Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

How much to convert it to a conference\events area (a la Greenwich O2). Not a significant sum perhaps depending on the type of roof structure used.

Christ knows, but lets say its 10 Million?

You then have a facility which stands him at 30 million that he is paying interest on.

You then have to try and get big Gigs at Derby on a regular basis in order for it to stand a chance of breaking even.

Not an easy task.

16 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

Christ knows, but lets say its 10 Million?

You then have a facility which stands him at 30 million that he is paying interest on.

You then have to try and get big Gigs at Derby on a regular basis in order for it to stand a chance of breaking even.

Not an easy task.

He, do you mean Mel Morris? I don’t think he is paying interest on anything related to Derby is he? The MSD debt is with the Club. If this goes to liquidation MSD have to make a decision what they want to do with ‘their stadium’. I am sure they might want to sell it with a redevelopment angle, particularly if the Phoenix Club are in the lower reaches of the football pyramid. But as you say no easy task.

Edited by i-Ram

33 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

He, do you mean Mel Morris? I don’t think he is paying interest on anything related to Derby is he? The MSD debt is with the Club. If this goes to liquidation MSD have to make a decision what they want to do with ‘their stadium’. I am sure they might want to sell it with a redevelopment angle, particularly if the Phoenix Club are in the lower reaches of the football pyramid. But as you say no easy task.

TBH i`m not certain as I believe that the stadium has a Personal Guarantee from MM against it, This would mean that if DCFC were liquidated then Mel would be responsible for the debt owed on the stadium to MSD.

Whilst DCFC are playing and paying, Mel doesn`t have an issue.

Edited by Betty Swollocks

37 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I could be wrong but, my understanding is the ground is sitting in a seperate business that Mel Owns, its not in admin and the £20m  MSD loan is secured against the stadium.

The stadoum though will need to be included as part of any deal as Derby's value as a football club drops dramatically in League 1.

MM very much holds the cards in any deal with future ownership.  If he doesn't like the perspective new owners he simply refuses to include the Stadium as part of the deal.

Its a highly unusual situation, if you think the Administrators are in full control of the situation, think again, Morris is sitting holding a Royal Flush in this game of poker going off.  

The catch 22 question is, is he prepared to allow the club to go under?

The Middlesbrough claim is just so outrageous. I can’t believe the EFL are just staying silent on this. Surely they can see what the wide ranging implications of this are. 
The possibility of future claims and counter claims would cause chaos not to mention the very real possibility of this claim being the issue that puts off buyers and send us into liquidation, a situation that benefits no one not even Boro. I can say hand on heart that I would hate it if we were doing this even to Forest or Leeds. 

1 minute ago, Eatonram said:

The Middlesbrough claim is just so outrageous. I can’t believe the EFL are just staying silent on this. Surely they can see what the wide ranging implications of this are. 
The possibility of future claims and counter claims would cause chaos not to mention the very real possibility of this claim being the issue that puts off buyers and send us into liquidation, a situation that benefits no one not even Boro. I can say hand on heart that I would hate it if we were doing this even to Forest or Leeds. 

It was posted on here a few pages back that this will go to arbitration, The EFL have know say in the final findings, So all parties will get together and submit their grievences...the arbiters will then decide on the next outcome.

10 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Agree,not nice to see any club go into liquidation,even our deadliest enemies.

5 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Same question applies then. Could Morris make a lot of money if it’s sold for land as places of business? 

How can he make any money from a stadium sale? The first cut of any stadium sale proceeds goes to MSD. The balance will surely go to the club as deferred sale price still outstanding. He’s a distant shareholder - doesn’t he get nothing ?

8 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

How can he make any money from a stadium sale? The first cut of any stadium sale proceeds goes to MSD. The balance will surely go to the club as deferred sale price still outstanding. He’s a distant shareholder - doesn’t he get nothing ?

I don’t know how much is owed but surely he gets anything after any proceeds to MSD. So the terms would need to be favourable for him? Which would be another obstacle.

1 hour ago, Kathcairns said:

Agree,not nice to see any club go into liquidation,even our deadliest enemies.

People like Gibson wouldn’t probably would not care but would be desperate in any way to maximise profits for themselves or their interests. Any sadness of Derby being liquidated on their part would be fleeting but if they can take advantage and get anything, they probably would sadly. 

6 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I don’t know how much is owed but surely he gets anything after any proceeds to MSD. So the terms would need to be favourable for him? Which would be another obstacle.

I believe he is an indirect shareholder of the stadium co. And the club is a creditor. If that’s right, the club get paid in full before he gets a penny 

51 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

People like Gibson wouldn’t probably would not care but would be desperate in any way to maximise profits for themselves or their interests. Any sadness of Derby being liquidated on their part would be fleeting but if they can take advantage and get anything, they probably would sadly. 

Good job we all arnt as nasty as he is.

1 hour ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

People like Gibson wouldn’t probably would not care but would be desperate in any way to maximise profits for themselves or their interests. Any sadness of Derby being liquidated on their part would be non existent but if they can take advantage and get anything, they probably would sadly. 

FTFY