Ronaldo

MuespachRam

12 hours ago, Jubbs said:

I remember when he crashed his Ferrari after we beat them in the Carling Cup lol

Sadly, your memory is playing tricks on you. He crashed his car ahead of the PL game. The Carling Cup first leg was the following season when we were back in the Championship. Commons scored as you’ll recall. 

12 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I remember singing to him "Yor car is too fast for you" at old Trafford and he was smiling

“You should’ve died in the tunnel!”

I have never seen a player so determined to score a goal as CR that game! I remember him finally scoring, he didn’t celebrate as such, just counted the number of chances/attempts he’d had on his fingers! 

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Sadly, your memory is playing tricks on you. He crashed his car ahead of the PL game. The Carling Cup first leg was the following season when we were back in the Championship. Commons scored as you’ll recall. 

18 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/jan/08/cristiano-ronaldo-car-accident-manchester-united

6 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

“You should’ve died in the tunnel!”

I have never seen a player so determined to score a goal as CR that game! I remember him finally scoring, he didn’t celebrate as such, just counted the number of chances/attempts he’d had on his fingers! 

my recollection seems about right.This was at Old Trafford semi final return leg. crashed Ferrari on 8th jan and we played them on the 21st in 2009. He was warming up on the touch line when we were singing it, and he came on in the second half. I dont trust my memory one bit, it is shocking, but i trust Google ?

On 28/08/2021 at 08:12, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

The scouting team at United recommened Zidane to Fergie when he was at Cannes who did not sign him because he tought he wasnt strong enough, he went to Bordeaux for 2M at the time. He was as strong as an Ox. Tell that to your mate.

Meh, Zidane was an overrated showpony 

Edited by cannable

On 27/08/2021 at 18:59, MuespachRam said:

The 2nd best team finishes 2nd not deceptive at all. 
they are still the biggest club in the world, and Ronnie signing just highlights that 

Ronaldo left United to join Real Madrid when he was one of the best players in the world and approaching his prime.

No way would he have done it the other way round.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

Ronaldo breaks the international scoring record.

But only 15% of his international goals have come against top 15 ranked sides. It obviously makes sense as World Cup and Euro qualifying are predominantly against crap teams, while Portugal are seeded at most international tournaments so they're not likely to play against another top side until the knockout stages.

He's scored a combined 42 goals against just eight teams: Faroe Islands, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra, Luxembourg, Hungary, Estonia, and Armenia. Five of those eight are ranked outside the top 100. None make the top 50.

More than 50% of his goals have come against teams ranked outside the top 50.

Some stats for you there for those that think he's the GOAT.

I personally think he's the best player ever inside the box and in-between the posts. Anywhere else on the pitch and Lionel Messi is a better player. But goals are generally what people remember most.

And Ronaldo right now is the leading scorer both at international level and in the Champions League.

12 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ronaldo breaks the international scoring record.

But only 15% of his international goals have come against top 15 ranked sides. It obviously makes sense as World Cup and Euro qualifying are predominantly against crap teams, while Portugal are seeded at most international tournaments so they're not likely to play against another top side until the knockout stages.

He's scored a combined 42 goals against just eight teams: Faroe Islands, Lithuania, Latvia, Andorra, Luxembourg, Hungary, Estonia, and Armenia. Five of those eight are ranked outside the top 100. None make the top 50.

More than 50% of his goals have come against teams ranked outside the top 50.

They don't care. They will continue to suck Ronny off regardless. He's always gone missing in the big games where Portugal actually need him. Even their spozzy Euro win was achieved with him on the side lines, marching up and down and giving it "ME ME ME" whilst his teammates did the work.

In a way I'm pleased he's back at Untied as I can now go back to properly despising the club and their pathetic hangers on. Also, I'm surprised he can't deliver a better slap, considering what a bitch he is.

19 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Ronaldo left United to join Real Madrid when he was one of the best players in the world and approaching his prime.

No way would he have done it the other way round.

He would have lest Real Madrid to go to FC United if they had offered him enough money. 

On 27/08/2021 at 15:13, enachops said:

He scored 36 in 44 last season. Outscored Lukaku in an inferior team. He’ll get at least 20 goals, probably more. Man Utd have an outstanding team, not sure if Ole is up to it. We’ll find out. No excuses this season. 

Man City have had a bit of a mare though. Grealish doesn’t massively improve them and they don’t have a centre forward. They’ll challenge Man Utd and Chelsea in the Prem, but I think the lack of a quality forward could cost them. 

He scored 1 goal in 75 free kick attempts for Juventus, was brought to then club to win the champions league and didn’t get near It (in fact for further away from It) and they didn’t even win the league this year….…..I would have done that. 

24 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

He scored 1 goal in 75 free kick attempts for Juventus, was brought to then club to win the champions league and didn’t get near It (in fact for further away from It) and they didn’t even win the league this year….…..I would have done that. 

Juventus only made top four last season on the final day because Napoli messed up and failed to win an easy home game.

I know he won a couple of league titles in Italy, but you can hardly call his time there a resounding success. As you say, they became a worse team in Europe and his lack of cajones during Porto's free-kick goal showed him up big time.

33 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Juventus only made top four last season on the final day because Napoli messed up and failed to win an easy home game.

I know he won a couple of league titles in Italy, but you can hardly call his time there a resounding success. As you say, they became a worse team in Europe and his lack of cajones during Porto's free-kick goal showed him up big time.

I would say his transfer to Juventus was just about the worst transfer in football history.