The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

The deeper we go into the tournament the more erratic Pickford seems to be getting.

Also getting overrun in midfield, not sure Rice and Phillips will carry us all the way to the trophy.

Still all to play for though, both teams looking good in spells.  We need to be more aggressive and use the width and stop giving away freekicks and corners.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

The deeper we go into the tournament the more erratic Pickford seems to be getting.

Also getting overrun in midfield, not sure Rice and Phillips will carry us all the way to the trophy.

Still all to play for though, both teams looking good in spells.  We need to be more aggressive and use the width and stop giving away freekicks and corners.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!

Get Grealish and Henderson on.

No moans or complaints, more observations, I’m seeing Kane in positions I don’t want to see him in, Pickford needs a cup of tea and a fag, he’s a bag of nerves, needs to get a grip, a big save might do wonders for him and I’d like to see Phillips facing toward Schmeichel  as opposed to Pickford when he makes a pass.

Best of luck for the second half though. ?

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I thought that on first viewing too.

On the replay, it would've been harder for him not save it!

Doing exactly what his Dad told him, get as close to the ball as you can and make yourself big. 

I thought it was a bad miss by Sterling at first but fair play to Schmeicel, it doesn't look pretty and you end up blaming the striker but it was a class save.

2 minutes ago, maxjam said:

Doing exactly what his Dad told him, get as close to the ball as you can and make yourself big. 

I thought it was a bad miss by Sterling at first but fair play to Schmeicel, it doesn't look pretty and you end up blaming the striker but it was a class save.

Roos would have caught that 

Phillips looks so much better when he’s facing forward and playing further up the pitch - way too negative when he drops back.
Pickford is a decent shot stopper but he seems to make a habit of making the wrong decisions - huge contrast between the two keepers. Kasper is calm and consistently makes the right calls whereas Pickford constantly seems rattled and flaps at everything…..