The DCFCFANS community

Curtains

28 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Help me out Mucker. I have no idea of the reference so unsure what best way to respond to my mate @Curtains

You might (or might not) remember a big hit single by Joni Mitchell in the early 70’s called Big Yellow Taxi, that was a reference to the vehicle used to cart someone away to the (dare I say) looney bin. ?

Just now, Pearl Ram said:

You might (or might not) remember a big hit single by Joni Mitchell in the early 70’s called Big Yellow Taxi, that was a reference to the vehicle used to cart someone away to the (dare I say) looney bin. ?

Great song, love Joni….remember staying with my brother in London in the 80s, first game of the new season when we were at Chelsea. By chance I woke up to hear him playing a Joni album and the classic Chelsea Morning track came on ?. Turned out to be a Chelsea afternoon though when they hammered us 5-0, a certain Kerry Dixon making his debut and scoring a few….still enjoyed those days though….

2 hours ago, angieram said:

The way to express an opinion is to say 

"I think that..."

"In my view..." 

Not 

Lawrence is crap

Rooney is clueless.

We are getting relegated.

Must have been hundreds of posts said exactly the latter last season. Turned out not one of them was fact.

any subjective comment is a personal opinion.  I don't need someone to say IMO to realise that it is not a fact

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

any subjective comment is a personal opinion.  I don't need someone to say IMO to realise that it is not a fact

Oh, I see. Well, I do. 

I think that a lot of the arguments on here are because some people insist on posting their opinions as though they are truths.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Oh, I see. Well, I do. 

I think that a lot of the arguments on here are because some people insist on posting their opinions as though they are truths.

we've just got one on here recently expressing his/her opinion and retorting later that nobody has challenged the stated facts.   Now that is odd.  We all hold personal truths doesn't mean they are facts

I sent you a PM a few days ago

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

such as we are going to get relegated, which is clearly an opinion and not a fact.

That’s an opinion, Cocu has a better win % than Wazza is a fact, just for example…..so posts on here will be a mixture of the two…

Great thread @Curtains. This Forum is excellent with a good group of posters. I’m relying on it at the moment for a bit of hope in these turbulent times. On the whole Rams fans are a patient bunch, and we are really putting up with a nightmare at present.

I don’t think other clubs fans would have been as understanding, Villa for example, they usually bale out when the going gets tough.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Oh, I see. Well, I do. 

Facts are a bit different from truths, it's basically the old 'is ought' gap that exists. So for instance, one of my truths is that I believe the club is an institution that fundamentally belongs to those who are from the community and support the club. Owners are nothing more than temporary custodians who have a duty to look after that institution the best they can. That's not a fact but a strongly held truth of mine that I believe is how a club should be seen and where the location of authority really lies. 

Facts are often deceptive and need to be located into their proper context for them to make sense. For instance with Rooney, we could talk about his low win percentage, winless runs and inability to tighten us up or get us scoring to make a case he's a poor choice. Others might point to depth of squad, previous mismanagement and lack of time to give him more of a chance. Making the 'fact' claim surrounding Rooney (and others) is therefore very difficult and rests upon opinions guided by facts. 

I agree with what @Jimbo Ram said earlier about football being closer to a religion and the different roles people have. 

8 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Facts are a bit different from truths, it's basically the old 'is ought' gap that exists. So for instance, one of my truths is that I believe the club is an institution that fundamentally belongs to those who are from the community and support the club. Owners are nothing more than temporary custodians who have a duty to look after that institution the best they can. That's not a fact but a strongly held truth of mine that I believe is how a club should be seen and where the location of authority really lies. 

Facts are often deceptive and need to be located into their proper context for them to make sense. For instance with Rooney, we could talk about his low win percentage, winless runs and inability to tighten us up or get us scoring to make a case he's a poor choice. Others might point to depth of squad, previous mismanagement and lack of time to give him more of a chance. Making the 'fact' claim surrounding Rooney (and others) is therefore very difficult and rests upon opinions guided by facts. 

I agree with what @Jimbo Ram said earlier about football being closer to a religion and the different roles people have. 

It’s a fact that we have varying opinions on here. .

I mean some think Sibley is God but I tend to differ. 

He comes on as a substitute and does great yesterday against Salford and people say he’s the best thing since sliced bread and he’s the messiah and all the other players are peasants .

Thats disrespectful IMO and simply not true 

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's good to have diverse opinions but it's also good to have diverse opinions respected.

When I read comments about having your teeth punched down your throat for allegedly being an anti fan then I seriously question that. 

Which is absolutely fair, but people who do literally nothing but whine on here also make the forum an unpleasant place for others. I don't understand why some can't state their grievance and just leave it there. It's as if they won't relent until everyone else is as miserable as they are. Worse still is when they react like mardy ducking toddlers when they get called out. Cuts both ways.

7 minutes ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

Which is absolutely fair, but people who do literally nothing but whine on here also make the forum an unpleasant place for others. I don't understand why some can't state their grievance and just leave it there. It's as if they won't relent until everyone else is as miserable as they are. Worse still is when they react like mardy ducking toddlers when they get called out. Cuts both ways.

I've been fairly positive recently I'll have you know. 

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

It’s a fact that we have varying opinions on here. .

I mean some think Sibley is God but I tend to differ. 

He comes on as a substitute and does great yesterday against Salford and people say he’s the best thing since sliced bread and he’s the messiah and all the other players are peasants .

Thats disrespectful IMO and simply not true 

Sliced bread is crap - fact???