Ronaldo

MuespachRam

I thought Man Utd were lucky to finish 2nd last season.  Liverpool lost most of their defence to injury and Chelsea were experimenting with youth under Lampard.  Liverpool now have their players back fit and Chelsea look a different team under Tuchel and now have Lukaku.  

I had Man Utd to finish no higher than 4th this season but if they manage to sign Ronaldo this puts them right back in the mix and puts pressure on Citeh to sign a striker.  Its gonna be a helluva battle for the title this season.

Surprised by this. Plenty of talk of Ronaldo leaving Juve as they were in decline, but seems strange he would opt for Manchester United as they are the least likely to win the PL out of the big four. (City, Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool).

I would have thought he'd seek a return to Real Madrid to link up with Ancelotti as they're favourites for La Liga.

United under Ole won't win a big trophy. They just won't. 

11 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

It's maybe just me, but I've found the whole Messi, Ronaldo, Kane, Harland, Mbappe transfer sagas so boring. 

It's a country mile away from the game I was brought up on. 

It is weird. This should’ve been the most exciting transfer window in history. All the best players in the world moving around the biggest clubs. But I’ve really not been too arsed by it. Maybe cos Derby aren’t involved in any transfers, let alone these big ones, so I’ve given up in the idea if following the comings and going’s at all. Might not even bother staying up late on deadline day. 

Funny how United have really lost their shine in the last few years, as far as any Brit looking on is concerned. Whereas globally, they seem to be just as iconic as they ever were. From the outside looking in, you’re looking at a couple of second place finishes recently, regular champions league, europa cup finalists, so still consistently among the best teams in England. From the inside, it’s clear they’re in decline and have been for ages. The second places have been a bit deceptive. 

From the inside, they’re picking up ageing superstars, with waning powers, to plug holes, ibrahimovic, Cavani and now Ronaldo. From the outside, they’ve got superstars playing for them, who cares if they’re best days are behind them, more names for the back of the shirt. 

it’s weird. 

19 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Funny how United have really lost their shine in the last few years, as far as any Brit looking on is concerned. Whereas globally, they seem to be just as iconic as they ever were. From the outside looking in, you’re looking at a couple of second place finishes recently, regular champions league, europa cup finalists, so still consistently among the best teams in England. From the inside, it’s clear they’re in decline and have been for ages. The second places have been a bit deceptive. 

From the inside, they’re picking up ageing superstars, with waning powers, to plug holes, ibrahimovic, Cavani and now Ronaldo. From the outside, they’ve got superstars playing for them, who cares if they’re best days are behind them, more names for the back of the shirt. 

it’s weird. 

The 2nd best team finishes 2nd not deceptive at all. 
they are still the biggest club in the world, and Ronnie signing just highlights that 

This isn't meant to be a dumb question but is a 36 year old CR7 any good? I know Man Utd got him for a nominal fee but he'll be 38 when his contract expires.....a lot of Man Utd fans seem to be creaming themselves but where would you place him against other players in the Premiership this season?

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

This isn't meant to be a dumb question but is a 36 year old CR7 any good? I know Man Utd got him for a nominal fee but he'll be 38 when his contract expires.....a lot of Man Utd fans seem to be creaming themselves but where would you place him against other players in the Premiership this season?

I’m not sure he is that good at all actually, he will sell 1 million more shirts and packets of noodles so I guess that’s all they care about..? 
he will score 10-15 goals in a season without doubt. 

14 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

He outscored Lukakau last season

"Ronaldo finished the campaign as the leading scorer in the competition, netting 29 times across 33 appearances for Juventus to be named the most valuable forward.

Lukaku ranked second in the scorer's list with 24 goals from 36 outings, though the Belgium striker did provide 11 assists compared to Ronaldo's tally of three as he was named "the best overall" MVP."