What On Earth Is Going On At Derby?

alanmarklewis

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

We can draw a line under it at what ever point we choose and I choose now.  I found this report rather sad and that's not how I want to feel going into this season. A new season, a clean sheet. A new beginning. I appreciate where you are coming from. I am not hiding my head in the sand and I am not pretending that all is well.  Starting a new season on such a negative note does not help our team at all. If the fans expect us to fail then the team will have less confidence. They need lots of support from the fans. I hope that the team this season will respond to the positive response from the fans and will rise to the occasion. It's going to be a long and hard season so get behind our beloved team and stop draining their confidence.

Oh I see,it's me draining their confidence?

As far as I'm aware I wasn't at the stadium last season where I would normally be...that goes for 28000 other people too,so I'm fairly sure that there may have been other factors involved.

But funnily enough,I will be at every home game this time around and cheering on the lads from there as many of us do.

The lads out there always get my unequivocal support,inept gaffers and bosses less so if they don't deserve it.

I'll continue to question and deliberate on the issues that face us managerially both on the pitch and off it (if that's ok with you)

You see being a fan means that you care about the club and its future and don't just hide away from the downsides...that way you enjoy the upsides even more rather than just blindly clapping away pretending it's all perfect.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

1 hour ago, Miggins said:

Starting a new season on such a negative note does not help our team at all. If the fans expect us to fail then the team will have less confidence. They need lots of support from the fans. I hope that the team this season will respond to the positive response from the fans and will rise to the occasion. It's going to be a long and hard season so get behind our beloved team and stop draining their confidence.

I still have nightmares about the 11 point season and here's where I take exception to your comment - I don't know what more the fans could have done that season other than form a human wall and block our goalmouth every game to stop the opposition from scoring.

We were abject and there was no correlation between the fans support and the level of performances witnessed. The players and the performances were a disgrace - I would hate to have seen how many points we would have got if the atmosphere at Pride Park HAD turned toxic.

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

As far as I'm aware I wasn't at the stadium last season where I would normally be...that goes for 28000 other people too,so I'm fairly sure that there may have been other factors involved.

But funnily enough,I will be at every home game this time around and cheering on the lads from there as many of us do.

The lads out there always get my unequivocal support,inept gaffers and bosses less so if they don't deserve it.

I'll continue to question and deliberate on the issues that face us managerially both on the pitch and off it (if that's ok with you)

You see being a fan means that you care about the club and its future and don't just hide away from the downsides...that way you enjoy the upsides even more rather than just blindly clapping away pretending it's all perfect.

You saved me a post ? 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I still have nightmares about the 11 point season and here's where I take exception to your comment - I don't know what more the fans could have done that season other than form a human wall and block our goalmouth every game to stop the opposition from scoring.

We were abject and there was no correlation between the fans support and the level of performances witnessed. The players and the performances were a disgrace - I would hate to have seen how many points we would have got if the atmosphere at Pride Park HAD turned toxic.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

You saved me a post ? 

I think what we have here is the classic confusion between supporting the team in person, and what people post online on a dedicated forum set up to deliver our verdicts.

I'll hammer them on here, if they deserve it, yet I wouldn't act that way while at a game, and I suspect you all would behave similarly, judging on your previous posts?

There's a world of difference between supporting the team in person, and talking about what we think is wrong on here, including being critical of individual players or management, and confusing the two insults the intelligence of many.

9 minutes ago, Rev said:

I think what we have here is the classic confusion between supporting the team in person, and what people post online on a dedicated forum set up to deliver our verdicts.

I'll hammer them on here, if they deserve it, yet I wouldn't act that way while at a game, and I suspect you all would behave similarly, judging on your previous posts?

There's a world of difference between supporting the team in person, and talking about what we think is wrong on here, including being critical of individual players or management, and confusing the two insults the intelligence of many.

Exactly. You put it so well. The way I see it is that the powers that be, the owners of DCFC, are custodians of our great club, that is all. We as fans deserve openness and transparency as well as the right to question things when big decisions are made. We ask the questions and make our points known because we want the best for the club we love and support. We want the club to be run well both on and off the pitch and that will mean at times questions will be asked and some criticism made. However, come 3pm on a Saturday, after my 5 pints in the Brunswick, once I get to the ground I am 100% behind the owners, the manager and whatever players are chosen to play for that game. For me that is what being a football supporter is all about and is as valid as those fans that choose to accept without question every decision the owners and management make. As you say, confusing the two is totally missing the point?

2 minutes ago, Rev said:

I agree with that to some extent, Rev, but it sets a tone that others repeat here and elsewhere, sometimes directly to players e.g. on Twitter. I also suspect some players find their way onto Forums like ours from time to time - poor souls! 

I have never personally had an issue with posters who post constructive criticism of either players or the more general position of the club, but you have to admit there are a number of posters who are relentlessly negative about everything to do with the club and are overly personal in their abuse of individual players, coaching staff or the owner. While they may be able to shake this off and get fully behind the team on matchdays (which I have my doubts about in some instances ?), many others who are less able to detach themselves in that way take it on board and shout out the abuse directly to players at games.

I often post little snippets from the club Twitter feed on here to try to introduce something positive to chat about just to break the cycle, but the amount of smart-arse replies I get when I do discourages me from even trying.

