The DCFCFANS community

Curtains

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's good to have diverse opinions but it's also good to have diverse opinions respected.

When I read comments about having your teeth punched down your throat for allegedly being an anti fan then I seriously question that. 

You’re slacking… I didn’t have to google a single word of that post, may I suggest giving the old thesaurus a dust down?

6 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Great place to be. 

Keeps us all sane really.

Its good to have diverse opinions.

Thoughts 

Up the Rams. 

I was actually just thinking that the forum is getting worse by the day.

Having diverse opinions is great but when a poster tries to pass off their opinions as fact, it doesn't do anything for debate, it seems to me. 

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

Having diverse opinions is great but when a poster tries to pass off their opinions as fact, it doesn't do anything for debate, it seems to me. 

Debate is easy to be honest but it can get heated because opinions can be entrenched.

We have to do our best and by and large the mods on here sort most things in a good way. 

6 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's good to have diverse opinions but it's also good to have diverse opinions respected.

When I read comments about having your teeth punched down your throat for allegedly being an anti fan then I seriously question that. 

opinions don't need to be respected. Some of them are effing stupid.

What needs to be respected is the right to express those opinions and the right to challenge opinions. And that includes laughing at someone's opinion. Threats and insults aren't opinions. Feel free not to respect them at all.?

1 minute ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

What needs to be respected is the right to express those opinions and the right to challenge opinions. And that includes laughing at someone's opinion. Threats and insults aren't opinions. Feel free not to respect them at all.?

5 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

#COYR 

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

There’s always been posters on here who come across as stating fact.

Dont go in the covid thread for gowds sake.

7 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I agree but it's a difficult one isn't it I mean then every thread that gets started you'd then have to provide a factual source or link for your opinion as in the Transfer thread.

When people start posting about their intimate physicians knowledge about Mel Morris' current state of health to defend him for example then it does grow very tiresome. 

16 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

? Haven't seen reference to one of those (in this context!) for at least 3.5 decades!  

Are we even allowed to mention them nowadays, with this oh so PC culture we now have to abide by!  ?

Help me out Mucker. I have no idea of the reference so unsure what best way to respond to my mate @Curtains

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I agree but it's a difficult one isn't it I mean then every thread that gets started you'd then have to provide a factual source or link for your opinion as in the Transfer thread.

When people start posting about their intimate physicians knowledge about Mel Morris' current state of health to defend him for example then it does grow very tiresome. 

At times like that, I always think of Tommy Smith's patio set and the whole notion of inside knowledge becomes ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Help me out Mucker. I have no idea of the reference so unsure what best way to respond to my mate @Curtains

Back in the '70's, it was often mentioned (by school kids, at least) that loonies would be gathered up by men in white coats, and carted away in a yellow van!

Like I say... soooooooooooooo un-PC!  ?

32 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Great place to be. 

Keeps us all sane really.

Its good to have diverse opinions.

Thoughts 

Up the Rams. 

Good post Curtains. I happen to be an atheist but believe there are similarities with being a football fan and religion. Those that will be attending a church service as we speak will be a diverse group of people with differing views on what the church and their faith means to them. Some will listen and agree with everything the vicar or whoever is giving the service says and ask no questions, whereas others might be more vocal and ask questions and challenge certain things, maybe the church’s views on homosexuality for example. But ultimately they all have their faith and leave that service as Christians or whatever religious group they are part of. That’s exactly how it is being a Rams fan for me. We might disagree on some things and agree on others but when we walk in to Pride Park we are all Rams fans and want the best for the team.