Show of Support - meet near the statue Match Day at 1pm

sage

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, I am Ram said:

You don't have to abuse anybody in a protest, im a grown up ?. Im not going, but the time for happy clapping is long gone. 

It's not happy clapping. It's doing what you can to encourage players towards a positive result.

I'm not happy with many things about the club but am able to channel that in a way that won't have a potential negative effect on the result. I'm a grown up ?

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

How many scousers got arrested when they lined the streets to intimidate the opposition team bus in the champions league game?

It's different up there tho isn't it?

The police don't mind the scallys breaking bus windows if it stops them breaking into sheds, cars and houses.

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

About the same number as when Rangers fans were out in their thousands t'other week?

and 1000 Arsenal fans last night. 

Obviously protesting before the game had a positive effect on the team...oh wait...

1 hour ago, sage said:

I'm still going. There has been some twitter noise about a protest.

I'm going there to sing a few songs whilst staying socially distanced. If we are sensible there won't be a problem.

There is fencing from ticket collection point on the North Stand all around the statue and car park down to the South Stand, with stewards already on the car park entrance. 

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

There is fencing from ticket collection point on the North Stand all around the statue and car park down to the South Stand, with stewards already on the car park entrance. 

Yes I am aware. I intend to stay behind that fence, therefore not putting staff safety at risk.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I must confess, I mocked the idea initially but if it could be done safely with appropriate social distancing etc. where’s the harm. If it happens though I’m sure the police will move folk on.

I wish the police had time to "move on" all the folks loitering around Ripley Town centre every morning!

10 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes I am aware. I intend to stay behind that fence, therefore not putting staff safety at risk.

Fair enough, just drove past the ground and thought best to make you aware if you wasn't already. 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Fair enough, just drove past the ground and thought best to make you aware if you wasn't already. 

It will help distance people. One household/bubble per fence panel. 

25 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Perhaps those who think we should listen to the police advice and those who think we can just ignore it can meet up on some waste land somewhere and have a scrap to sort it out...wearing masks of course.......

The likelihood of catching covid outdoors is minimal (especially with some social distancing) - there's plenty of science showing that. Just don't lick the team bus windows!

Archived