v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

I really hope its Knight off the left in a 4-4-2 and not him as a 10 off CKR. If the latter, it is tried tested and doesn't work. We have to continue to play 2 up front as we have looked so much more of a threat.

Hopefully we line up:

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Roberts Bird Shinnie Knight

CKR Lawrence

I assume this is a joke post?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

Knight out wide...again....how many more times does Wazza play him there where he is totally ineffective ?

He is better deeper in a 2, however I would much rather see him wide before seeing him play as a 10 off CKR, which looked totally ineffective basically thew whole season. Lawrence needs to play through the middle tonight to give us some mobility as we are far too predictable with CKR on his own upfront.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Hopefully we line up:

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Roberts Bird Shinnie Knight

CKR Lawrence

I'd prefer...

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Bird Shinnie 

Roberts Knight. Lawrence 

CKR

Well, in truth, I would prefer a more positive lineup... Jozwiak and Sibley.

Rather have Sibley in there tbh, at least he is positive, presume Joz is injured not dropped. Actually feel disappointed with the team, was hoping more like fridays starting line up. Anyway come on you rams, we need this tonight ?

3 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I'd prefer...

Marshall

Byrne Wisdom Clarke Forsyth

Bird Shinnie 

Roberts Knight. Lawrence 

CKR

Well, in truth, I would prefer a more positive lineup... Jozwiak and Sibley.

You've got it right

I suspect having his ankled stamped on the against Blackburn has caught up with him.

So having looked threatening from the off for the first time in months it seems we’ve had our treat so a return to what doesn’t work is well overdue. ?

4 minutes ago, Jase116 said:

Rather have Sibley in there tbh, at least he is positive, presume Joz is injured not dropped. Actually feel disappointed with the team, was hoping more like fridays starting line up. Anyway come on you rams, we need this tonight ?

No doubt. Knight is not a 10...that is proven after this season. If we are going to play this system, it has to be Sibley.

Another injury. What kind of mad assault course are they getting them doing in training? ?

I hope that’s a 4-3-3. I quite like that team selection and I’m hopeful the balance of Shinnie, Bird and Knight will work nicely.

Must win game. Come on Derby!

16 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Knight out wide...again....how many more times does Wazza play him there where he is totally ineffective ?

Well we don’t know that yet and whilst not perfect it might work for us today so let’s be positive 

2 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

No doubt. Knight is not a 10...that is proven after this season. If we are going to play this system, it has to be Sibley.

Agreed although if he doesn’t want to play Sibley, then Lawrence or Roberts in there with alternatives on the wings. 

Knight is a box to box midfielder and not a number 10 or wide player.

Archived