Will you ‘renew’ your season ticket for 21/22?

YoxallRam

Will you ‘renew’ your season ticket for 21/22?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

This is a great idea. I can only really get to 3-4 home games a season, but have found parking harder and harder each time I go. Would be great if a season ticket holder got a parking places based on how far away they live.

Perhaps the club could do bookable buses from the main motorway/traffic junctions for a reasonable fee, which would also reduce traffic near the ground. Takes me about 2 hours to get to Derby, but I need to be arriving way before to get a parking place in time.

A 2pm bus from the services of M1/A50 would be perfect!

It’s an interesting idea but, when it comes to parking, what difference does it make if you’ve driven 10 miles or 100 miles it’s still the same challenge when you get there.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It’s an interesting idea but, when it comes to parking, what difference does it make if you’ve driven 10 miles or 100 miles it’s still the same challenge when you get there.

I think (guessing!) that the point is, the further away you live, the more likely... generally speaking... that you are to self-drive, rather than rely on public transport?

I only live 1.9 miles from the stadium and either walk or (occasionally) cycle, but up until 3/4 years ago, I drove and parked up near the ground.  Partly to protect grandson from the elements, partly to save his little legs, and partly due to the fact I used to go and pick him up from Worksop(ish), and then drive straight to the match from there. 
I was lucky enough to have been advised by a then fellow forum member of a handy, free parking space.  Those spaces are still handy, and I believe still free, but last time I noticed, I think they have now become such common knowledge, a VERY early arrival would be strongly advised!
The downside of this was the time it took to get away afterwards... much quicker walking home!*

*For me, I mean... not everyone!  ?

Do you think we will get our refunds back before next season? All a bit messy isn’t it. 

I will go and hope that it isn’t such a miserable season as this one. Imagine how bad we would have been with the added ‘pressure’ lots on here think our fans add to the team.

Generally going out to large events though will feel weird. I think the cricket is a sensible option first for me.

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I guess it just makes things a bit easier for those who have travelled the furthest. As well as the longer journey, they also have to allow for other delays, as well as the parking nearer the ground. The person living much closer mostly just factors in the final bit.

And as @Mucker1884 said, living closer makes using public transport easier and affordable.

I wonder whether people will really want to travel on those packed buses and coaches. It could make the parking situation worse. 

17 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I can understand this. I guess you're over an hour each way depending on traffic, probably more most matches. its surprising once you break the habit how hard it can be to go back. I know many who used to travel the length and breadth of the country to watch the Rams who won't go now even if offered a free ticket and a lift!

What Derby, and many other clubs for that matter, are going to have to do, is market DCFC to the locals much more. We need to get as many Derby folk as possible interested in their local club. 

As soon as lockdown allows, the players and staff need to get out into schools, shopping centres, pubs, cafes, community groups etc and engage with people. Raise the profile of the club, put some real effort into it. Get Bielik and Jozwiak to stand next to every Polish food shelf in the supermarkets, Kaz outside the Turkish barbers, Big George and Shinniesta doing the door at Jorrocks telling everyone menacingly that Bonnie Prince Charlie had a wee dram here. Get the knife angel statue back and have Wiz standing next to it explaining to passers by that he pulled most of the blades out of his own body with no pain.

On a more serious note, fans who travel a fair distance like yourself should be offered a guaranteed parking spot reasonably close to the ground for a one off payment of say £20 when they buy a season ticket? I'm sure the club could negotiate summat with one of the businesses on Pride Park to provide this if not on the clubs official car park. 

Its not so much about offering fans discounts, that helps obviously, but doing everything they can to attract people into the ground.

One thing I'd do is have an area of unreserved seating for fans who might want to attend the occasional game, on sale as first come first served. Some fans would go to a match if they could sit with someone they know - especially if Shinnie and Georg were marching them down to PP from Jorrocks.

The travelling isn't a major issue. We're used to it and get a bus then train anyway so we can have a beer before and after the game. I guess I'm just bored of the routine. The crap football doesn't put me off either having seen some complete garbage over the years. Maybe I'll miss it after a while. 

I think to start off with some fans may use there car's but after a while they will revert back to how they did things in the pass as some sort of  'normality' returns then follow there old routine. 

After maybe third of the season everything will be nearly back to how it was barring a few thousand fan who will never return for one reason or another. 

On 18/03/2021 at 13:39, Bearwood Ram said:

Not renewing. Been a season ticket holder for about 20 years and regular before that for the previous 20 years. Been considering packing in for a while now but kept going out of blind faith and habit. Having got out of the routine I'm looking forward to the change. ?

I feel similar.  Like you @Bearwood Ram for several seasons I’ve wondered whether I would renew and I’ve often done so because it’s become more of a social event - the pint before the game, the craic with your mates.  That’s what I’ve missed more than the football.  I don’t know if that’s because it’s been available on the website but I guess I’ll find out come August.

