Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

To be fair to Matt Slater (no relation) - he's only ever reported facts. He is one of the more serious and seasoned journalists at The Athletic and certainly doesn't have an agenda. He was threatened with legal action by Morris, I believe. 

He annoys me by stating facts and reporting the truth about our club, which isn't a tasty medicine to swallow. 

Also, anyone paying full price for The Athletic is daft. You can get it for free with EE, they also often do a £1 a month deal. When anyone signs up to these, full price changes are always clearly indicated, best to just pay for the deal and then cancel the renewal.  

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

yes but I went to school in rural east anglia where you are challenged by classmates being able to count to 12 on fingers for a start. I am not in a bad mood -I am very happy its first day of advent calendars, nearly Christmas and girlie stuff like the christmas cushions, crockery, tiny fairy lights and decorations can start to be scattered around the house ???????

Now you’ve started something, radio Derby are playing slade Christmas song ?

19 minutes ago, TheSlate said:

To be fair to Matt Slater (no relation) - he's only ever reported facts. He is one of the more serious and seasoned journalists at The Athletic and certainly doesn't have an agenda. He was threatened with legal action by Morris, I believe. 

He annoys me by stating facts and reporting the truth about our club, which isn't a tasty medicine to swallow. 

Also, anyone paying full price for The Athletic is daft. You can get it for free with EE, they also often do a £1 a month deal. When anyone signs up to these, full price changes are always clearly indicated, best to just pay for the deal and then cancel the renewal.  

Until we are given facts by the Administration team then it is ALL supposition. He might have had a bit of gossip that the deal is difficult, and run with that theme. It might be if that ‘gossip’ exists it was released as a bargaining aide, ie no one can afford us take the offer or it’s over…etc.

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, Maharan said:

Whilst I do think there may be a deal to be done, it's interesting that he says that nearly everyone he speaks to says HMRC won't budge on the amount, and a single expert thinks they may accept a significant discount. I dunno, I think it's still very worrying. Time is not our friend either, and Xmas will inevitably slow things down.   

Worrying but surely HMRC would not risk getting next to nothing if the club is liquidated. Can’t imagine there isn’t a deal somewhere to be done. Fingers crossed anyway

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Until we are given facts by the Administration team then it is ALL supposition. He might have had a bit of gossip that the dealis difficult and run with that theme. It might be if that ‘gossip’ exists it was released as a bargaining aide, ie no one can afford us take the offer or it’s over…

We owe 30 Million to the Tax man and 5 Million to AC photography ! 

This is startling from the Athletic 

“ They also have to give Derby’s fans something to cling onto. In the first eight weeks of Quantuma’s interregnum, Derby’s income was about £800,000 in tickets, Rams TV subscriptions and club merchandise, plus a £1.25 million loan from MSD UK Holdings Limited, the UK branch of the American private equity firm that lent Morris £20 million. But even that was not enough to cover the club’s wage bill, let alone its total costs.

Derby lost another £1.2 million between September 22 and November 11. That deeply alarming number was just one of hundreds like it in the statement of proposals Quantuma filed at Companies House last week — 165 pages of unremitting gloom. The millions owed to MSD, the almost £30 million owed to the taxman, the nearly £10 million owed to other clubs, the almost £5 million owed to a gang of unsecured creditors from AC Photography in Derby to Zbaszynek Akademia in Poland.

Derby’s fans, to their enormous credit, have already raised the money to make sure the St John’s Ambulance service will be getting all of the £8,304 it is owed but the rest of them can look forward to 25 per cent of what they are owed. At best.”

16 minutes ago, Curtains said:

“ They also have to give Derby’s fans something to cling onto. In the first eight weeks of Quantuma’s interregnum, Derby’s income was about £800,000 in tickets, Rams TV subscriptions and club merchandise, plus a £1.25 million loan from MSD UK Holdings Limited, the UK branch of the American private equity firm that lent Morris £20 million. But even that was not enough to cover the club’s wage bill, let alone its total costs.

Derby lost another £1.2 million between September 22 and November 11. That deeply alarming number was just one of hundreds like it in the statement of proposals Quantuma filed at Companies House last week — 165 pages of unremitting gloom. The millions owed to MSD, the almost £30 million owed to the taxman, the nearly £10 million owed to other clubs, the almost £5 million owed to a gang of unsecured creditors from AC Photography in Derby to Zbaszynek Akademia in Poland.

Derby’s fans, to their enormous credit, have already raised the money to make sure the St John’s Ambulance service will be getting all of the £8,304 it is owed but the rest of them can look forward to 25 per cent of what they are owed. At best.”

What is your point? That financial information hasn’t just been released.

When it came out you could do the supposing, but still it is just that.

Edited by RoyMac5

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I think it funny that Curtains thinks we owe AC Photography £5m. Perhaps they were extorting Mel because they had some compromising pictures.

I like it.

Perhaps we should speculate on what those photos were?

I think they probably show Mel Morris wearing crocs with dirty grey socks with holes in the toes.

31 minutes ago, Curtains said:

As others have said this is baalocks. It’s not a loss … it’s cash flow .

5 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

As others have said this is baalocks. It’s not a loss … it’s cash flow .

No, over the 8 week period, it is a loss. Insufficient money has been obtained from trading activities to cover day-to-day operating expenses. Short term debt has been secured to keep us afloat. Not surprising, but it is a loss. 

Edited by i-Ram