Will you ‘renew’ your season ticket for 21/22?

YoxallRam

Will you ‘renew’ your season ticket for 21/22?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will definitely renew mine and Edward's season ticket; touch wood this will be the last chance for a while for us to share the games because Edward will be going off to University. My other son William will continue to come though.

Football is a huge part of our lives and for us it's about more than just the game. It's the whole experience; travelling to the game, pre-match, beer, meeting friends, sharing the joys and the lows and soaking up "the community". As Society has evolved into this electronic, social media-driven "life", the coming together of people with a shared passion is increasingly real and important. I think we have in Derby County a fantastic Football Club with a great history that we should openly celebrate and support. It reflects Derby, its unique and long-established football passion and its "family friendly" culture. It's bigger than football really and we should do everything we can to see the Club through this time. It really is in our DNA, {yeuthh!}. 

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

I will definitely renew mine and Edward's season ticket; touch wood this will be the last chance for a while for us to share the games because Edward will be going off to University. My other son William will continue to come though.

Football is a huge part of our lives and for us it's about more than just the game. It's the whole experience; travelling to the game, pre-match, beer, meeting friends, sharing the joys and the lows and soaking up "the community". As Society has evolved into this electronic, social media-driven "life", the coming together of people with a shared passion is increasingly real and important. I think we have in Derby County a fantastic Football Club with a great history that we should openly celebrate and support. It reflects Derby, its unique and long-established football passion and its "family friendly" culture. It's bigger than football really and we should do everything we can to see the Club through this time. It really is in our DNA, {yeuthh!}. 

I am actually “welling up”...

4 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Technically already renewed as this season’s is carrying over. 

Is it? Great news, I’d written of this seasons £...wahooo get in 

I've voted no, but that's only because I won't have to, as all my missed games this season (20/21) are automatically rolled over to next season (21/22).  It's now looking like none of this seasons games will be attended, so a full and complete freebie ST for me next season.  I'm of the understanding that rollover/credit is automatic, but if I'm mistaken, then yes I'll renew... it just won't cost me anything.

I even hinted on here last night that this may be "Perfect timing".  Miss all the dross this season, only for my freebie to allow me in to watch our promotion push next season!  Hey, you never know!  Ever the optimist!   :-)

Just a shame the RamsTV games (this season) haven't been more enthralling, but seeing as they've been free, I can hardly complain on that score!  (For reference, I haven't coughed up a tenner for any of the ones not gifted to me.  I almost certainly would have done, had the games been a little more entertaining, or the results a little more palatable!)

Having initially took the discount option plus freebie RamsTV, (for this 20/21 season) I'm happy to continue with credits, for as long as it takes.  At no point have I requested, or expected, a refund (Probably wise, in hindsight!)

Hopefully we can attend again by the start of next season, I'll have this season's ticket carried forward, I'd have had both first and second jab by then, and hopefully we will all be feeling a little safer by then.  Happy to wear a mask if that's the rules.  In fact, I may well wear one anyway, once I reach the ground.  I guess none of us know exactly how we'll feel in a few months time, but I'm at least keen to get back there again, covid willing.

Might need to re-train my bladder though... Half Time ablutions is not something I'm currently feeling comfortable with!    It'll either be far too crowded, or far too slow! Ha, Ha!  

I love football to bits, having played in local leagues and up to semi-pro level since the age of 16, and played at Pride Park in a charity match at the age of 65 years (!!), I've simply had enough of watching football on TV or the computer.

As someone else has mentioned, its not only the football match in itself, its the coming together of a "community of like minded people", irrespective of the clubs you support; an enjoyment which brings about a mental ability to absord the highs and lows of an afternoon of "battle" on the sporting field, and to return home in an ecstacy of a win, or despair at a loss, and to argue with friends and family for a week on a decision or result, until we do it all again the following week.

I will renew my season ticket with Derby County FC.

A quick recap, re season tickets from the end of last season (19/20)...

If you opted for the 20% discount for this season (Opt 2), but never got around to renewing for 20/21:
Yes, the discount will be carried over (to 21/22). Yes, your usual or assigned seat will be reserved and your consecutive season ticket loyalty will be valid, but only until the end of the 2021/22 Season Ticket ‘early bird’ renewal process (provisionally scheduled for May 2021).

If you opted for the 10% Discount for 2020/21 Season Ticket Renewal plus Free RamsTV Streaming (Opt 3), but never got around to renewing:
Yes, the discount will be carried over (to 21/22), but the Free RamsTV Streaming was for the concluding behind-closed-doors matches of the 2019/20 Season. Yes, your usual or assigned seat will be reserved and your consecutive season ticket loyalty will be valid, but only until the end of the 2021/22 Season Ticket ‘early bird’ renewal process (provisionally scheduled for May 2021). 