And I don't mean the jokey stuff, I mean the dragging absolutely everything that the club does into a negative. I think quite a lot of posters find it tiresome. I know I do. 

2 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Ngl I did have a smile when reading that first paragraph. That should have been our tactic or throw our shoes at the opposition in a desperate bid to put them off. 

15 minutes ago, angieram said:

I agree with that to some extent, Rev, but it sets a tone that others repeat here and elsewhere, sometimes directly to players e.g. on Twitter. I also suspect some players find their way onto Forums like ours from time to time - poor souls! 

I have never personally had an issue with posters who post constructive criticism of either players or the more general position of the club, but you have to admit there are a number of posters who are relentlessly negative about everything to do with the club and are overly personal in their abuse of individual players, coaching staff or the owner. While they may be able to shake this off and get fully behind the team on matchdays (which I have my doubts about in some instances ?), many others who are less able to detach themselves in that way take it on board and shout out the abuse directly to players at games.

I often post little snippets from the club Twitter feed on here to try to introduce something positive to chat about just to break the cycle, but the amount of smart-arse replies I get when I do discourages me from even trying.

And I don't mean the jokey stuff, I mean the dragging absolutely everything that the club does into a negative. I think quite a lot of posters find it tiresome. I know I do. 

As ever @angieram, a perfectly put post.

I do however doubt this forum has the reach to truly influence what fans shout out during a match, this is a little corner of the committed fan base, unrepresentative of the majority of match going fans.

There are a few relentlessly negative posters on here, no doubt, but they're probably balanced out by those who see no fault with the current situation and the clubs current administration.

There's no doubt this little corner of the internet is less fun than a few years back, but then again there's less to laugh at.

Finally, keep posting up those little clips from Twitter etc. As a fan whose only social media interaction is pretty much this forum, such links provide the chance to watch and read content I'd otherwise miss. 

They might be fluff, they might not, but I'd never see them without you and your fellow linkers posting them!

5 hours ago, angieram said:

but you have to admit there are a number of posters who are relentlessly negative about everything to do with the club and are overly personal in their abuse of individual players, coaching staff or the owner. While they may be able to shake this off and get fully behind the team on matchdays (which I have my doubts about in some instances ?), many others who are less able to detach themselves in that way take it on board and shout out the abuse directly to players at games.

Have to say that I've never seen any abuse personal or otherwise directed at players, coaching staff or the owner as you allude to on here, maybe it's because that it's gets nipped in the bud so quickly by the mods that it never gets to see the light of day which I can understand, or likewise the OP banned. 

I have though seen petty, vitriolic abuse though directed at individuals on this forum whom have the temerity to have a differing viewpoint from others - I know that there is a block button available but likewise that sort of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated either just if a poster has a divergent opinion.

I read one lament about the frustrations of social media and the constant negativity that the person finds it brings, well there's a solution unfortunately for that which is a very simple fix. 

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Have to say that I've never seen any abuse personal or otherwise directed at players, coaching staff or the owner as you allude to on here, maybe it's because that it's gets nipped in the bud so quickly by the mods that it never gets to see the light of day which I can understand, or likewise the OP banned. 

I have though seen petty, vitriolic abuse though directed at individuals on this forum whom have the temerity to have a differing viewpoint from others - I know that there is a block button available but likewise that sort of behaviour shouldn't be tolerated either just if a poster has a divergent opinion.

I read one lament about the frustrations of social media and the constant negativity that the person finds it brings, well there's a solution unfortunately for that which is a very simple fix. 

Agreed about abuse of players, I haven't seen much of that at all on here, thankfully....

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I recall one mod referring to anybody exploring the EFL case as not right minded.  Apart from the odd wum everybody here is 100% ram.  As in life in general it is a pretty healthy approach to challenge your principles by exploring contrary opinions.  Doesn’t mean you believe in them just because you feel the need to try to understand them.  

On 22/07/2021 at 20:15, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I know that this is all chewed meat at this point but I just wanted to say that this was never intended to be a personal  attack on you. It was more of a rally the troops / community post after a glass of wine. I would never ever attack a fellow poster in the way that you thought I did. I joined this forum because I love the passion, wit and insight I read here. I understand how my clumsy wording led you to be so angry, but I apologise because it was, and will never be intentional. ? PS  I wanted to reply much sooner but your ire resulted in my laptop expiring. Just kidding! I'm now having to get used to a new laptop and it is so difficult! I'd had the last one for 11 years and this one is going to take a lot of getting used to. Keep well, and apologies once more.

Edited by Miggins

8 minutes ago, Miggins said:

I know that this is all chewed meat at this point but I just wanted to say that this was never intended to be a personal  attack on you. It was more of a rally the troops / community post after a glass of wine. I would never ever attack a fellow poster in the way that you thought I did. I joined this forum because I love the passion, wit and insight I read here. I understand how my clumsy wording led you to be so angry, but I apologise because it was, and will never be intentional. ? PS  I wanted to reply much sooner but your ire resulted in my laptop expiring. Just kidding! I'm now having to get used to a new laptop and it is so difficult! I'd had the last one for 11 years and this one is going to take a lot of getting used to. Keep well, and apologies once more.

Don't be daft miggins,no problem at all but thank you anyway.

We are all fans here mate and we are all want the best for the club and have differing opinions on quite how we get there,that's the beauty of it ???