Alan Nixon Breaks Silence on American Billionaire Bid

Kernow

10 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

At this stage though I can't really anything to gain by staying silent or to lose by speaking up.

Kirchner is building up a little swell of support because he seems invested in us on a personal level. With nothing to go on elsewhere but The Binnies, a potential link to Rush (not really trusted at Derby) and Appleby (previously ran the club in a way where thousands were bored of watching and stopped going) and vague comments about an overseas businessman then naturally people will start to get a feel for Kirchner.

If other prospective owners were the type who could blow him out of the water, well what are they waiting for? Give the fans hope, give them something to believe in. Our situation is known, our league status next year 95% confirmed, being a mystery man in the shadows does nothing for anyone. If anything it elicits a certainly level of distrust and lack of openness from the off.

Their silence only gives the impression they're only interested in the club as a business acquisition, not in itself a bad thing - it can mean sensible investment but equally it can mean no investment -  but it doesn't get fans onboard and doesn't exactly scream that they're a serious financial player.

If we were looking at a David Tepper level buyer with billions to his name what's the point in him not saying anything, what's he waiting for? The obvious answer would seem to be that we're not talking about anyone on that level.

I now agreed with this.  I honestly thought Appleby and Rush, with Jez Moxey were being backed by David Tepper through links with Tom Glick.

Maybe they are still being ultra professional and won't say a thing until everything is sorted. But I think its more likely that any backer is Mel Morris kind of rich rather than billionaires.

I've seen Piriyev mentioned, but he plastered it all over the place when they bid for West ham so can't see it being him.

It sounds like Kirchner is pulling away from the pack at the minute.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

Because that's what the administrators have put into the public domain thus far. Maybe as of this morning there's more, maybe there's less. Oh, and also because I spoke to one of them two weeks ago and that's what they told me. 

Right. Who are the three the administrators have put out in the public domain that you are referring to, I can't remember them?

53 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

Just because Mel's a rotter doesn't mean that Rush didn't at least help negotiate some rather questionable deals.

I'd hazard a guess MM sanctioned all deals under SR, Rush was part of the Wasserman company/group, No doubt had some financial gain when DCFC signed some of the players that came under Wasserman, MM sacked SR for fiduciary  , SR won his case against MM, So I don't see where the "questionable deals" were.

A fiduciary is a person who holds a legal or ethical relationship of trust with one or more other parties. Typically, a fiduciary prudently takes care of money or other assets for another person.

32 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I'd hazard a guess MM sanctioned all deals under SR, Rush was part of the Wasserman company/group, No doubt had some financial gain when DCFC signed some of the players that came under Wasserman, MM sacked SR for fiduciary  , SR won his case against MM, So I don't see where the "questionable deals" were.

A fiduciary is a person who holds a legal or ethical relationship of trust with one or more other parties. Typically, a fiduciary prudently takes care of money or other assets for another person.

You don't think a £700k payment to someone 'with a view to them taking up a football related role' that never existed and a £1m payment for becoming a club ambassador as sweetener for Craig Bryson signing a new contract were questionable deals? Really?

SR winning a case against his dismissal doesn't mean these things didn't happen.

It doesn't really matter who ultimately signed them off, and just because they weren't legally a breach of FD doesn't mean they're the sort of deals you want your club entering into.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

26 minutes ago, Coconut's Beard said:

You don't think a £700k payment to someone 'with a view to them taking up a football related role' that never existed and a £1m payment for becoming a club ambassador as sweetener for Craig Bryson signing a new contract were questionable deals? Really?

SR winning a case against his dismissal doesn't mean these things didn't happen.

It doesn't really matter who ultimately signed them off, and just because they weren't legally a breach of FD doesn't mean they're the sort of deals you want your club entering into.

Sweeteners are abound in the World of Sport, Look at Cricket and ask why India, Australia and England have cut loose all the other cricketing nations so they get the Lions share of the cash, I've not a problem with someone taking £700k, If it was criminally gained then the courts would have dealt with it, The Bryson deal was a finacial deal to get him to sign a contract.

Unfortunately that's football, Deals done, Signed sealed and delivered, Long gone are the days of Gentlemen agreeing with a handshake and a nod, Agents have brought a different type of Negotiation to the table, If SR was the negotiator...not a problem, From the low paid worker to the Multi Billionaire people are looking after themselves or those who can't look after themselves.

The stories I heard about Stuart Webb during his time with us and his Lonsdale Travell business...but then they were only stories ?

1 hour ago, Coconut's Beard said:

To be honest with the way we conducted our business in general during the period of time he was here I think I'd rather a clean break and going in a different direction regardless of how much direct responsibility he had in that. 

32 minutes ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

Just pulled out of PP car park as 6 or 7   Silver Rolls Royce were pulling up outside the main entrance. Wish I’d not been as hasty in Greggs with my decision making. (They sell more than steak bakes Ruud!! )I might’ve seen who entered the building.

Investors?  Or has Coleen just been to Waitrose?

Was it the cast of Snow White and the seven Dwarves??

Edited by hintonsboots