Panic buying

Gritstone Ram

19 hours ago, cstand said:

Anyway listen to this guy who works in the industry built up his own business in a short space of time now sponsors QPR shirts. Love his Presentation skills should be on TV

First came across this guy when I was watching this video a few weeks ago. And before any asks I am not a lorry, bus or train spotter honest.

Come on @Stive PesleyI hand you a good old British Worker success story as requested and still get no like emoji even though you are always very quick to hand out laughing emojis. I try my best.
Oh well never mind onwards and upwards hopefully you can use these videos as motivational inspirational tool to inspire other people to better themselves and the country.

Edited by cstand

1 hour ago, cstand said:

Oh well never mind onwards and upwards hopefully you can use these videos as motivational inspirational tool to inspire other people to better themselves and the country.

Isn't that why lots of people emigrate (legally or otherwise) to this country?

39 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It’s applies to everyone in this country don’t let anyone keep you in victim status forever to be used as a political pawn.

If you believe you can achieve check out the Steve Harvey story and his fantastic videos.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oh dear it’s worse than I thought it’s special victim status for certain people only.

????

Edited by cstand

16 hours ago, cstand said:

Come on @Stive PesleyI hand you a good old British Worker success story as requested and still get no like emoji even though you are always very quick to hand out laughing emojis. I try my best.

I'm not really sure why "one guy successfully starting a business" is relevant to the topic of panic buying.

He's explaining why there is a driver shortage, and he also mentions that inflating HGV drivers wages to try and fix the issue is unsustainable.

We're in a failing state

https://eand.co/want-to-see-a-modern-country-commit-suicide-take-a-hard-look-at-britain-fdeb3ad4bd3c

On 31/10/2021 at 11:27, Eddie said:
On 31/10/2021 at 10:55, Stive Pesley said:

I'm not really sure why "one guy successfully starting a business" is relevant to the topic of panic buying.

He's explaining why there is a driver shortage, and he also mentions that inflating HGV drivers wages to try and fix the issue is unsustainable.

We're in a failing state

https://eand.co/want-to-see-a-modern-country-commit-suicide-take-a-hard-look-at-britain-fdeb3ad4bd3c

That one is guy is many and you know it stop being in denial

Edited by cstand

We're in a failing state

Ha ha you hate a success story.

As for your link try this

https://www.theenglishshavingcompany.com/Derby-de-razor-blades-5-pack.html

We're in a failing state

https://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk

This is all you need to be concerned about nothing else matters. 
Unfortunately whilst we have bonkers Boris at the helm it’s only going to get worse.

I predicted our national debt and the rest of the world would get out of control way before 2016 that’s why I decided to plunge an unexpected windfall  into a gold investment it’s my insurance policy for when MMT fails.

Edited by cstand

On 30/10/2021 at 20:33, RoyMac5 said:

People come here because you can trust the basis of society here - I have worked, and lived, in countries where you can't and it is the most emasculating thing to do to your citizens, put them in a place where they cannot trust the police, the taxman, your manager, the food you buy. We don't have an endemically corrupt society in the UK, even if Trots like me might get up in arms at the actions of many in power, and we should everything we can to keep it that way. 

As for shortages, it is the result of incompetence at every level but also, much though I would like to, this isn't one you can just drop at the door of Brexit (though you can't deny it has been an exacerbating factor). They have exactly the same issue in the US as we speak - people are panic buying turkeys coz they're worried they won't have one for Thanksgiving and lorry drivers are in short demand. It's Covid, it's 'the Great Resignation', it's the mega disruption we have seen to our wonderful consumerist model over the last couple of years.

Edited by BaaLocks

10 hours ago, TimRam said:

The media drive most panic buying, hence the miracle of fuel delivery drivers shortage being sorted in a matter of weeks...strange that.

The media's mis-reporting of a statement made by a  petrol company executive, may have triggered the recent petrol crisis. This shortage was probably avoidable but it did highlight the fact that there is a shortage of HGV drivers.

It also made more people aware of not just this shortage but also the severe shortages of workers in many other industries. Especially those that supply the country's food chain.

Can we expect this short fall in the work force of many industries to be rectified any time in the near future, I doubt it.

I think it will take more than the offer of more money to tempt people to fill many of these vacancies. It will need companies to give it's employees the prospect of a job with a good work life balance, by offering better working hours and conditions.

Of course if the government do a U-turn on their foreign workers policy, it won't resolve the worldwide supply chain problem, but it will make the issue over worker shortages in our own domestic food supply chain a mute point.

While Covid as been a factor for these problems, the blame can not be solely laid at it's feet, brexit as certainly exacerbated the situation. Yes there are other issues that have had an impact on the cause of the shortages but these are the main two in the UK. 

• 2 weeks later...

I panic-bought boxes of Van Steenberge beers today at Lidl.

Just a dozen boxes ( @sage is incapacitated, so some are his), so there's still a few left. Each box contains

• 1 x Gulden Draak Classic *
  • 1 x Gulden Draak Quad*
  • 1 x Bornem Dubbel ***
  • 1 x Bornem Tripel **
  • 1 x Piraat **
  • 1 x Piraat Triple Hop **

*2 utterly world-class beers

**3 Very good beers

***1 beer for cooking

£11.99 per box. What's not to like?

15 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I panic-bought boxes of Van Steenberge beers today at Lidl.

Just a dozen boxes ( @sage is incapacitated, so some are his), so there's still a few left. Each box contains

• 1 x Gulden Draak Classic *
  • 1 x Gulden Draak Quad*
  • 1 x Bornem Dubbel ***
  • 1 x Bornem Tripel **
  • 1 x Piraat **
  • 1 x Piraat Triple Hop **

*2 utterly world-class beers

**3 Very good beers

***1 beer for cooking

£11.99 per box. What's not to like?

Sage?