v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

If we start with the same 11 I think we will win. Preston struggle to score goals and seem to have gone with 2 tall lads up front leaving pace in Maguire and Sinclair on the bench. Elliott & Armstrongs pace caused us trouble for Blackburn.

I do think we will make 1 change and that will be CKR for Sibley providing the other attacking players are fit.

We have a decent record away to Preston, think we have won away there a number of times whilst being in a poor run of form. Must win game and I think we will win it.

2 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

If we start with the same 11 I think we will win. Preston struggle to score goals and seem to have gone with 2 tall lads up front leaving pace in Maguire and Sinclair on the bench. Elliott & Armstrongs pace caused us trouble for Blackburn.

I do think we will make 1 change and that will be CKR for Sibley providing the other attacking players are fit.

We have a decent record away to Preston, think we have won away there a number of times whilst being in a poor run of form. Must win game and I think we will win it.

Hope you are right but another narrow defeat for me. I think we will have to win our remaining 2 home games to survive....

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah and Fozzy ain't very good. Actually, not true Buchanan is a very good header of the ball, lets hope he recovers some form.

Buchanan is a good header of the ball but he isn’t tall enough but he is growing?

17 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Not really a slight on Foz. I think there is always a question mark with Foz with two games close together, Buchanan gives us more going forward. 

When Buchanan came on he was hesitant going forward and the only time he went forward was when the ball was played through. His first thought seems to be don't give the ball away by trying anything attacking. Control the ball  and pass back or sideways. Not the sub you want coming on when you are chasing the game

They got their a**e handed to them by Brentford at home a couple of weeks ago, which suggests they can't deal with pace coming at them. A similar line up to the last game (with Kaz as a focal point up front) may see some success here. I'd drop Wisdom... if we're not going to offer him anything and there's more chance of Mengi being here next season, I don't see the point in playing him. Bird's no Bielik (understatement of the century!) but I think he's the best all-round player we've got that could play the holding midfield role on his own at the minute. I'd go with this:

Marshall
     Byrne  Mengi  Clarke  Forsyth
                         Bird
Roberts  Sibley  Lawrence  Jozwiak
                       Kazim

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Buchanan, Ebosele, Shinnie, Knight, Watson, Wilson, Cresswell

COYR ?

2 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

They got their a**e handed to them by Brentford at home a couple of weeks ago, which suggests they can't deal with pace coming at them. A similar line up to the last game (with Kaz as a focal point up front) may see some success here. I'd drop Wisdom... if we're not going to offer him anything and there's more chance of Mengi being here next season, I don't see the point in playing him. Bird's no Bielik (understatement of the century!) but I think he's the best all-round player we've got that could play the holding midfield role on his own at the minute. I'd go with this:

Marshall
     Byrne  Mengi  Clarke  Forsyth
                         Bird
Roberts  Sibley  Lawrence  Jozwiak
                       Kazim

Subs: Roos, Wisdom, Buchanan, Ebosele, Shinnie, Knight, Watson, Wilson, Cresswell

COYR ?

Big ask of Bird, think Shinnie needs to play.....

15 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Play offensively like we did at Blackburn for the rest of the season and we'll accumulate enough points to stay up. Defend like we did at Blackburn and we'll be relegated. 

but that is why we are in the poo.  I agree that we should be on the offensive but that exposes the defence particularly with no Bielic.  I would rather fall out this league with all guns blazing having been out scored rather than stifle games but still get beat 1- 0

23 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

image.thumb.jpeg.a7c49d7b2190532cc7531bf5f21c17bd.jpeg