The parking and time getting away is one if the reasons we wont renew with odd kickoff times. 3pm kickoff great and can have great trip up on train but anything not 3pm trains dont work out to the sticks here so have to drive 250 miles round trip. With Saturday light traffic Extra time allowed for traffic delays, to get somewhere to park and then getting away after means an 11am start and get home about 8.30 at the very earliest.  Midweek worse due to traffic hit on entire journey mainly a14/m1 - need to leave by 3.30 latest which means having to request sons miss last hour of school then get home gone midnight. Later usually as often roadworks and diversions somewhere. 
Too many matches were like this last season or worse due to roadworks around pride park. The old fireplace thing used to be best parking until shut. If We could cut out some of time need to allow around Derby would be doable. So its not because fans are fairweather that many will not review but at certain stages in kids schooling it just isnt doable thanks to Sky. My whole life will still revolve around the build up to the game and somehow will know what is happening and have butterflies for 90 minutes of the match. And we will come to most Saturday matches but doesnt make someone less of a fan if they will cant practically renew

On 18/03/2021 at 12:45, rammieib said:

In reality there are going to be an awful lot of people who are simply scared about being in a stadium sat next to people coughing, spitting (when they shout), and being in close proximity to so many others. We will see this across the country.

Prices won't drop to entice people back either - so I fully expect crowds to drop to 20k next season if there are no restrictions in place come August.

I certainly won't miss the bloke in front hurling abuse in an apoplectic rage at the team he claims to support. Interestingly there's now an exclusion zone around him as people avoid his shower of spit (and bile) 

Sith Happens
48 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

The parking and time getting away is one if the reasons we wont renew with odd kickoff times. 3pm kickoff great and can have great trip up on train but anything not 3pm trains dont work out to the sticks here so have to drive 250 miles round trip. With Saturday light traffic Extra time allowed for traffic delays, to get somewhere to park and then getting away after means an 11am start and get home about 8.30 at the very earliest.  Midweek worse due to traffic hit on entire journey mainly a14/m1 - need to leave by 3.30 latest which means having to request sons miss last hour of school then get home gone midnight. Later usually as often roadworks and diversions somewhere. 
Too many matches were like this last season or worse due to roadworks around pride park. The old fireplace thing used to be best parking until shut. If We could cut out some of time need to allow around Derby would be doable. So its not because fans are fairweather that many will not review but at certain stages in kids schooling it just isnt doable thanks to Sky. My whole life will still revolve around the build up to the game and somehow will know what is happening and have butterflies for 90 minutes of the match. And we will come to most Saturday matches but doesnt make someone less of a fan if they will cant practically renew

Getting away is one of the reasons my 83 yo Dad may not renew.

We arent ones for leaving early, but found most of the time since both the fireplace and toys r us stopped parking that traffic has been horrendous getting away most of the time.

It seems everyone is now parking in the same area, and with 2 of the main escape routes blocked off after the match it just makes it worse.

It is the main reason, in my opinion, the ground is half empty (or more) come the final whistle, as people leave early to avoid the traffic jams.

I feel the club should have tried to address this with local authorities, they have made a number of calls for supporters to stay until the final whistle but have done nothing to allievate the issues causing it in the first place.

1 hour ago, Sith Happens said:

We arent ones for leaving early, but found most of the time since both the fireplace and toys r us stopped parking that traffic has been horrendous getting away most of the time.

It seems everyone is now parking in the same area, and with 2 of the main escape routes blocked off after the match it just makes it worse.

It is the main reason, in my opinion, the ground is half empty (or more) come the final whistle, as people leave early to avoid the traffic jams.

I feel the club should have tried to address this with local authorities, they have made a number of calls for supporters to stay until the final whistle but have done nothing to allievate the issues causing it in the first place.

I came through Pride Park for the first time in a year this week.

The new bridge and the extra lanes out the back of the retail park hopefully a quicker getaway will be possible.

Just need to sort out the parking over the bridge, which shouldn't be impossible.

today I bumped into the bloke who sits two seats from me.

Had a chat. He tells me he’s never going back - primarily due to covid.

he also thought the club was going downhill and he was losing interest,

he just watches it in on tv now

P.s. he wasn’t a huge fan of Rooney.

wasn’t much I could say. Just had to agree, 

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Rev said:

I came through Pride Park for the first time in a year this week.

The new bridge and the extra lanes out the back of the retail park hopefully a quicker getaway will be possible.

Just need to sort out the parking over the bridge, which shouldn't be impossible.

Hopefully they will help but still on the wrong side if the bridge,  like you say we could do with some parking that side to balance the traffic. 

I'm sure it's not as simple as I think but I always wonder why the traffic lights as you get to near the intu aren't changed to allow more traffic through.

2 hours ago, Sith Happens said:

Yes I agree traffic after the games has become worse and it’s not been properly addressed. Maybe the bridge opening up could help?

This is also on 26/27,00 crowds.

Archived