EFL Verdict

DCFC90

4 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

TBH even if the accounts were within P And S limits I think I would wait till the very last minute.

I think you have a point. The club may want to avoid releasing compliant P&S returns before the LAP hears the appeal on sanctions. Because if the LAP knows there is no sanction except for the 100k (because the returns are compliant), then they are more likely to get stuck in with heftier penalties 

I dont think the EFL have actually done anything wrong with regards the interchangeable fixtures. These would have been decided a while ago, before the IDC decision was announced so this is actually forward thinking from the EFL for once, even if its never been done before. There were 4 scenarios from the IDC result -

1. Both us & the EFL are happy = no appeal

2. EFL happy, we're not = we appeal

3. We're happy, EFL arent = EFL appeal

4. Neither are happy = both appeal

So the interchangeable fixtures were created due to a 75% chance an appeal could be made and the divisional swap may or may not happen. If they hadnt done this then lets say 2 days before the season started it turned out we changed division, imagine the nightmare of having to sort the fixtures out. It could have been we were relegated to League 1 by the IDC, appealed and reinstated to the Championship, either way this needed to be done. I think the timing of the IDC result made it look worse but I reckon if we hadnt got the result when we did the interchangeable fixtures would still have been announced but with a comment saying we are just waiting on the IDC decision.

7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

But then we would be shooting ourselves in the foot as then we would be under an embargo of some type.

Are we 100% exactly what we are under the embargo for? The non-release of accounts for the last 2 years is definitely one reason, so could it not be the case that we now file those (with straight-line amortisation, now we know that's required) and the embargo is lifted? Then we just sit on the resubmissions until the last minute. As far as I know, any embargoes related to the charges were dropped when we were cleared at first, and there's been no suggestions that they have been reapplied since.

17 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I would be surprised and disappointed if Derby are not at least looking into potential litigation against the EFL, the Chairmen driving this witch hunt and certainly the owner of Wycombe for his cheating comments.. 

I belive that DCFC were informing the EFL just that yesterday when they said that in the clubs opinion it would be unlawful to deduct points retrospectively ,i believe the club would have sought advice before putting that in a statement.

14 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

I dont think the EFL have actually done anything wrong with regards the interchangeable fixtures. These would have been decided a while ago, before the IDC decision was announced so this is actually forward thinking from the EFL for once, even if its never been done before. There were 4 scenarios from the IDC result -

1. Both us & the EFL are happy = no appeal

2. EFL happy, we're not = we appeal

3. We're happy, EFL arent = EFL appeal

4. Neither are happy = both appeal

So the interchangeable fixtures were created due to a 75% chance an appeal could be made and the divisional swap may or may not happen. If they hadnt done this then lets say 2 days before the season started it turned out we changed division, imagine the nightmare of having to sort the fixtures out. It could have been we were relegated to League 1 by the IDC, appealed and reinstated to the Championship, either way this needed to be done. I think the timing of the IDC result made it look worse but I reckon if we hadnt got the result when we did the interchangeable fixtures would still have been announced but with a comment saying we are just waiting on the IDC decision.

It's not the doing it that is the issue, it's actually perfectly sensible. The issue was they way they put it in the statement on DCFC sanctions and then released both sets. The sensible and neautal approach would have been to add "the EFL note the disciplinry process against Derby County has not been concluded and a contingency situation has been prepared for if needed" has a far more professional tone than "we've got the fixtures all ready for when we get you!!!"

In all of the ramblings about these cases and the appeals, I haven't seen anyone suggest that Derby take this to the Court of Arbitration in Sport (CAS). Is there something in the agreement that the club have to participate in the EFL that precludes them doing this? Anyone know?

To use a term fairly common in my organisation, the EFL and Wycombe need to lawyer up, as I anticipate  the EFL will get an injunction stopping them relegating us should they press the nuclear option and Wycombe need to stop slandering the club in the press and the media, I would go for Wycombe first and issue a cease and desist notification prior to action.

Nick De Marco must be rubbing his hands at all the work he is going to get.

17 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

To use a term fairly common in my organisation, the EFL and Wycombe need to lawyer up, as I anticipate  the EFL will get an injunction stopping them relegating us should they press the nuclear option and Wycombe need to stop slandering the club in the press and the media, I would go for Wycombe first and issue a cease and desist notification prior to action.

Nick De Marco must be rubbing his hands at all the work he is going to get.

looking at the damage that legal proceedings (EFl, Keogh) has caused us, it would seem more sensible to lawyer down 

we’re beginning to look like the guy who’s drunk in the corner of the pub at closing time and is just determined to fight someone. 

