Supporters Charter Group Meeting 4/10/21

Day

The morning following the previous SCG meeting which took place under an NDA, I resigned from my position on the Supporters Charter Group.

I first want to apologise to all the fans that were grateful for the opportunity to voice their concerns to the club through dcfcfans.uk.

Unfortunately there were a number of issues that I was not personally comfortable with so made the difficult decision to resign.

• The NDA, I raised my concerns directly to the club prior to the meeting, warning them what the reaction would be if this became public, which it did.
  • The agreement to release a joint statement following the previous meeting.
  • The delay in getting information from the meetings to you all in a timely manner.
  • The abuse, not just towards myself personally but other supporters groups.

It’s great to see that the new Black & White Together Supporters Group have been given permission to post information from the meeting tonight on Twitter shortly after the meeting had concluded, something we were frustratingly restricted from doing so.

An agreement was made during the second meeting where representatives could not communicate with fans until the meeting minutes were released by the club, which as you know were often delayed.

Something which I strongly disagreed with and made both the club and SCG my thoughts with my resignation.

I do want to thank the club for the opportunity, and wish the Supporters Charter Group good luck going forward.

Tweets from tonights meeting can be found at https://twitter.com/dcfcbwt

Thanks, David - it's been a tough ask for you to wrestle with everything that's been going on at the club in recent months and almost impossible to make effective  representation  when the club hasn't been cooperative.

I think things will improve going forward under the administrators. I have posted the Rams Trust write up of tonight's meeting in another thread, so hopefully between the two we can gain good insight into what has been said. 

Oops, see you have added this as I was typing! 

Edited by angieram
Add a bit!

26 minutes ago, angieram said:

Thanks, David - it's been a tough ask for you to wrestle with everything that's been going on at the club in recent months and almost impossible to make effective  representation  when the club hasn't been cooperative.

I think things will improve going forward under the administrators. I have posted the Rams Trust write up of tonight's meeting in another thread, so hopefully between the two we can gain good insight into what has been said. 

Oops, see you have added this as I was typing! 

Honestly, I have no problems with the club.

Yes I have been frustrated by the lack of communication following the previous meeting, unlike traditional supporters groups I'm out here having to face you all on a daily basis, most have been understanding however you still see the odd comment and it can get to you, I won't lie.

With covid, staff shortages, working from home plus everything going on with the EFL I have a huge amount of sympathy for the staff who are working all hours.

The issues with getting information out in general has been a long standing one, the agreement which was made by the groups during the second SCG meeting, not the club itself.

As you know, I have always transparent as to when the meetings were taking place, collecting questions from you all publicly on the forum, to then sit on this information for weeks, sometimes months waiting on the club to write the minutes up isn't right.

We have forums such as this that as a huge reach to thousands of fans, social media even more so, group websites all these tools to communicate with fans instantly and were unable to do just wasn't right and puts us in an extremely difficult position.

It's great to see that this has now been addressed though and hope it continues going forward.

Can anyone realistically explain why this HMRC bill hasn't been paid. It's insanity.  The interest alone will be a beauty and still accruing.  This will make us bust as things stand.  In todays world of immediate information and regs on fairness 50p in the pound won't cut it like 1984, it will need to be paid and interest will accrue on top.  Any payment plan won't freeze interest and if previously defaulted, it won't be over a long period.  

49 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Can anyone realistically explain why this HMRC bill hasn't been paid. It's insanity.  The interest alone will be a beauty and still accruing.  This will make us bust as things stand.  In todays world of immediate information and regs on fairness 50p in the pound won't cut it like 1984, it will need to be paid and interest will accrue on top.  Any payment plan won't freeze interest and if previously defaulted, it won't be over a long period.  

You need to have the money before you can pay it?

17 hours ago, Eddie said:

You need to have the money before you can pay it?

I meant by our benefactor who was going to keep paying the bills .  Read in the DET today that by Christmas the administrators will be looking at flogging off the club memorabilia if there's no buyer.  Hope the club got the Watney cup back from the loan at Stoke.

It's very good that the various supporter groups have sustained their cohesion at this time, as the Supporters Charter Group.

Being able to meet the Administrators will have conveyed the passion and unity of the fanbase to them.

The team and the club needs that show of loyalty, and it is a good advert to prospective investors.

It's also a representative body of fans that can remain in place to meet future new owners of DCFC to establish regular, open communication. 

Edited by Woodypecker

On 05/10/2021 at 21:51, Boycie said:

Hope @loweman2’s missus is making some room!?

i think that she is actually under the miscomprehension that this is good news, that i will be having a clear out, maybe expecting a raid of some kind to take it all away, i caught her "accumulating" some of my prized possesions and putting them into large black plastic bags !! ready for the collection from the administrators, we had a few words and im pleased to say that everything is now back in its proper place, the audacity !!

On 04/10/2021 at 22:50, David said:

The morning following the previous SCG meeting which took place under an NDA, I resigned from my position on the Supporters Charter Group.

I first want to apologise to all the fans that were grateful for the opportunity to voice their concerns to the club through dcfcfans.uk.

Unfortunately there were a number of issues that I was not personally comfortable with so made the difficult decision to resign.

• The NDA, I raised my concerns directly to the club prior to the meeting, warning them what the reaction would be if this became public, which it did.
  • The agreement to release a joint statement following the previous meeting.
  • The delay in getting information from the meetings to you all in a timely manner.
  • The abuse, not just towards myself personally but other supporters groups.

It’s great to see that the new Black & White Together Supporters Group have been given permission to post information from the meeting tonight on Twitter shortly after the meeting had concluded, something we were frustratingly restricted from doing so.

An agreement was made during the second meeting where representatives could not communicate with fans until the meeting minutes were released by the club, which as you know were often delayed.

Something which I strongly disagreed with and made both the club and SCG my thoughts with my resignation.

I do want to thank the club for the opportunity, and wish the Supporters Charter Group good luck going forward.

Tweets from tonights meeting can be found at https://twitter.com/dcfcbwt

Thanks David. Totally agree.