Festival and Gig Tickets

Bob Mash

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

"Various reports suggest the band are set to play 10 nights at Wembley Stadium and 10 at Manchester’s Heaton Park."

Not sure Heaton Park would cope with 10 nights. That said, the logistics for the Roses gig there worked really well, big car park on the other side of the M60 and loads of free shuttle busses to and from Heaton Park.

6 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Plenty of time for them to fall out again then 😅

Trying for tickets for the first night, you've got some 🏀 🏀 if you go for one of the later shows 😄 

Oasis mania starts today! 

I was lucky enough to see them at the height of their fame at Glastonbury 1995 and almost again at V Festival 2009 but that was the weekend they split up!

This was displayed on the big screen; took this photo at the time. 

Have seen both Noel and Liam since so just gonna keep the no doubt huge ticket cost in my pocket and stick with the memories! 

83A60CBB-7758-4F8E-9C20-FC424BB898FA.jpeg

2 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Ban resale. 
Stop touts from fleecing genuine fans. 

Resell only through the ticket site you purchased them for face value + booking fee. 

One of the reasons I rarely go to see live music. It's organised robbery.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

And the only people it impacts are genuine fans. Some artists are very good at safeguarding against it but more needs to be done. It’s not like the artists lose out by tackling it. They don’t receive a dime from the touts.

47 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Should've done a pre sale for the folk who attended the solo shows, that would've limited touts and what not.

Saturday morning is going to be a shitfest getting tickets 

Which solo shows? If you are referring to Liam's solo Definitely Maybe gigs, then not sure it's the best way to go about it. It they were barely attended gigs on a wet Thursday night in Stoke yes, but there was actually huge demand for those too.

Edited by ariotofmyown

1 hour ago, admira said:

Oasis mania starts today! 

I was lucky enough to see them at the height of their fame at Glastonbury 1995 and almost again at V Festival 2009 but that was the weekend they split up!

This was displayed on the big screen; took this photo at the time. 

Have seen both Noel and Liam since so just gonna keep the no doubt huge ticket cost in my pocket and stick with the memories! 

83A60CBB-7758-4F8E-9C20-FC424BB898FA.jpeg

exactly. seen them 7 times including when they supprted bmx bandits at the warehouse in derby.

let  the younger generation see them. 

27 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Which solo shows? If you are referring to Liam's solo Definitely Maybe gigs, then not sure it's the best way to go about it. It they were barely attended gigs on a wet Thursday night in Stoke yes, but there was actually huge demand for those too.

Mainly the High Flying Bird shows, barely anyone was arsed about seeing Noel - Often performed at these bog standard festivals along with The Kooks.

The diehards weren't anywhere to be seen, despite his recent work being pretty decent IMO.

2 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

To be fair - with the tickets "set to be priced over the £100 mark" - people are already being robbed. If you're a family of 4 and you factor in travel and hotels, you're looking at at least a grand, probably more?

Not even like Oasis ever did elaborate staging. Jesus, if Noel ever moved his feet that was classed as "special effects", so they hardly have the production costs of a Taylor Swift tour!

But more importantly - How many new up-and-coming bands could you go and see at a grass roots venue for that sort of money? 

The music industry is pretty screwed right now, with punters being normalised into thinking it's OK to splurge a huge sum on one or two mega gigs a year, while grass-roots venues struggle to stay open and new artists struggle to break even

Ask yourself why Oasis seem so important right now, when they are 90s indie band who split up 15 years ago. How many new British bands have come on the scene since 2009 who could play big shows like this and generate the same level of economic activity? I'm struggling to think of any, and that should be a worry for anyone who cares about live music