The UEFA European Championship 2020 Thread

Day

20 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Why can't we celebrate? This notion that you can't be happy or celebrate until you've won silverware, is a nonsense. Lighten up and enjoy the ride.

I never said you couldn't celebrate. I'll celebrate with the best of them if we actually achieve something.

I enjoyed the Ukraine performance and the win over Germany as much as the next man, Croatia and Czechia wins were a bit boring and the Scotland game was awful. Overall I am happy with how it's going, but we haven't done anything yet.

Just don't really understand the desire to celebrate the absolute minimum we expected pre-tournament as if we'd won it. Would Real Madrid fans get all excited about qualifying for the Champions League?

But hey, different strokes and all that.

Win on Wednesday and I'll start getting excited, win again on Sunday and I'll be made up.

20 hours ago, maxjam said:

We've gotten to our second ever Euro semi-finals, surely thats a massive achievment in itself?  Even the Danes have been to more semi's than us, nevermind the fact that they've actually won the damn thing - they have far more pedigree in the competition than we do.

Its been a good run so far.  We started slowly but have grown into the competition with a couple of good wins in the knockout stages.  Denmark will be a tough match and tbh they could easily beat us if we don't hit top gear.  I'm looking forwards to the match and will have enjoyed the competition regardless of how it ends.  We're starting to see a real confidence and identity from the national team, one that previous, far more famous managers, haven't been able to foster. 

Win or lose the trajectory is definitely upwards ?

I don't consider it an achievement, no.

As previously posted, I'm happy with how it's going and enjoyed the Ukraine performance and Germany result. Group stage games were meh but we did what we needed to.

Hopefully we can win the next two.

1 minute ago, Beetroot said:

Cash out now, put the £41.06 on Denmark at 12/1. 

You're welcome.

I'll be expecting a case of Tuborg on me desk Monday morning as a thank you.

It's kommen høme.

Was a bet born from patriotism and ludicrous optimism, and that’s the way it’s going to stay.

28 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was a bet born from patriotism and ludicrous optimism, and that’s the way it’s going to stay.

Given the favourable factors and southgates own public statements which gave us a bit of insight into his planning, I don't think the optimism was ludicrous. 

The bet was effectively a double on semi and final - if you believed Gareth southgates aspiration. 

If England draw a tough group at wc 2022 and you're still all in  then THAT might be ludicrous optimism.....?