Player Ratings #13: vs Luton (H)

Rampant

Allsop- 4 Terrible distribution. Ultimately cost us the three points tonight. 

Byrne- 6 His levels are down from last season. Crossing and corners just aren’t quite as good.

Buchanan- 7 Made some good tackles and darting runs. Needs to do more going forward.

Jagielka- 8 Been really good for us this whole season. Great block.

Davies- 7 Also very solid tonight. Davies and Jags are always solid. 

Shinnie- 5 Meh. Struggled in possession and with Luton’s pressing. Couple of needless fouls. 

Bird- 6 Always puts in a shift, didn’t impact the game all too much. 

Morrison- 4 I genuinely thought he was so so poor. Terrible decision making at times especially when we’d have the chance to counter. Slowed down numerous attacks for us and made the wrong decision too many times. When he went down to win the pen I rolled my eyes. Think he’s quite overrated and not surprised he was subbed off. 

Knight- 8 Brilliant work-rate. Deserved goal+assist. MOTM.

Jozwiak- 6 Ball retention was good and as always he worked his socks off. Little impact on the game overall yet again though.

Lawrence- 7 I thought he was better than usual tonight. Some good link up play at times as well as a goal and assist. 

26 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Morrison- 4 I genuinely thought he was so so poor. Terrible decision making at times especially when we’d have the chance to counter. Slowed down numerous attacks for us and made the wrong decision too many times. When he went down to win the pen I rolled my eyes. Think he’s quite overrated and not surprised he was subbed off.

This.

Absolutely spot on.

In the first half when they ballsed a corner up. Counter on and he stopped.

Doesn't get his head up enough either and if he does he looks one way. Byrne in acres on a few occasions tonight and he never looked up.

Also should have put Lawrence in on goal in the second half but held on to the ball so so long.

Really not sure what he is bringing to the team at the minute 

But he's infuriating to watch. Slows the game down so so much.

1 hour ago, Yani P said:

Lawrence a 5...seriously ?

Took the goal beautifully. But he drifted in and out. 

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

This.

Absolutely spot on.

In the first half when they ballsed a corner up. Counter on and he stopped.

Doesn't get his head up enough either and if he does he looks one way. Byrne in acres on a few occasions tonight and he never looked up.

Also should have put Lawrence in on goal in the second half but held on to the ball so so long.

Really not sure what he is bringing to the team at the minute 

But he's infuriating to watch. Slows the game down so so much.

This commentary on Ravel is pretty harsh (but some truth it). Plenty of times he showed his considerable class 

Edited by kevinhectoring