Do Derby deserve to stay up?

David Baker

I am not sure that they do. There have been some good performances, from the team, from individuals, and from the manager, but, overall, I am not sure that they do.

I find the "Rams TV" commentary to be far too biased, towards Derby, with reasonable play being over-lauded, and there being insufficient excellence.

I do not wish to see "The Rams" relegated, but I feel that maybe too many other teams have a more deserving case, for staying up.

Thank you.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm echoing others' points here, but if we finish outside of the relegation zone, then we deserve to stay up. If we don't, then we deserve to go down.

Although if we finish one place above the relegation zone and Sheffield Wednesday go down, you could argue we won't have deserved survival. At the very least, it would mean we'd be very, very lucky.

17 minutes ago, David Baker said:

I am not sure that they do. There have been some good performances, from the team, from individuals, and from the manager, but, overall, I am not sure that they do.

I find the "Rams TV" commentary to be far too biased, towards Derby, with reasonable play being over-lauded, and there being insufficient excellence.

I do not wish to see "The Rams" relegated, but I feel that maybe too many other teams have a more deserving case, for staying up.

Thank you.

The teams that have the most "deserving case" are those that don't finish in the bottom three. Literally as simple as that (although Wednesday's points deduction does complicate things a little). 

7 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm echoing others' points here, but if we finish outside of the relegation zone, then we deserve to stay up. If we don't, then we deserve to go down.

Although if we finish one place above the relegation zone and Sheffield Wednesday go down, you could argue we won't have deserved survival. At the very least, it would mean we'd be very, very lucky.

Absolute rubbish. We deserve to go down regardless of where we finish, as the poster who started the thread rightly pointed out that the DCFC commentary is biased in favour of "the Rams". That Barker lad is the worst. He clearly wants Derby County FC to win.

42 minutes ago, David Baker said:

Thank you.

We will deserve to stay up if we finish fourth from bottom, if you disregard whether Wednesday were hard done by with their points deduction...

20 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Absolute rubbish. We deserve to go down regardless of where we finish, as the poster who started the thread rightly pointed out that the DCFC commentary is biased in favour of "the Rams". That Barker lad is the worst. He clearly wants Derby County FC to win.

Perhaps Mr Barker is a Rams fan and thats why he wants them to win. And regardless of DCFC commentary team being bias or not, why do we deserve to go down no matter where we finish. You don't state any reasons?

We have been cr@p, no question about it but unlucky as well. If Bielik hadnt been injured again we would be mid table comfortably. The dodgy sheik with his fake cheque has been a distraction the club did not need as it affected salaries and no doubt the players. We'll get enough points, just about, so deserve to stay up.

BUT next season may not be a barrel of fun either. Talking of which what about ST, anyone heard anything ?

8 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Perhaps Mr Barker is a Rams fan and thats why he wants them to win. And regardless of DCFC commentary team being bias or not, why do we deserve to go down no matter where we finish. You don't state any reasons?

I think you need to address these questions to Mr Baker himself, seen as my post was a deliberate exaggeration of his rather odd opening post.

He was the one saying we don't deserve to stay up, with the only reason given being the biased commentary of the clubs own tv station.

Why would anyone expect RamsTV to be anything other "as positive about our employer as we possibly can be" is beyond me.

I'd just always expect anything offical club media to be "as positive as we can spin it because everything is happy and wonderfull"

DO we deserve to stay up? well, i guess we'll play the games and find out at the end.

Has it been a :poo: season? Yup. Have we been an entertaining side to watch? Nope. DO we all hope for better in the future? I would hope so.

The only other argument is if we are within 6 points of Wednesday who go down and we don't, but then, we were able to justify and defend our actions and tribunal found us to have acted within the rules, wednesday, not so much....so do wednesday deserve their -6 points? Didn't they have -12 at first?

4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Why would anyone expect RamsTV to be anything other "as positive about our employer as we possibly can be" is beyond me.

I'd just always expect anything offical club media to be "as positive as we can spin it because everything is happy and wonderfull"

DO we deserve to stay up? well, i guess we'll play the games and find out at the end.

Has it been a :poo: season? Yup. Have we been an entertaining side to watch? Nope. DO we all hope for better in the future? I would hope so.

The only other argument is if we are within 6 points of Wednesday who go down and we don't, but then, we were able to justify and defend our actions and tribunal found us to have acted within the rules, wednesday, not so much....so do wednesday deserve their -6 points? Didn't they have -12 at first?

Wednesday deserve their punishment. If they finished above us and stayed up by a small margin, you could easily argue that their overspending on their squad has been the deciding factor in keeping them up. That's not fair on honest clubs like us that always followed the rules and spent within our means.

Archived