Rooney Out!

Birdyabroad

If we go down, I would like us to go for Hasselbaink or Alex Neil. 

No way Rooney will stick around in L1.

He's in it for himself. I don't think he really is that bothered whether he takes us down or not. 

If we stay up and he has us top 6 by October, he'll only go to the first available Prem job. 

Ban these Hollywood managerial appointments. We've been there and done that now. 

26 minutes ago, Diego said:

If we go down, I would like us to go for Hasselbaink or Alex Neil. 

Ban these Hollywood managerial appointments. We've been there and done that now. 

We've done most types of managerial appointment, the only ones that succeed are the good ones, whether new/old/eclectic or whatever.

52 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We have a defence where there's only one player really good in the air - Clarke. The midfield (no Bielik) hardly head a ball, and up front is the same. And you expect us to deal 'well' with teams like Mowbray sends out? Never gonna happen with this squad. We should have scored more than them. ala Mac, we had the chances.

I expect us to defend set pieces without allowing the opposition to have free headers - that's a pretty basic requirement. We may not be able to match them physically, but we can put players under pressure and make things difficult. Our defence don't do that and we concede unnecessary goals because of it.....

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

We've done most types of managerial appointment, the only ones that succeed are the good ones, whether new/old/eclectic or whatever.

We have. But the criteria has to be someone with a fairly decent track record and knowhow. 

13 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

I expect us to defend set pieces without allowing the opposition to have free headers - that's a pretty basic requirement. We may not be able to match them physically, but we can put players under pressure and make things difficult. Our defence don't do that and we concede unnecessary goals because of it.....

One un-necessary goal? Our inability to score is really sucking us down.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Exactly, Wilder fits that bill perfectly for me.....

Wilder has got teams promoted from every division including the National League - 4 promotions in less than 10 years with 3 different clubs. He would be the perfect appointment for us but the new owner has already said he wants Rooney to be a manager because he is a ‘legend’, as if that means anything at all when it comes to managing a club. 

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Because they always get promoted and never get relegated? 

I don't really get your point. Not getting into RoyMac5 tennis on here, you just fill the air with words half the time. 

10 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

One un-necessary goal? Our inability to score is really sucking us down.

Sometimes teams score good goals against us - there's not a lot that can be done to stop those. But frequently teams score easy goals - particualrly from free kicks or corners. If you don't think that frailty can be addressed by decent coaching and organisation then there's little point in having any further discussion about it (something I tend to conclude after most interactions with you....)

Edited by Gaspode

18 minutes ago, Jayram said:

Wilder has got teams promoted from every division including the National League - 4 promotions in less than 10 years with 3 different clubs. He would be the perfect appointment for us but the new owner has already said he wants Rooney to be a manager because he is a ‘legend’, as if that means anything at all when it comes to managing a club. 

Totally agree, decent guy and attractive football too....