When was the last time we went 18 league matches without a win?

Has our 2 - 0 win over Luton in April been erased from the history books? About 10 league games isn’t it since we last won? I think it perfectly reasonable otherwise to assume we won’t win any of our next 8 league games.

We're not 18 without a win, we're 9 without a win. It was only last season that we went that long previously (11 without a win, mostly under Cocu). Before that, the closest spells include a spell of 8 without a win under Rowett (part of a larger spell of 2 wins in 13), a spell of 1 win in 10 the season prior (mostly under McClaren, plus Rowett's first game in charge), a spell of 1 in 9 under Pearson that same season, a spell of 8 without a win under Clement and one game by Wassall the season prior to that, and 7 without a win under McClaren prior to that (which I include because, like the Rowett spell, it was part of a spell of 2 wins in 13).

19 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Has our 2 - 0 win over Luton in April been erased from the history books? About 10 league games isn’t it since we last won? I think it perfectly reasonable otherwise to assume we won’t win any of our next 8 league games.

1 win in 18….if it makes you feel better ?

12 minutes ago, JfR said:

We're not 18 without a win, we're 9 without a win. It was only last season that we went that long previously (11 without a win, mostly under Cocu). Before that, the closest spells include a spell of 8 without a win under Rowett (part of a larger spell of 2 wins in 13), a spell of 1 win in 10 the season prior (mostly under McClaren, plus Rowett's first game in charge), a spell of 1 in 9 under Pearson that same season, a spell of 8 without a win under Clement and one game by Wassall the season prior to that, and 7 without a win under McClaren prior to that (which I include because, like the Rowett spell, it was part of a spell of 2 wins in 13).

i think it has more to do with the performances and like of playing style/attacking threat this time. 

32 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I was hoping it wouldnt be THAT season....it makes me shiver thinking about it.

It was the longest winless run in prem history wasn't it? We can still extend it if we ever see the Prem again.

I think it set some kind of european record as well, as they kept saying Schalke was going ti beat our record at one point.

Just for the record, us half fans get mocked but if it wasn’t for us sitting in our armchairs keeping our charts and spreadsheets going, the Ram’s recent form would not be accurately reported on here. It’s alright standing on the terraces, singing your songs about Collymore and doing that bounce thing, but coming on here claiming no wins in 18 league games, and 1 win in 18 league games, is greatly irresponsible and likely to cause unnecessary concern regarding our current run of form.

33 minutes ago, GenBr said:

It was the longest winless run in prem history wasn't it? We can still extend it if we ever see the Prem again.

I think it set some kind of european record as well, as they kept saying Schalke was going ti beat our record at one point.

It' s the longest winless run in the history of the English league.  We only had to beat Doncaster or Barnsley to avoid it.  Equalled a couple of years ago by Macclesfield who could have broke it but managed to get two injury time goals to beat Carlisle.  Same season Watford equalled our FA Cup6-0 defeat I think.  That would have gone if John Stones could score an open goal from 3 yards with a minute to go.  

Although when we beat Wycombe neither were on the pitch when we scored the winner..and against Huddersfield Gregory went off in the first half and against Bristol City Bielik was off after 36 minutes..

Edited by Yani P

48 minutes ago, Yani P said:

Although when we beat Wycombe neither were on the pitch when we scored the winner..and against Huddersfield Gregory went off in the first half and against Bristol City Bielik was off after 36 minutes..

but they were involved in the game though