Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

People need to vent! Really?

Sitting tapping words on a keyboard and then putting it on a forum or twatter is not my idea of venting.

I'm not having a go at you so please don't take it this way.... from personal experience a lot of therapists advocate writing negative thoughts down as a part of their healing process.....the subsequent act of throwing the piece of paper away then is symbolic in ridding your mind of these thoughts.

I'm not condoning the abuse on Twitter as have always found it a very vile and unpleasant experience but for some the act of getting their thoughts and emotions out in the open about Morris may be very cathartic for them. 

10 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Won’t agree with you re Maxwell or the Amigos. One robbed a pension fund and the others were crooks. Mel hasn’t been great but let’s be real 

He’s the worst chairman in our history. Maxwell and the amigos were terrible humans. But, as chairman Morris is far worse. Morris has done more damage to this club than those 2 combined. 

4 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I meant the administration team starting the argument over the 12 point deduction.

Ah, ok, apologies. Clearly I misunderstood.

You mean they shouldn't have appealed the 12 points for Administration. Yeah, but the are a couple of posts that may explain that:

- one said that the cost of the appeal was funded by a potential buyer of the club 

- someone else says the extra points deduction may be less than the 9 points Percy states in return for dropping the appeal

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'm not having a go at you so please don't take it this way.... from personal experience a lot of therapists advocate writing negative thoughts down as a part of their healing process.....the subsequent act of throwing the piece of paper away then is symbolic in ridding your mind of these thoughts.

I'm not condoning the abuse on Twitter as have always found it a very vile and unpleasant experience but for some the act of getting their thoughts and emotions out in the open about Morris may be very cathartic for them. 

I've got no problem with people having a rant, but typing it down seems a bit tame to me.

Just now, ossieram said:

I've got no problem with people having a rant, but typing it down seems a bit tame to me.

Take it from me it can be extremely helpful to get all the jumble of thoughts out of your mind and down on paper. It's a technique I've been coached on to assist with what I'm going through at the moment.

But yes random abuse is a totally different kettle if fish. 

20 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

We don't know that. Legal advice may have been that there is no chance of winning the argument.

Exactly, they won’t have taken the decision lightly.  It may finally put it to bed with no appeals, etc that may have affected a sale, or at least means a new owner has a clean slate.  It’ll also mean that we can start to plan for next season with certainty.  Assuming it’s true of course!!

Tactics for the foreseeable. Just go for it and make a mockery of what football is prescribed to be. Put 5 in attack. Keep 3 players upfront when defending corners. Send our goalie up for every corner etc. Try it and see how it goes. Might unsettle a few. If.no change after a few games, prepare the youngsters for next season. Except Boro and florest of course. 

3 minutes ago, Archie said:

Tactics for the foreseeable. Just go for it and make a mockery of what football is prescribed to be. Put 5 in attack. Keep 3 players upfront when defending corners. Send our goalie up for every corner etc. Try it and see how it goes. Might unsettle a few. If.no change after a few games, prepare the youngsters for next season. Except Boro and florest of course. 

I think we should keep 3 upfront when defending corners anyhow! 

4, or even 5 taken out of our box to cover them if the ball is cleared.