, bleak times and the club only just survived.

Things will get good again. Ying and Yang.

Also....

"Things will be alright in the end. If it's not alright, it's not the end."