Is this our worst ever side ?

16 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Think you'll find Rooney has a worse record than Cocu actually

So your saying Mel is only allowing Rooney to play dire hoofball tactics?

Cocu took us to the bottom of the league yes, but after Saturday we will probably still be there when Rooney's had 3/4 of a season to change it!

I would love to see hoofball, we don’t play that now. I wish we did a bit. 

Lack of leaders on the pitch. Normally in any group you tend to get a few who are vocal, people who lead and encourage, doesn't matter who the captain is, there's normally two or three who lead from the front.

Without Bielik and Curtis Davies we appear to lack that natural leadership. While players like Shinnie, Knight, Clarke, Byrne even, give everything physically, they are not vocal leaders, the type of characters you want to be constantly giving orders, possibly CKR is in that category but ideally you need two or three further back giving it some vocals, whether encouragement or orders, we seem very quiet.

The players are possibly not the worst technically, certainly no worse than many we've seen over the years but seem rudderless and incapable of making decisions themselves.

I mentioned it after the match yesterday, but the 5 minute period where Swansea won the game started with Joz passing a 5 yard ball 2 yards behind the player it was intended for straight into touch.

At that point, the natural leaders are required to bolster the team, keep the spirits up, arm round Joz, all that kind of stuff.

I get the impression they are all expecting someone else to do it. 

Jake Buxton and Richard Keogh would have the same bunch of players safe in mid table. We've probably missed Curtis Davies as much as Bielik for his leadership.

14 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Name a poorer Derby team. 11 point season or season after is maybe?

Some of these players had been good/superb but were way past their best, some would become good players, but not yet, and some, of course, never were nor ever would be any good. Only a very few of these were playing at the required standard.

As a whole I suggest this must rate as one of our worst squads ever.

Derby County 1982/83

Steve Cherry            Goalkeeper                 
    Vjekoslav Banovic     Goalkeeper

John Barton              Defender                
    Paul Blades               Defender                 
     Ian Dalziel                Defender                    
    Steve Buckley          Defender             
    Kenny Burns            Defender
    George Foster         Defender
    Paul Futcher            Defender        
    John McAlle            Defender
    Roy McFarland        Defender

Steve Powell            Midfielder/Defender                 
    Paul Emson              Winger                         
    Frank Gamble          Winger                 
    Archie Gemmill         Midfielder                         
    Brian Attley               Midfielder                
    Paul Hooks                Midfielder                     
    Gary Mills                  Midfielder                 
    Mike Brolly                Winger                    
    Tony Reid                  Midfielder
     Glenn Skivington     Midfielder
     Andy Thomas          Midfielder/Forward

Kevin Wilson             Forward                 
    Bobby Davison          Forward    
    Dave Swindlehurst    Forward    
    Andy Hill                    Forward                                     

John Richards           Forward

One of the worst yes, but some on here will remember when the club took any old has been going Kenny Burns John Richards Mick Coop Dave Watson. A time when Derby was the go to place for your last pay day.  

And it looks like we may be going back to the 3rd tier, dont think we'll just walk out of it unless huge change at the club

And to think I used to laugh on here at bryso , Keogh , bucko  getting some stick here on a regular basis , they guys might just be appreciated now and I know for sure I’d rather have them in the trenches than not on Saturday , I really hope you guys stay up , loved watching that Derby county team and some of the best football I’ve seen 

2 hours ago, popside ossie end popside said:

One of the worst yes, but some on here will remember when the club took any old has been going Kenny Burns John Richards Mick Coop Dave Watson. A time when Derby was the go to place for your last pay day. 

If the internet had been around when we signed fatty Burns.............can you imagine the meltdown? I'd have been banned for personal abuse!

On 03/05/2021 at 00:56, Grimbeard said:

Derby County 1982/83

Steve Powell            Midfielder/Defender                 
    Paul Emson              Winger                         
    Frank Gamble          Winger                 
    Archie Gemmill         Midfielder                         
    Brian Attley               Midfielder                
    Paul Hooks                Midfielder                     
    Gary Mills                  Midfielder                 
    Mike Brolly                Winger                    
    Tony Reid                  Midfielder
     Glenn Skivington     Midfielder
     Andy Thomas          Midfielder/Forward

That midfield! That was a fairy terrible couple of seasons leading up to relegation, maybe that parallel to now will encourage those who fear relegation. The following few years were magic! The football was enjoyable and the followings were the best I've ever known....

7 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

That midfield! That was a fairy terrible couple of seasons leading up to relegation, maybe that parallel to now will encourage those who fear relegation. The following few years were magic! The football was enjoyable and the followings were the best I've ever known....

We got in a brilliant manager who knew what he was doing

27 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

35 minutes ago, ShoreRam said:

Mike Brolly lol  How did that team beat the European Champions? Still scratch my head today when you look at the two line ups

European Champions ha ha ha ha ha echoing round the old BBG

There are some bigger clubs down there this time though Sunderland Pompey Ipswich, don't think we'll swan straight back