Derby finally accept 21 point deduction.

taggy180

5 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Being a self confessed cynic and not taking statements as fact, were you calling for heads to roll at the time then?

No, but said to my son dont believe eveything you hear or read, prob down to my age, child of the 50's?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Ah, so despite your cynicism, you were just the same as the rest of us and didn’t see sufficient reason to call heads? 

No,but its to late to keep going on about it know, won't change anything, that i have learned in life. Im not really a moaner by nature, not a saint though??

10 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

Both the athletic article and the Percy one seem to be based on Efl sources so you have to wonder why they are different. 

Yes - maybe this Very few people would know exactly the status of negotiations. EFl might need to share offers and counter offers with board members or others and there might be leaks and confusion as to what is offered and what is agreed. I reckon the admins would keep tight lips but some at the club might get an inkling and might be considered reliable sources. Some people love to show off if they think they are itk  and of course some people leak to try to influence the outcome 

also, there was a report - can’t remember where - to the effect we were going to lose the appeal. Maybe at some stage the panel was asked to give an indicative view to help settlement. If they did, that could cause a dramatic change in the bid/offer. But imo it would have been foolish for the admins to agree to the parties taking soft soundings from the panel.
Plenty of supposition here. Depending on where we end up, I might just cancel my subscription to the Athletic 

6 minutes ago, Kathcairns said:

No,but its to late to keep going on about it know, won't change anything, that i have learned in life. Im not really a moaner by nature, not a saint though??

None of us are buddy but your original post was sort of implying that we, as fans, should have been calling foul when Mel was splashing the cash.

10 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Yes - maybe this Very few people would know exactly the status of negotiations. EFl might need to share offers and counter offers with board members or others and there might be leaks and confusion as to what is offered and what is agreed. I reckon the admins would keep tight lips but some at the club might get an inkling and might be considered reliable sources. Some people love to show off if they think they are itk  and of course some people leak to try to influence the outcome 

also, there was a report - can’t remember where - to the effect we were going to lose the appeal. Maybe at some stage the panel was asked to give an indicative view to help settlement. If they did, that could cause a dramatic change in the bid/offer. But imo it would have been foolish for the admins to agree to the parties taking soft soundings from the panel.
Plenty of supposition here. Depending on where we end up, I might just cancel my subscription to the Athletic 

There wer previous reports a year or more ago that we had lost the case at the IDC, when we actually won that one so media reports even in mainstream media have been unreliable.  

As the appeal hasn't even been heard it is hard to see how anyone could say we were not going to win. Of course if we withdraw without a hearing then we plainly are not going to win.  

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

None of us are buddy but your original post was sort of implying that we, as fans, should have been calling foul when Mel was splashing the cash.

I wasnt implying that at all, just a bit tired of hearing the same thing. Time to move on and hopefully look to the future.?

25 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agreed but, we’re discussing whether or not the fans should have been calling for heads to roll when the club was spending heavy. Whether MM & SP kept the truth from us or were misled themselves the outcome is the same. The fans weren’t to know the ****storm that was about to hit us.

Quite correct. If you had been given £200 and has to put a bet on us going into administration 10 minutes before it was announced how many honestly would have put the money on us going into administration. Not many I would guess. Did the average fan question the spending, again no because we had an owner worth at one time a reported 650 million who had invested 200 million into the club and could afford what he was putting in or so we thought. Personally I thought he was spending the return he was getting on his investments in some kind of tax efficient way. Obviously something changed and the only thing I heard about was Mel's health. In some interview I heard he said he had had covid and also mentioned having an operation where some bits cut off as he put it. Internet searches give an indication what but in this forum I am not going to say. When we walked down Wembley way we didn't even dream that we would be in the position we are any time never mind now. Perhaps most of us were taken in some were but arguing between each other will get us nowhere.  Sooner or later the facts will come out and the whys and how's might become clearer although I doubt we will never know the full story. We need to unite together behind the team this season and into the future no matter what league we are in (assuming we still have a buyer) perhaps remembering the poem that is now read out before each match, WE ARE Derby, and that matters to all of us and hopefully the new owner and help the team to get us back to where we believe we should be. Rant over

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I maybe a cynic but i am also an optamist, we will get through this and come back stronger.

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

In days of yore, Gerald Mortimer and Anton Rippon would divulge gossip from the BBG, When reporting they'd often say "a source close to the Baseball Ground", It was the corner shop on Cambridge Street.

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Mel, is that you? 

No. But a lifelong fan who has been taken aback by the far ranging hatred towards someone who has invested significantly with the hope of achieving the premier goal we all desire. If I were a billionaire I wouldn't want to invest. Whatever the next person does is likely to be hated. Invest and they shouldn't have done. Don't invest, then the moaning about lack of investment will inevitabley follow. 

2 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

No. But a lifelong fan who has been taken aback by the far ranging hatred towards someone who has invested significantly with the hope of achieving the premier goal we all desire. If I were a billionaire I wouldn't want to invest. Whatever the next person does is likely to be hated. Invest and they shouldn't have done. Don't invest, then the moaning about lack of investment will inevitabley follow. 

You know he could have done the sensible option of investing a little more than GSE and not so much that we'd be in danger of administration.... I mean I'm not a billionaire or a businessman so that might be an absolutely wild suggestion. 

14 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

There's intelligent investing and there's Blackman-Butterfield investing, he didn't invest in the correct scouting/football managers