Show of Support - meet near the statue Match Day at 1pm

sage

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Let’s hope Brum fans don’t turn up to celebrate survival. Some of them are pretty “Hard”

Carry On Mood GIF

46 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

FYI

I won’t be going then

The pandemic has caused so many problems like this .

We are not allowed to even show support for our team by clapping the players and giving encouragement I’m afraid. 

Good luck to everyone at DCFC today .

I might do a drive-by. 

Could be 1-ish... might be half twelve!

Probably toot as I pass.  Maybe even a thumbs up, seeing as I have adaptive cruise control.

Blimey, almost feels like a modern day riot!  Bring it on.

#thereinspirit ?

47 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

FYI

I'm still going. There has been some twitter noise about a protest.

I'm going there to sing a few songs whilst staying socially distanced. If we are sensible there won't be a problem.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm still going. There has been some twitter noise about a protest.

I'm going there to sing a few songs whilst staying socially distanced. If we are sensible there won't be a problem.

Police have stated fans should stay away, pretty clear that is the right thing to do....

1 minute ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Police have stated fans should stay away, pretty clear that is the right thing to do....

I'm not breaking a law or rules. If people start breaking the rules, I'll walk away.

It's not a police state.

2 minutes ago, sage said:

I'm not breaking a law or rules. If people start breaking the rules, I'll walk away.

It's not a police state.

Well, I for one will be totally piss*d off if we get a third wave of this ? and there are further lockdowns. That will infringe on my liberty. Fingers crossed we are nearly there.....

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Well, I for one will be totally piss*d off if we get a third wave of this ? and there are further lockdowns. That will infringe on my liberty. Fingers crossed we are nearly there.....

If we socially distance it's not an issue. There won't be a 1000 people there. I would imagine less than the average pub beer garden on the same day and time.

6 minutes ago, sage said:

If we socially distance it's not an issue. There won't be a 1000 people there. I would imagine less than the average pub beer garden on the same day and time.

..take a stroll down any high street, walk round any shop, go into any school, sit on any beach ...Its outside and its a few people socially distanced, gob-smacked the police haven't got better things to worry about. 

Just realised...

If a fair few turn up, I could claim to have been there, but was stood 1.9 miles away* (in my garden) from the Statue due to social distancing!

*That's the walk... only 0.92 miles as the crow flies**

**... And poo on the bamfords below, below... 

2 minutes ago, I am Ram said:

There's been protests for absolutely everything during this past year, if everybody else can, we can.

Just to make it clear. This isn't a protest. Being abusive towards players and staff before a game is cretinous.

4 minutes ago, sage said:

Just to make it clear. This isn't a protest. Being abusive towards players and staff before a game is cretinous.

You don't have to abuse anybody in a protest, im a grown up ?. Im not going, but the time for happy clapping is long gone. 

6 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

As long as there's social distancing, I don't see an issue here. Remember, this is a show of support outside the ground. There's a lot of people on Twitter thinking it's some sort of protest, it's not.

They are a completely separate entity and I imagine like most twitterati are all mouth and no trousers.

Archived