Takeover Update

Arsene Titman

As i have posted before, if MM has nothing to hide why hasn't he submitted the accounts sooner. Nobody on here has a clue what the accounts look like,maybe when the accounts are re-submitted it opens a new can of worms. MM may have been (nobody knows) trying to convince new investors that things aren't so bad as they actually are and they would have been left with the unpaid taxes and other debts owing to Cocu and staff as well as Keogh etc.so he could have sold out and disappeared before the 18th. It may be possible that the EFL have an inkling as to the clubs finances and that is why they are demanding such assurances. As for the EFL using delaying tactics i don't think they would as they might see it as a case of getting rid of the thorn in their side as soon as possible if a takeover is lined up.   

9 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Ok, I saw it mentioned on here somewhere earlier this year ??‍♂️

Mate as I say I have no idea on Mels wealth but most wealthy people have loads of overheads and collateral spends /purchases

They can’t just put their hand on money as and when they want it as some may be invested etc etc 

Edited by Curtains
Added

Just now, Curtains said:

Mate as I say I have no idea on Mels wealth but most wealthy people have loads of overheads and collateral spends  

They can’t just put their hand on money as and when they want it as some may be invested etc etc 

I know dude, I understand that.
Forums are for differing POVs and I like to voice mine, but equally like to hear other fellow supporters to make the POVs known too.

Hopefully somewhere amongst the opinions and conjecture lies the truth!

UP THE RAMS ? 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

To get out of embargo now, he likely needs to have the cash in available right now. I presume he's 'stalling' hoping the takeover/investment comes through before needing to find the cash himself

Its all rather strange and confusing.

From MMs point of view, just because he has to show that he has the means to support the club ( by proving he has the readies in a bank account or something ) doesn't mean he actually has to spend it. If the club is bought by new owners, his commitment would end that day.

And for someone who is still reportedly worth several hundreds and millions of pounds, showing that you have say £30m (figure plucked out of air )  in cash somewhere easy to get at shouldnt be too hard to demonstrate. 

So I’m thinking there must be some other issue going on in the background here ?

Going into administration would obviously incur the points penalty.

It all gets messy with the ownership of ground potentially going to MSD as @i-Ram says, but would they want the rest of the club????? I struggle to see it.

If administrators were put in charge for any length of time they are immediately going to slash costs. Any staff that can be got rid of will be. 

Then funds will be raised by selling any saleable assets, the likes of Buchanan, Joz, Sibley, etc going for what we can get for them.

After that there’s very little fat to cut aside from Rooney’s comparatively huge wages. So I’d imagine they’d try and work out a way to get him off the wagebill too!

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

Going into administration would obviously incur the points penalty.

It all gets messy with the ownership of ground potentially going to MSD as @i-Ram says, but would they want the rest of the club????? I struggle to see it.

If administrators were put in charge for any length of time they are immediately going to slash costs. Any staff that can be got rid of will be. 

Then funds will be raised by selling any saleable assets, the likes of Buchanan, Joz, Sibley, etc going for what we can get for them.

After that there’s very little fat to cut aside from Rooney’s comparatively huge wages. So I’d imagine they’d try and work out a way to get him off the wagebill too!

So basically the one positive of admin is Rooney could potentially be gone. Get it done now ??

19 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

I know dude, I understand that.
Forums are for differing POVs and I like to voice mine, but equally like to hear other fellow supporters to make the POVs known too.

Hopefully somewhere amongst the opinions and conjecture lies the truth!

UP THE RAMS ? 

I didn’t mean to annoy you mate just giving my point of view also. 

Up the Rams 

Just now, Curtains said:

Under all circumstances !

He's not just bought a car Curtains... he's bought a community asset that comes along with it certain obligations and commitments not only to the fans but to the employees of the club too. I honestly don't have much sympathy for a bloke who was that 'desperate' to sell us the other year he was still asking for 100 million quid for the club all in. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Dunno. There is an accounting rule that says the accountants can’t sign off on unqualified accounts unless they are satisfied the company has 12 months working capital. I wondered if Nixon has it slightly wrong. Perhaps it is our accountants who are now cautious. And saying ‘we can’t sign off on our audit without a support letter from Mel, to satisfy us on working capital .’ 

Ah, could be that. As Mel is essentially "the club" I guess that would make sense. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I have become cynical enough about this to be skeptical about whether there is any takeover to have updates about.

After Morris' attempted PR whitewash this week, I'm even more disinclined to believe anything that comes out of the club.

Sadly this is the effect these PR blunders will have for many fans.

Its a messy situation. I don't think I blame the EFL for these embargos, and whatismore, actually think they are actually helping Derby. Yes its far from ideal that we can't sign players and have a threadbare squad, but when we owe money, and not paying that money back, to every man and his dog, why would we be allowed to start building up new debts in additional players wages? 

I've been going to watch Derby for the last 20 years. My bar is so low that I've accepted relegation and would rather just have a fairly stable club that is able to start the league next season.