v Preston North End (A) - Matchday Thread

Sean

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A big blow to the team considering the injury status of the rest of the defence. Rosneior will have to dust his boots off soon.

Injury List:
Waghorn - Returning from injury
Kazim - Playing through injury
Clarke - Playing through injury
Wisdom - Playing likes he's injured
Baningime - Out for a couple of games (?)
Edmundson - Back for the final couple of games if we're lucky
Ibe - Doubt he'll play for the first team this season
Mengi - Out for rest of season
Gregory - Out for rest of season
Stretton - Out for rest of season
Davies - Out for rest of season
Bielik - Out for rest of season (and a good chunk of next season)

Amazing how the injury list grows when you’re not winning. One wonders whether it’s psychosomatic that when things are tough, you’re more likely to take risks or be tense and strain a muscle.

Glad Waghorn is back in the squad. He might just be risked alongside Lawrence in an otherwise unchanged team.

I’d rather he took the free kicks than Lawrence and his corners are okay.

2 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Amazing how the injury list grows when you’re not winning. One wonders whether it’s psychosomatic that when things are tough, you’re more likely to take risks or be tense and strain a muscle.

Glad Waghorn is back in the squad. He might just be risked alongside Lawrence in an otherwise unchanged team.

I’d rather he took the free kicks than Lawrence and his corners are okay.

I don't no if it is  all " psychosomatic " but it could all be in the heads ?

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

A big blow to the team considering the injury status of the rest of the defence. Rosneior will have to dust his boots off soon.

Injury List:
Waghorn - Returning from injury
Kazim - Playing through injury
Clarke - Playing through injury
Wisdom - Playing likes he's injured
Baningime - Out for a couple of games (?)
Edmundson - Back for the final couple of games if we're lucky
Ibe - Doubt he'll play for the first team this season
Mengi - Out for rest of season
Gregory - Out for rest of season
Stretton - Out for rest of season
Davies - Out for rest of season
Bielik - Out for rest of season (and a good chunk of next season)

At this rate Rooney will be playing upfront.

Actually nah we're not that desperate. 

14 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We seem to have had a lot of hamstring injuries just recently. Isn't that an indication of poor conditioning? 

If you take a look at football in general this season there are a awful lot of hamstring injuries. 

Edited by Rambalin

58 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

I need to revise for my English language A level exam which is tomorrow, so I’m avoiding the stress of watching this one. Of course when I check the full time score the pain will ensue if we have lost.

I thought Boris had cancelled A-levels this year?

15 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

We seem to have had a lot of hamstring injuries just recently. Isn't that an indication of poor conditioning? 

I do a fair bit of training.  Hammy's are most at risk if subjected to extreme pressure when in poor condition or if they have not had chance to recover from tough training.  In terms of Derby, I don't think the preseason training has been intense enough for 2 seasons now.  With the compressed season it does create big problems to put the training in and have fresh legs on match day particular on the Saturday , Tuesday format.  Do I remember correctly that Shinner took over the fitness job during the season?

9 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I do a fair bit of training.  Hammy's are most at risk if subjected to extreme pressure when in poor condition or if they have not had chance to recover from tough training.  In terms of Derby, I don't think the preseason training has been intense enough for 2 seasons now.  With the compressed season it does create big problems to put the training in and have fresh legs on match day particular on the Saturday , Tuesday format.  Do I remember correctly that Shinner took over the fitness job during the season?

Of course two of them Mengi and Gregory weren't in our preseason. Waghorn is fit again.