v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

31 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Fozzy was good tonight whereas Buchanan was a bit of a non entity i.m.o

Not really a slight on Foz. I think there is always a question mark with Foz with two games close together, Buchanan gives us more going forward. 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

33 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Were you also convinced we would win tonight ?

No not really as our record at Ewood is poor and Blackburn really are a team that should be pushing top 6 with their firepower. That being said we should’ve won and on another night we would’ve don’t but we wont go there as it doesn’t matter.

I think they play the same way v Preston and create as many chances we will win. 

2 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

No not really as our record at Ewood is poor and Blackburn really are a team that should be pushing top 6 with their firepower. That being said we should’ve won and on another night we would’ve don’t but we wont go there as it doesn’t matter.

I think they play the same way v Preston and create as many chances we will win. 

See you just went for the 2-1 Rams win tonight.....unlucky, should have won, crap referee, silly mistakes, loads of injuries......whatever the reason we are not winning, or drawing many football matches. It is a rut we can’t seem to get out of. Another defeat by the odd goal at Preston is what I expect unfortunately....

19 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not really a slight on Foz. I think there is always a question mark with Foz with two games close together, Buchanan gives us more going forward. 

Does he though? I think Buchanan's forward play is a little over rated. He’s not great on the ball. He has put some bangers in on occasions, but Forsyth is capable of that too every now and again. As you say fitness may dictate this choice. 

We need to win and nothing else will do. The same front 4 needs to be used but we need to get some damn balance to the team- cm need to help out the cb's and can't just rely upon crosses and the wings but also create through the middle allowing for us to be more solid as well as being more inventive. We really should win, Preston are desperately poor and basically safe so there is no reason why we cannot win.. 

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If we had invested in a bigger wage or loan fee for a better and more mobile striker instead of signing these three players with the few quid available, we may have got a few more goals and points.  Quantity over quality.

Yeah but we’re the rams he would have got injured 

1 hour ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Only change I would make is Buchanan for Fozzy. 

Dunno. LB had a run of good games in the new year but of late has looked less like a ram and more like a lost sheep. All seems to have got on top of him. And if Clarke is not on his usual top form, it seems to drag LB down further. And with Lawrence’s half hearted attempts at defending, we want the left back solid and not too advanced 

7 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

See you just went for the 2-1 Rams win tonight.....unlucky, should have won, crap referee, silly mistakes, loads of injuries......whatever the reason we are not winning, or drawing many football matches. It is a rut we can’t seem to get out of. Another defeat by the odd goal at Preston is what I expect unfortunately....

Got the first goal scorer though!! ?

I thought they would get the job done so predicted a win but most of my predictions are made as a fan not with trying to get points in the predictor

Of these two games if we were going to come unstuck in one it was going to be this one, I’d have been happy with a point and that would’ve been ok. 

I can see why you expect a narrow defeat and you probably won’t win again this season based on form. On that basis we are already down. I see it that we still have 4 games to save ourselves and the time for post mortems is after the Wednesday game.

If we are going to survive then it has to be taking the same approach we took last night and in the last 3 games. If we revert back to the passive cautious approach we saw before the international break we’re done.

We are almost done, i think it’s 50/50 we survive now, by this time next week it could be worst - but we are not done yet!

Edited by BramcoteRam84

7 hours ago, enachops said:

Does he though? I think Buchanan's forward play is a little over rated. He’s not great on the ball. He has put some bangers in on occasions, but Forsyth is capable of that too every now and again. As you say fitness may dictate this choice. 

You can definitely see both sides. He had to go to Fozzy given Buchanan’s form a few weeks ago and other than his rooster up that led to the Norwich goal he’s been solid. I think Buchanan is a huge talent and one of the most dynamic full backs in this league when on song but I also think Fozzy is much better than some believe and has been a great servant. 

Who would be a manager. 

6 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Dunno. LB had a run of good games in the new year but of late has looked less like a ram and more like a lost sheep. All seems to have got on top of him. And if Clarke is not on his usual top form, it seems to drag LB down further. And with Lawrence’s half hearted attempts at defending, we want the left back solid and not too advanced 

I think with Clarke back you can play him, without id definitely be starting Fozzy no question.

Not a lot in it, if being out of the team helps Buchanan rediscover his form then he could be a good option. But it’s can Fozzy play the games in quick succession?

15 hours ago, Rampant said:

What is our squad's injury status for this one?

Edmondson - definitely out?

Mengi - 50/50?

Waghorn - out?

Gregory - out?

Beningime - available?

Stretton - out?

Who else?

Mengi should be fit and maybe Beningme.

Waghorn could make the bench.

I hoped for a positive result at Blackburn but we have a poor record at Ewood Park (second tier) and then at sides managed by Tony Mowbray (1D 6L, now 7L, across a range of managers from Billy to Nigel Clough, Lampard & Cocu).

We have a better record at Preston/Deepdale for some reason so going with that. We won there after losing 5-2 to Forest though they were in a worse situation. It's a must-win game for both but especially for us after the last set of results. We need to put the pressure on our rivals who play a day later.

So, hoping for a response against a side we usually do well against & it's probably the most winnable of the two away games remaining.

Edited by Asanovic70

15 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If we had invested in a bigger wage or loan fee for a better and more mobile striker instead of signing these three players with the few quid available, we may have got a few more goals and points.  Quantity over quality.

Apparently Messi was keen but that would have meant none of the others, so... ?

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Clarke and Forsyth are the only two defenders we have who can head a ball - and there lies a big problem 

Yeah and Fozzy ain't very good. Actually, not true Buchanan is a very good header of the ball, lets hope he recovers some form.

Edited by RoyMac5

15 hours ago, Beetroot said:

Do we have the actual data to confirm how many times you've been correct in this particular prediction? I want to believe you but, you know, you seem to say this a lot and we're crap.

And does he think we are going to read such posts and it change our own view on things ??