And Kenny Davenport scores....

Ellafella

11 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Walter Roulstone.

He was an almost ever-present in Derby's first few seasons, so he just might have been the first person in the world to ever play 100 league games. I tried to research it a few years ago, but decided that it would get in the way of drinking.

Unless you had a drink for every player you confirmed he beat to the milestone?

1 hour ago, Duracell said:

And our back line hasn't ever recovered from it! 

I think I remember reading that it was the first goal scored as all the games kicked off concurrently, and this was the earliest goal scored,  as well as a few other ridiculous Victorian instances delaying kick off (flat balls, corset blown on the pitch etc). 

Due to improved technology,medical or otherwise,flat balls are very rare these days.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

If we conceded the first ever league goal in world football (typical of the various other records we hold!) does this mean this was the first ever league game (or were there several that day or previous 0-0 draws)? 

And if it was the first ever game, then presumably we are the first club in the world to win a league football match. That sounds pretty impressive.

And it was an away win ? 

13 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Sorry that it's an EFL tweet.

These clubs should be able to have something on their crests. Like forest snd their two stupid stars, I think this deserves a bit more recognition. Whatever might happen to us (as with Notts county) we can always hold our heads up high and say we were there at the very beginning, and no one can take that away from us.