Show of Support - meet near the statue Match Day at 1pm

sage

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't be turning up for a protest against Rooney or the ownership situation. This will only make the current situation more rotten. What we need to do is show support for the team and help them get over the line in the battle for survival. 

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I don’t mind turning up at 1 o’clock no problem but not for the clap. A Rooney and Mel out banner I can certainly be involved in at 1 

Turn up at 5 for that.

1pm is for supporting the players.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I won't be turning up for a protest against Rooney or the ownership situation. This will only make the current situation more rotten. What we need to do is show support for the team and help them get over the line in the battle for survival. 

Wrong thread? This is the one about turning up to show support.

9 minutes ago, sage said:

Yes. Looks like 20 or 30 so far, hopefully some people can cajole some mates or family to come

Thinking of making the trip from Grantham.

Probably breaking multiple Covid laws and Earth day was only this week too.

3 minutes ago, Norman said:

Thinking of making the trip from Grantham.

No rules broken. Bring a drink and a scarf. Plenty of space between the statue and the ticket office. Bribe the kids with a KFC or Burger King nearby (then take them to Greggs as it's cheaper) 

14 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I don’t mind turning up at 1 o’clock no problem but not for the clap. A Rooney and Mel out banner I can certainly be involved in at 1 

But this isn't about the past.  It's about the here, the now, and most definitely about the future!
Any clapping to be done won't be as a thank you for what has gone, but more as encouragement for what is about to happen.  Not a "well done, boys", but more "Come on lads, you can do this"!  A pre-match gee up.  A one for all, and all for one.  A "We are Derby, Super Derby, Super Rams".

They've been poo.  We know that.  They know that.  Pre-match is not the time to be "discussing it with them"!

Even the best supporters in the land can't stop their team from relegation... that's down to the players, and the players alone.  And remember, we want them to win it for us, not for themselves!  

Yes, that's selfish of us, but if a bit of encouragement means we retain our Championship status, then surely positivity has to prevail?
Protests, Booing, and negativity has no place BEFORE a game.  Never has.  Never will.

As has been said... If it all goes boobs up, turn up at 5pm, and Boo, rant, and rage your ar5e off... If that's your thing... but doing that as the players arrive before kick off will achieve nothing but damage to our club... my club... YOUR CLUB!

?

Love this. I’m in quarantine but will be there in spirit.

Regardless of our performances this season, I’d hope everyone wants the best for the club.

You have to ask: what’s going to help the club more? A ‘Mel and Rooney Out’ banner with three games to go? Or a show of support, giving the team their first bit of supporter interaction in 13 months?

I know which side I’m on.

5 hours ago, sage said:

This isn't an -aren't Mel and Wayne' wonderful show of support.

It's just trying to give some encouragement to our players as they arrive. Maybe it might make that 1% difference that can sway a game.

We've all felt a level of disconnect from the club and each other. For me, being with fellow fans in a safe way is reward enough.

Well done for trying to give the players and fans a boost.

COME ON YOU RAMS. 

Archived