Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The reports say that they 'expect' Everton to interview Rooney. I still don't think he'll go. If they want a manager with an affiliation to the club then why the hell don't they just appoint Duncan Ferguson, until the end of the season at least. He's been the constant through all their managerial changes, I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting in the job himself. 

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

For me, if he leaves, hope leaves with him.

This is not a dig mate, but I think that mentality has been taken by everyone.

By that, I mean everyone has been so focused on surviving this season in the Championship, Q included, that the very real threat of liquidation hasn't been taken seriously enough.  Feels like the actions taken are to try and stay up, not to save the club.  I understand why we would have that attitude, but not Q, they needed to be more pragmatic about the situation and it's been a huge failing. 

8 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

The reports say that they 'expect' Everton to interview Rooney. I still don't think he'll go. If they want a manager with an affiliation to the club then why the hell don't they just appoint Duncan Ferguson, until the end of the season at least. He's been the constant through all their managerial changes, I'm sure he wouldn't mind getting in the job himself. 

He’s been part of a failed management team for years you mean!?

I have no idea why they wouldn’t want Duncan, it’s a scandal lol!

We should be happy for Rooney if he gets the opportunity. He's done a lot for the club in the bleakest days in our 138 year history, largely making it not so bleak for the fans on matchdays. 

Unfortunately, we can't kid ourselves that a takeover remedies our issues. We are going to be feeling the effects of this for a long time. Wayne Rooney gets the opportunity to really showcase what he can do if he goes to Everton and honestly I would be so happy for him, personally. 

I honestly will treat the players and coaches that have been at the club this season as lifelong Derby players. If they are to leave, honestly good for them as they've got to look after their self, their career, their development first and foremost. I just can't appreciate them enough for their fighting spirit and mentality this season. I hope all of them go on to better things and flourish. 

15 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Ferguson in charge until either we go under (get Rooney forFree) or are relegated and Rooney resigns (get him for free)

seriously they are waiting to see what happens 

Yeah my thoughts entirely.

If they did speak to Rooney I would like to think that he said I'd like to keep Derby up first, I'll join at the end of the season.

55 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Ferguson in charge until either we go under (get Rooney forFree) or are relegated and Rooney resigns (get him for free)

seriously they are waiting to see what happens 

Or win - win:

Or Fergusson does a good job?

If Fergusson does a bad job why risk another relatively inexperienced ex-player/manager

I don't think in our current state we could blame anyone for leaving. Perhaps a cynic as Wayne is certainly talented but the romanticism of Rooney/Everton would yet still end the same way as Frank/Chelsea ended. I can see why you wouldn't turn those jobs down in their positions but the achievement of both simply didn't/doesn't warrant the interest of either club concerned if you take away the personal connection. Everton have money and large ambitions, taking the manager of a championship team performing well (but 2nd bottom under extenuating circumstances) halfway through the season with nothing yet decided in final outcome...well, wouldn't happen if it was anyone else delivering it. But I guess football is sometimes heart over head, as we all know...