Is this our worst ever side ?

5 minutes ago, YouRams said:

When everything’s going our way you see effort, as soon as we concede the majority go hiding, conveniently finding spaces they can’t receive the ball, I’d say the only consistent players for effort are Byrne & Shinnie. 

CKR and Edmundson were playing through injury. Knight always gives 100%. Clarke even went up front to help last game. Jozwiak had one of his best games. 

53 minutes ago, old tray boy said:

No its not lack of skill it is lack of belief and passion and with little understanding of our club and its history not grasping what it means to pull on a Rams shirt .

As far as the players are concerned, Derby County are just their employers and the team they currently play for. I don't think you can expect them to consider it anything special to pull on a Rams shirt and think about our history. That is the harsh reality. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

As far as the players are concerned, Derby County are just their employers and the team they currently play for. I don't think you can expect them to consider it anything special to pull on a Rams shirt and think about our history. That is the harsh reality. 

True, with some rare exceptions - Bryson seems to love Derby etc.  A few special ones.

1 hour ago, old tray boy said:

Go back a long way but l cannot remember seeing so little passion, half the team look like they cannot wait to get back into the dressing room! 

The rot in our Club goes from top to bottom whoever eventually gets the unenviable task of sorting this shameful mess out has one hell of a task ahead.

I don’t think it is. Squad that went down in 84 as bad if not worse for me. Combination of injuries, putting a rookie Manager in charge at the worst possible time, off the field issues, transfer embargo, failed takeovers, unpaid wages, EFL appeal etc etc have led to a poor, unmotivated squad that has no direction or leadership with a Manager and coaching team unable to get more out of them.....

1 hour ago, old tray boy said:

No its not lack of skill it is lack of belief and passion and with little understanding of our club and its history not grasping what it means to pull on a Rams shirt .

Why do football fans always say this. The players don’t care who they play for. It is there job and they get paid. They are not Derby fans nor are they from the Derby area. It means nothing to them to wear a Derby shirt other than they get paid.

In summary they don’t care as long as they get paid. There will always be another club.

21 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The vast majority of these players won’t know anything about our history. Yes, we are one of the founding members of the football but most fans don’t know this. Our FA cup win came 75 years ago and our last league title win came over 40 years ago. None of these players were even born then. The majority of footballers now only see what has happened during the premier league era i.e. 1992 on wards. Anything pre this doesn’t exist to them.

07/08 was worse. They were way out of their depth and stopped trying.

This current team shouldn't be out of its depth, yet goes into games already beaten.

That's down to the worst manager I can remember us having and whoever it was that thought it was a good idea to employ him in such a role.

By the way, that's a lot of managers - I'm not 12. Although if I were, that would still be quite a few managers.

I’ve supported Derby properly since the 92/93 season. There have been bad sides in that time. In terms of ability the 03/04 and 05/06 sides were worst than this. But they had some proper pros and some inspired loan signings got us through. 

This one has too many youngsters and too many senior pros that won’t take responsibility. Maybe too cushy on big salaries.

The stats don’t lie outside of the top flight the last time we lost 6 in a row was 83/84 and we went down to the third division, last time we lost 7 in a row (which everyone is expecting us to) was 54/55 when we went down to the third division. We’ve been in the third division  5 seasons in our entire history!! 

This is definitely one of the worst sides in our history, it could well be the worst.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

When everything’s going our way you see effort, as soon as we concede the majority go hiding, conveniently finding spaces they can’t receive the ball, I’d say the only consistent players for effort are Byrne & Shinnie. 

Yet he's been ordinary recently and yesterday his first half was awful!

19 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

That's down to the worst manager I can remember us having and whoever it was that thought it was a good idea to employ him in such a role.

Except he wasn't the worst, as Cocu took us to the very bottom!

The rot starts and hopefully will end, at the very top. Everything the manager is allowed to do comes from the top. We will get no change until Morris is gone. Name a worse owner?

Edited by RoyMac5

More than anything they lack physicality. In today’s championship apart from the relegated teams who retain some premiership quality and possibly Brentford there are 20 clubs who compete based on size strength  pace fitness work rate. We as supporters need to come to terms with this as we fall between the two approaches. We have neither the quality nor the physicality. Hence......

I think the 02-03 side under Gregory felt worse. I remember watching Grimsby’s John Oster being made to look like prime Frank Lampard. I also remember watching Tommy Mooney lead the line for us.

The 05-06 side under Phil Brown was also a very bleak time. Who remembers getting hit for six at Coventry and seeing our own fans fighting each other in the stands?

This time around I think what we are seeing is the result of a catalogue of bad decisions rather than a reflection of the quality of the squad.

Edited by Jourdan

23 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The 3 Amigos

Nah. We had Burley then. Who let the club go into receivership?

Wiki: "The club was put into receivership then sold in October 2003 for £3 to a group led by Jeremy Keith. After finishing 20th in the 2003–04 season, a dramatic improvement in the 2004–05 season saw Derby finish fourth in the Championship, qualifying for a promotion play-off spot, though they lost in the semi-finals to Preston North End. Soon afterwards, Burley resigned citing differences between himself and the board. He was replaced by Bolton Wanderers first team coach Phil Brown. In January 2006, Brown was sacked after a poor run of results. Terry Westley, the academy coach at the time, took over first-team duties until the end of the season and saved Derby from relegation."

Plus:

Wiki: "The following season local-businessman Mel Morris assume ownership of the club. Morris initially oversaw a level of spending unprecedented in Derby's history, breaking the club's transfer record four times in his first three years, but also oversaw an equally unprecedented managerial turnover as he went through nine managers in five-and-a-half years between June 2015 and January 2021."