v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 16/04/2021 at 23:32, Jimbo Ram said:

Instead of pushing it in to the net why not push it passed the post. I do think it might be time to give Roos another chance...

D'ya know what? I bet that never occurred to him. Ever thought about becoming a coach?

Only change I'd make for Tuesday would be Kazim in for Sibley. Really liked the mobile front 4 on Saturday but the ball was coming back a little too often & Sibley was the weakest of the 4 in terms of impact on the game.

Preston will also look to press us so we need that out ball & Kazim holding the ball in the final 3rd will provide a platform for Lawrence, Jozwiak & Roberts to play off. 

Clearly we need to be much better at the back as Friday was extremely poor. There were massive gaps between Clarke & Wisdom and the marking at set pieces was atrocious. Re the former, I think Byrne possibly needs to be a little more disciplined in a back 4 & look to cross from deeper or Shinnie/Bird to cover his raids into the final 3rd.

Finally, I would encourage Lawrence, Jozwiak & Roberts to shoot on sight & cross as soon as possible. Far too many touches in the box on Friday & the reality is more than 2 often allows a defence to recover. Shots can bring deflections & ricochets into the path of waiting players...no need to be intricate all the time.

2 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Only change I'd make for Tuesday would be Kazim in for Sibley. Really liked the mobile front 4 on Saturday but the ball was coming back a little too often & Sibley was the weakest of the 4 in terms of impact on the game.

Preston will also look to press us so we need that out ball & Kazim holding the ball in the final 3rd will provide a platform for Lawrence, Jozwiak & Roberts to play off. 

Clearly we need to be much better at the back as Friday was extremely poor. There were massive gaps between Clarke & Wisdom and the marking at set pieces was atrocious. Re the former, I think Byrne possibly needs to be a little more disciplined in a back 4 & look to cross from deeper or Shinnie/Bird to cover his raids into the final 3rd.

Finally, I would encourage Lawrence, Jozwiak & Roberts to shoot on sight & cross as soon as possible. Far too many touches in the box on Friday & the reality is more than 2 often allows a defence to recover. Shots can bring deflections & ricochets into the path of waiting players...no need to be intricate all the time.

Agree, play the percentage game, the more shots at goal, the more chance of scoring. Preston have leaked 55 goals so far this season. Only teams thats done worse is Wycombe (66), Huddersfield (62) and Bristol, Coventry both 56 goals. Lets go for it get the win and take the pressure off for the last 3 matches.

This is the last game before I become a Dad. I told the wife I'm going to call our twins by the last two players to score before they're born.

I don't want Tom and Graeme, so I really hope we score a couple tonight. At least Kazim has been doing his part by refusing to score recently - no-one want to be called Colin after all.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

This is the last game before I become a Dad. I told the wife I'm going to call our twins by the last two players to score before they're born.

I don't want Tom and Graeme, so I really hope we score a couple tonight. At least Kazim has been doing his part by refusing to score recently - no-one want to be called Colin after all.

Good luck. At least you will have another excuse for sleepless nights on top of the Rams ?

17 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Nice one! Matt's a good name (short for Matilda if a girl is born! :D). #COYR

Archived