Do Derby deserve to stay up?

Unfortunately football’s not about who deserves what. We’d have gone up the year we lost to QPR otherwise. Think it’ll come down to a straight shootout between us and wednesday when we play them and I think we’ll just do it. COYR

2 hours ago, David Baker said:

I am not sure that they do. There have been some good performances, from the team, from individuals, and from the manager, but, overall, I am not sure that they do.

I find the "Rams TV" commentary to be far too biased, towards Derby, with reasonable play being over-lauded, and there being insufficient excellence.

I do not wish to see "The Rams" relegated, but I feel that maybe too many other teams have a more deserving case, for staying up.

Thank you.

The question should be, do we deserve to stay up more than 3 other teams. 

31 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

One player. It’s a team game. I don’t think we would be way higher with him and with him only. I don’t think we would be in a relegation fight but other deficiencies would remain. 

Was it a coincidence then how well we played when he was fit and the stats...

To be honest no , the massive balls up of no strikers is the elephant in the room . 

I mean how is a club like Derby short of quality strikers sheer Incompetence by either a certain manager or chairman . We are where we are because of lack of quality in final 3rd . 

10 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

One more thing we have to play sheff wed and Birmingham,  you honestly think this squad has the quality and determination to beat those teams when it comes to it , because I don't,  they will fight like dogs when those matches take place , we dont have what it takes in those matches this year I'm afraid . 

I'm just hoping we have nothing to play for by the final game against wednesday as I have little confidence that this group will cope under the pressure

I'm hoping we'll get enough from the Blackburn/Preston games to be very nearly safe. If Bielik had stayed fit we would already be safe in my opinion but no more than that. We have been very poor this season. But if we get enough points to stay up then of course we deserve to.

1 minute ago, Beetle said:

I'm hoping we'll get enough from the Blackburn/Preston games to be very nearly safe. If Bielik had stayed fit we would already be safe in my opinion but no more than that. We have been very poor this season. But if we get enough points to stay up then of course we deserve to.

I agree but let’s remember Sheffield Wednesday have a 6 point deduction in there 

No team with 13 goals from open play in 40 games, at this level, deserves anything. Fortunately, Bielik played enough games to see us through a purple patch that will hopefully keep us up. 

13 goals from open play in three thousand and six hundred PLUS minutes of football is absolutely embarrassing for a club that markets  themselves as a professional football club. I don't think it can be understated just how poor that stat is, possibly could leave us with the fewest amount of goals from open play from ANY season ever in the Championship - at least that I can see. 

Historically bad team for the second division, but we may stay up. 

If you put aside the obvious "if we finish 4th bottom then we deserve to stay up" then what? If the criteria wasn't points but perceptions, then what?

I think Wycombe deserve to stay up for their determination against all the odds.

I think Birmingham deserve to go down for being poor for years and particularly so this year.

I think Sheff Wed deserve to go down, 12 points for that accounting nightmare should have stuck.

I think Rotherham deserve to go down for appalling Covid management. (And they beat us twice so I have the hump about that)

I think we deserve to finish 4th bottom, by a point or goal difference. We deserve to sweat because we've been poor.

21 hours ago, David Baker said:

I am not sure that they do. There have been some good performances, from the team, from individuals, and from the manager, but, overall, I am not sure that they do.

I find the "Rams TV" commentary to be far too biased, towards Derby, with reasonable play being over-lauded, and there being insufficient excellence.

I do not wish to see "The Rams" relegated, but I feel that maybe too many other teams have a more deserving case, for staying up.

Thank you.

Which and why do other teams below Derby deserve to stay up? 

Definitely not. To be as poor as we’ve been and stay up would show how poor you have to be to go down. On paper the league is the weakest it’s been in years. It’s mind boggling how we’ve got 43 points at this stage.