The majority of fans on here want a takeover to happen soon. That is what we need. Lawyering up is not going to help with that. 

55 minutes ago, Yani P said:

I would be surprised and disappointed if Derby are not at least looking into potential litigation against the EFL, the Chairmen driving this witch hunt and certainly the owner of Wycombe for his cheating comments.. 

Cant see how the club as a going concern can do anything other than meet these issues head on. WW chairman should know better given his career

As for the EFL imposing these ongoing transfer embargo’s upon us…

Is nothing short of a vendetta that has placed irreparable restrictions on our club and the ability/opportunity to compete in the transfer market with all other clubs in the division and therefore the ethics of FFP becomes even more of a joke than it was before with relegated clubs and their parachute payments. 

7 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

looking at the damage that legal proceedings (EFl, Keogh) has caused us, it would seem more sensible to lawyer down 

we’re beginning to look like the guy who’s drunk in the corner of the pub at closing time and is just determined to fight someone. 

The majority of fans on here want a takeover to happen soon. That is what we need. Lawyering up is not going to help with that. 

It is inevitable this will be settled in the courts, the EFL are being driven on by a few idiotic chairmen and Mel is not noted for backing down.

There will be no takeover as the EFL have driven the price of the club down to less than zero, Mel should hang on and tough it out if his health permits it.

Edited by Charlotte Ram
poor grammar

What is also mad with the efl is Mel Morris has stated this is all to do with then trying to get one over him. It’s definitely an ego thing but by doing this process now just stops Derby from getting taken over. Mel wants to go so by having a cease fire and leave it as it is then the takeover hopefully becomes clearer and smoother. This way the efl don’t have to deal with Mel. My only guess is they are worried about other clubs like Middlesbrough and Wycombe Suing them if they did 

8 minutes ago, Charlotte Ram said:

It is inevitable this will be settled in the courts, the EFL are being driven on by a few idiotic chairmen and Mel is not noted for backing down.

There will be no takeover as the EFL have driven the price of the club down to less than zero, Mel should hang on and tough it out if his health permits it.

If you’re predicting that we will end up in court with Wycombe and the EFl, then I sincerely hope you’re wrong. It would be madness. And I would be amazed if we had any success against either  

Mel still suffers from the delusion that if you believe you are in the right, then you will win in court. He should have learned his lesson by now 

your point about the impact of the proceedings on the price of the club is spot on. I fear some of the chairmen have intentionally cajoled the EFl into a course of action that will hit Mel hard in the wallet 

14 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If you’re predicting that we will end up in court with Wycombe and the EFl, then I sincerely hope you’re wrong. It would be madness. And I would be amazed if we had any success against either  

Mel still suffers from the delusion that if you believe you are in the right, then you will win in court. He should have learned his lesson by now 

your point about the impact of the proceedings on the price of the club is spot on. I fear some of the chairmen have intentionally cajoled the EFl into a course of action that will hit Mel hard in the wallet 

The EFL are tasked to be a fair and neutral regulator, not a body that carries out the wishes of one (or two) members against another member. Wycombe have breached EFL rules today by slandering this football club, and the EFL should censure them.

I agree with Charlotte Ram, the EFL are attempting to retrospectively apply a draconian punishment and it will be settled in court, unless they accept the decision of the independent regulator, and let us complete the takeover.

While we’re at it, why don’t we sue Aston Villa for heavily breaching FFP rules to give them a huge advantage in the play off final, thus denying us a place in the Premier League. Using the Wycombe Chairs calculator, let’s call it 200 million.

47 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

We are being threatened with retrospective relegation and being accused of systematic cheating. What do you expect us to do just take it? This time around I don’t think it’s us picking the fight. 

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

The EFL are tasked to be a fair and neutral regulator, not a body that carries out the wishes of one (or two) members against another member. Wycombe have breached EFL rules today by slandering this football club, and the EFL should censure them.

I agree with Charlotte Ram, the EFL are attempting to retrospectively apply a draconian punishment and it will be settled in court, unless they accept the decision of the independent regulator, and let us complete the takeover.

While we’re at it, why don’t we sue Aston Villa for heavily breaching FFP rules to give them a huge advantage in the play off final, thus denying us a place in the Premier League. Using the Wycombe Chairs calculator, let’s call it 200 million.

Most of the clubs are against us on this. 

I don’t think we’ll get a ‘retrospective’ penalty but it’s the Tribunal not the EFl that decides that. 

Why don’t we sue Villa ??!!  Where would we all be if club a could sue club b for breach of the rules ? Come on