Wycombe threaten to sue and send us into admin. if we stay up!

RoyMac5

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

What the actual duck has all this got to do with Wycombe anyhow 

our alleged offences were during a time they had duck all to do with the championship 

they’re just trying to piggy back off a load of Twitter and fB anti Derby crap 

tin pot nothing club 

Is this the Wycombe Wanderers chairman or just the club incarnate.  

BDDA2575-A5D5-4156-9E21-33B303D97FC1.gif

17 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

What the actual duck has all this got to do with Wycombe anyhow 

our alleged offences were during a time they had duck all to do with the championship ...

Their point is that the EFL should have sorted all this out before the end of the season. That is the 'timing' that Wycombe are arguing about. If our punishment (which will obviously be a points deduction according to them!) had happened mid season they would still be in the division and we'd be down.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Their point is that the EFL should have sorted all this out before the end of the season. That is the 'timing' that Wycombe are arguing about. If our punishment (which will obviously be a points deduction according to them!) had happened mid season they would still be in the division and we'd be down.

Shouldn’t they be suing Steve Gibson then? 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Wycombe owner accuses Derby of 'systematic cheating' - BBC Sport

"BBC Sport has been told the EFL produced an interchangeable fixture list to allow for the entire case to run its course. Although, in accepting there is no timescale, the EFL has left open the potential for it to run beyond 7 August, when the domestic season is due to begin.

That could mean Wycombe starting life in League One before the final outcome of the case is known.

"If we don't get a decision until after we have started and we were forced to play in League One, my suspicion would be Derby would owe Wycombe for the losses we would sustain for not playing in the Championship in 2021-22 and any reasonably projected economic losses," Couhig said.

"So we are looking in the region of £10m-£15m of potential losses for a Derby club which, the last time I looked, is having some trouble paying its creditors.

"We would have an obligation to look into [suing them]. If it was the best thing for the club, yes, that is what we would do."

So he's blatant about pointing out we can't pay our creditors, but would have an obligation to sue!

That`s all well and good, but if he sue`s and as a consequence he sends us into administration, he wont get a penny and will still have a legal bill to pay himself, which would obviously be counter-productive for Wycombe.

I`m filing this under "Nothing to see here"

Edited by Betty Swollocks

9 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Great. I can now add Wycombe to the growing list of 'clubs I dislike'... which is a shame because I like seeing small, sustainably run teams hold their own against the big boys (despite, arguably, they shouldn't have been promoted to the Championship in the first place... but that's a different argument).

Precisely, where does it end, their route to promotion was shady to say the least.

It’s comical to then try and turn their attention to us following their inevitable relegation from what in essence was a division that in all fairness they should never have been promoted to in the first place. 

Hypocrisy of the highest order from “The Wealdstone Raider” 

I live very local to Wycombe and have been to most home games the last few years so I guess I'm sort of a part time fan when not watching Derby, and I'm really disappointed by Couhig with these comments. Everything he has done since coming into the club has been spot on, but these comments are really ill-judged and opportunistic.

I think the majority of Wycombe fans will be feeling the same today, they were not good enough to stay up and really only went up due to the covid situation and I think most fans would feel very uneasy staying up like this. If anything, Couhig should be mad at the EFL for delaying their own preparations for next season.

Way to blow all that good will they've created this season as well. 

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Dam right it should have been sorted out before the seasons end 

it should have sorted out ages ago

we should have had a January to trade freely not be hampered by a soft embargo 

Derby go into a January window needing players to stay up if we had been able to pick up players from the start of it we wouldn’t have left it til the final 24hours when the embargo was lifted to pick up whatever dregs we’re left over 

they have a weak case imo 

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If they'd sorted themselves out they should have applied the deductions to 18/19 - So why don't we just be nice and fair and take a 21 point deduction for that season?

If their argument is that TIMING is the biggest factor then we should really apply it to when the EFL should have worked it all out - I supposed in that case we should really let the team we beat to 6th place that year a chance to compete against Leeds and Villa in the next few weeks for a place in the Premier League

That should get Gibson off our backs if nothing else does (and we'd all get to see Boro get humiliated)

7 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

If they'd sorted themselves out they should have applied the deductions to 18/19 - So why don't we just be nice and fair and take a 21 point deduction for that season?

If their argument is that TIMING is the biggest factor then we should really apply it to when the EFL should have worked it all out - I supposed in that case we should really let the team we beat to 6th place that year a chance to compete against Leeds and Villa in the next few weeks for a place in the Premier League

That should get Gibson off our backs if nothing else does (and we'd all get to see Boro get humiliated)

And this argument is precisely what Steve Gibson put forward as he wanted Middlesbrough to be named as an affected party in the appeal (and therefore bring their own witnesses etc). It was considered and rejected by the LAP. It is exactly why the whole thing was delayed by a further six months. It’s a stronger argument than Wycombe’s, and was totally dismissed. 

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If it ever got before a judge, the judge would say this was resolved by the EFL process which wycombe agrees to as part of being in the efl competition.

He doesn't like how long the process took? Lobby to change the process but that can't amount to a claim for damages.

He doesn't like the outcome of the process? see above.

Didn’t the EFL and Boro hold the process up in the first place? Should they be sued. Also where were Wycombe during these seasons? They weren’t in the Championship.

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Do you think we have been cheating?

Cheating is a very emotive word. All of the benefits we have gained from our Machiavellian attempts to circumnavigate the rules such as selling the ground have resulted in zero gain from us other than pissing off other clubs and now the EFL who are now gleefully trying to do their best to get their own back on us. 

2 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Cheating is a very emotive word. All of the benefits we have gained from our Machiavellian attempts to circumnavigate the rules such as selling the ground have resulted in zero gain from us other than pissing off other clubs and now the EFL who are now gleefully trying to do their best to get their own back on us. 

But have we broken any rules from your point of view?