Do Derby deserve to stay up?

David Baker

18 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

We have been cr@p, no question about it but unlucky as well. If Bielik hadnt been injured again we would be mid table comfortably. The dodgy sheik with his fake cheque has been a distraction the club did not need as it affected salaries and no doubt the players. We'll get enough points, just about, so deserve to stay up.

BUT next season may not be a barrel of fun either. Talking of which what about ST, anyone heard anything ?

Whose ST

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

We have been cr@p, no question about it but unlucky as well. If Bielik hadnt been injured again we would be mid table comfortably. The dodgy sheik with his fake cheque has been a distraction the club did not need as it affected salaries and no doubt the players. We'll get enough points, just about, so deserve to stay up.

BUT next season may not be a barrel of fun either. Talking of which what about ST, anyone heard anything ?

I don't think Bielik would have made such a big difference, a bit of a difference for sure but our squad overall has been too thin this season. 

1 minute ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

I don't think Bielik would have made such a big difference, a bit of a difference for sure but our squad overall has been too thin this season. 

He would have made a HUGE difference, such a quality player in a key position.

You have to feel some sympathy for Sheff wed.

if it wasn’t for the points deduction they would be out of the bottom three now. Tremendous effort today.

Last game of the season could be interesting 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

He would have made a HUGE difference, such a quality player in a key position.

This one I do agree with you on Roy. Bielik was very accomplished as a single cdm - we were able to put 2 more forward thinking midfielders ahead of him AND he protected the back 4 far better than knight/Shinnie or bird/Shinnie or any of the other double pivot combos. 

45 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Absolute rubbish. We deserve to go down regardless of where we finish, as the poster who started the thread rightly pointed out that the DCFC commentary is biased in favour of "the Rams". That Barker lad is the worst. He clearly wants Derby County FC to win.

Errr... That ‘Barker lad’ is being paid to commentate  for people who have paid £10 to watch their team on Rams TV. So give him a break. He’s actually always prepared to be critical of the rams, but you need to listen between the lines : he doesn’t do it in a strident way because, well, he’s being paid to commentate  for people ... etc.   Imho he’s very perceptive 

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

This one I do agree with you on Roy. Bielik was very accomplished as a single cdm - we were able to put 2 more forward thinking midfielders ahead of him AND he protected the back 4 far better than knight/Shinnie or bird/Shinnie or any of the other double pivot combos. 

40/1 for a top 6 finish when Rooney took over and when Bielik was fit looked pretty good odds 

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Errr... That ‘Barker lad’ is being paid to commentate  for people who have paid £10 to watch their team on Rams TV. So give him a break. He’s actually always prepared to be critical of the rams, but you need to listen between the lines : he doesn’t do it in a strident way because, well, he’s being paid to commentate  for people ... etc.   Imho he’s very perceptive 

He’s perceptive but he talks far too much. I have to mute the bugger.

11 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You have to feel some sympathy for Sheff wed.

if it wasn’t for the points deduction they would be out of the bottom three now. Tremendous effort today.

Last game of the season could be interesting 

Aye, I’m hoping Bannan ( our nemesis on many occasions) gives somebody a clout or summat and misses the game against us. He just seems to run riot and do what he likes against us.

19 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Really, he was the glue that held everything together.....

13 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Apologies, I thought it was clear I was taking the p.

This is an actual thread about us not deserving to stay up, because...erm...the club commentary is sometimes biased. Is this a new low?

I was forecasting us to get 9 points in the remainder of the season but that included 1 from today so I’m behind already 

I think we’ll stay up 

I expect ‘Rams tv’ to be biased towards DCFC - the clue is in the name 

1 hour ago, ariotofmyown said:

Absolute rubbish. We deserve to go down regardless of where we finish, as the poster who started the thread rightly pointed out that the DCFC commentary is biased in favour of "the Rams". That Barker lad is the worst. He clearly wants Derby County FC to win.

I’ll second that insightful summary. I mean what is the world coming to when the clubs OWN TV channel puts a positive spin on the teams efforts.  ? We really must write to OFCOM. Personally I blame Boris and Corbyn, the commies, BLM, the LGBTQ Cadre, the former British Empire and definitely Patrick Bamford. 

10 minutes ago, jono said:

I’ll second that insightful summary. I mean what is the world coming to when the clubs OWN TV channel puts a positive spin on the teams efforts.  ? We really must write to OFCOM. Personally I blame Boris and Corbyn, the commies, BLM, the LGBTQ Cadre, the former British Empire and definitely Patrick Bamford. 

I think you forgot Richard Keogh

Archived