Jagielka 7.5

Davies 7.5

Shinnie 7

Bird 8 MOTM 

Morrison 7

Knight 7.5

Jozwiak 7

Lawrence 6.5

I guess Morrison is going to be one of those Marmite players. Anyone expecting the work rate of Knight or Shinnie is going to be disappointed, but he can do stuff that no one else in the squad can do and without him we'd be no better than workmanlike. 

14 hours ago, Rampant said:

Average is 6.0. Half points accepted. Add subs as you feel appropriate. Deadline 9pm Weds.

Allsop 4.5

Byrne 6.5

Buchanan 7

Jagielka 7 

Davies 7

Shinnie 7

Bird 7

Morrison 6.5

Knight 8

Jozwiak 6

Lawrence 6

Alsopp - 5 - Absolute clanger cost us 2 points

Byrne - 6 - Didn't really get at them going forward but was steady defensively 

Davis - 8 - Dealt impeccably with there height & pace.  And it was a lovely touch to lob his used shirt into the crowd for that young lad

Jagleka - 7 - Steady

Buchannan - 6 - See Byrne

Shinnie - 6 - Not one of his better games but did the dirty stuff

Bird - 7 - Calm intelligent passing and mopped up what he needed to

Morrison - 7 - Frustrated a couple of times but allowed us to control the game for large parts

Lawrence - 7 - Good goal and pressing was good

Knight - 8 - Goal and assist, and didn't stop running all night.  Like a Prime Bryson

Jozwiak - 7 - Felt a bit sorry for him cus he was making some cracking runs that weren't spotted but put himself about and make a proper nuisance of himself

15 hours ago, Rampant said:

Average is 6.0. Half points accepted. Add subs as you feel appropriate. Deadline 9pm Weds.

Allsop - 5

Byrne - 5

Buchanan - 5

Jagielka - 7

Davies - 7

Shinnie - 5

Bird - 6

Morrison - 7

Knight - 7

Jozwiak - 6

Lawrence - 6

Allsop........4. Had very little to do. Distribution with feet poor on occasion. Flapped at the cross and cost us 2 points. 

Byrne.........7. Good game; corners slightly less effective than earlier this season. At his best when haring down the right. Would personally have started with Ebs.

Buchanan..8. A very good shift. Lots of very effective blocking/tackling. Marsjhalled a busy flank well.

Jagielka.....8. We let in 2 goals but Jags was his usual mountainous self.

Davies........8. Ditto.

Shinnie.......7. The Swiss army knife of midfielders - always has a tool to spoil/hack/saw/cut off the opposition

Bird.............6. Not quite so slick as V PNE; should we have closed down better to stop the longer balls in from Luton? 

Morrison.....6. Silky as always. Decision-making not quite right on a couple of occasions when he chose to slow down instead of a quick ball through. Can he work to improve that final telling/unlocking pass?

Knight.......8. MotM The perpetual machine had the pistons going relentlessly all night; 1 assist and 1 goal says it all. 

Jozwiak....7. Wasp-like; great slippery eel-like weaving and ball control; needs to develop his final ball

Lawrence..7. 1 goal and very good harrying; almost get caught up in a boxing match which could have cost us a red. I so want Lawro to step up more though. 

Edited by Ellafella

Allsop - 3  Awful for both goals, obviously for the second, but positioning and movement for the first also at fault  

Byrne - 6 Average. Would have had more of an impact if others had seen the space he was getting into. Defensively getting focused on at the back post again. 

Buchanan - 7

Jagielka - 8 Immense. Neither goals down to our centre backs who were great. 

Davies - 8 See Jags

Shinnie - 7 Broke up play well and closed down all game. 

Bird - 7.5 Did his job well and played some lovely forward passes. 

Morrison - 6 So frustrating to watch. Has obvious skill and influence on the team but infuriatingly slows the game down WAY more than he needs to. I get recycling the ball when nothing is on, but not looking for it and turning back without lifting your head up just winds me up!!! 

Knight - 9 I thought it was his best performance for us all season. Playing like that he’s premier league class. 

Jozwiak - 7 Worked really hard, retained the ball well, made so many runs and only once picked out it must be maddening for him. 

Lawrence - 7 Good goal and a threat, but drifted out the game when they got on top and another petulant display near the end. 

MotM vs Luton was Jason Knight. Once again it's the Duke brothers making up the podium.

Knight         7.50

Davies         7.26

Jagielka      7.18

Lawrence    6.90

Buchanan    6.68

Bird             6.62

Jozwiak      6.58

Shinnie       6.36

Byrne         6.20

Morrison    6.12

Allsop         4.26

11 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Got to admit, I thought your marks for Byrne, Bird, Shinnie, Knight and Lawrence were on the low side, but it's a game of opinions.... 

I thought it was generally an ok performance all round, but have seen better from them this season. Clearly the keeper had ‘one of those games’ which I think probably cost us two points. I do scratch my head at how Byrne is so highly rated by some. To me he is a defensive liability with his sleepy moments and lack of physical strength (both were apparent with their first goal). 
onwards and upwards though. 

8 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I thought it was generally an ok performance all round, but have seen better from them this season. Clearly the keeper had ‘one of those games’ which I think probably cost us two points. I do scratch my head at how Byrne is so highly rated by some. To me he is a defensive liability with his sleepy moments and lack of physical strength (both were apparent with their first goal). 
onwards and upwards though. 

We obviously see the game very differently!