If you did get around to renewing, and therefore a current 20/21 Season Ticket Holder (and have not subsequently requested a refund):
For each home league match (in 20/21) you are prevented from attending directly because of a reduced stadium capacity or it is played behind-closed-doors you will receive a pro-rated credit equivalent to 1/23 of your season ticket purchase price which can be redeemed against the price of a 2021/22 Season Ticket or Home League Match Ticket(s), and you’ll also receive Free RamsTV streaming (during the 20/21 season) of each home league match and up to seven to be determined midweek away league matches.

All the above bold/italics quoted directly from the DCFC Website/FAQ's, dated September 2020...

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/09/Derby-county-answers-supporters-faqs-relating-to-the-202021-season

The above confirms I was wrong in my earlier post... I will have to renew, but use my credit to pay for it.  It won't roll over automatically, as I first thought.
I have therefore clicked on the wrong answer on the poll!  I can only apologise, for skewing the figures!  :-(

PS:
I presume there has been no news/official announcement on the above mentioned "Early Bird renewal period" for the upcoming 21/22 season, as yet?  Not heard anything myself.  

Does it depend a bit on takeover etc?

For me I don’t particularly want to be a creditor of an insolvent company. If I am confident that we won’t go bust (and my brother in law does too) then I will renew.

Are we going to get some marketing at us encouraging us to renew at some point then. Surprised it’s not happened yet.

I wonder how much revenue from renewals they are now not getting for next seasons tickets? Another massive cash flow hit, which won't come good until the renewal cash in march 2022 starts to come in. It must be approx £7 million, against pre covid turnover of £31 million. So another year of covid affected cash flow at least.

Ouch.?

As my renewal will basically be free for next season I'd be happy to pay for the march 2022 renewal earlier if it helps the club. 

13 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Does it depend a bit on takeover etc?

For me I don’t particularly want to be a creditor of an insolvent company. If I am confident that we won’t go bust (and my brother in law does too) then I will renew.

Are we going to get some marketing at us encouraging us to renew at some point then. Surprised it’s not happened yet.

Pay by credit card then, if they do go bust or fail to deliver "what is promised" you'll be covered under Section 75 (provided your credit card doesn't have a Credit balance on it when you buy).

No excuse then - renew.?

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

I've voted no, but that's only because I won't have to, as all my missed games this season (20/21) are automatically rolled over to next season (21/22).  It's now looking like none of this seasons games will be attended, so a full and complete freebie ST for me next season.  I'm of the understanding that rollover/credit is automatic, but if I'm mistaken, then yes I'll renew... it just won't cost me anything.

I even hinted on here last night that this may be "Perfect timing".  Miss all the dross this season, only for my freebie to allow me in to watch our promotion push next season!  Hey, you never know!  Ever the optimist!  ?

Just a shame the RamsTV games (this season) haven't been more enthralling, but seeing as they've been free, I can hardly complain on that score!  (For reference, I haven't coughed up a tenner for any of the ones not gifted to me.  I almost certainly would have done, had the games been a little more entertaining, or the results a little more palatable!)

Having initially took the discount option plus freebie RamsTV, (for this 20/21 season) I'm happy to continue with credits, for as long as it takes.  At no point have I requested, or expected, a refund (Probably wise, in hindsight!)

Hopefully we can attend again by the start of next season, I'll have this season's ticket carried forward, I'd have had both first and second jab by then, and hopefully we will all be feeling a little safer by then.  Happy to wear a mask if that's the rules.  In fact, I may well wear one anyway, once I reach the ground.  I guess none of us know exactly how we'll feel in a few months time, but I'm at least keen to get back there again, covid willing.

Might need to re-train my bladder though... Half Time ablutions is not something I'm currently feeling comfortable with!    It'll either be far too crowded, or far too slow! Ha, Ha!  

If the footy stays as bad I will be wearing a mask too

At times, I feel like saying "no", but I've stuck with them through the dark days of the old third division in the 80s. In addition to that my multiyear season ticket price is good value and if I was to start paying on a match by match basis, then it would be too easy to find an excuse for not paying £30+ for a ticket and another £30+ for fuel and drinks when the team is not performing.

Haven't voted.

Before covid struck we had already made the decision not to renew, every game is basically an away game for us and as we was due to get married May 1st this year we decided as I say not to renew for the 20/21 season but would be back for the 21/22 season.

With these restrictions in place our wedding has been pushed back to May 2022 now so we're in that year of saving money again for the wedding so won't be buying a season ticket for the 21/22 season, BUT I will be there opening game of the season if allowed, not a chance I'll be missing that, then we'll be picking the odd game to come down for.

I always feel these polls are used as a way to gauge frustration with the football and don't take into account other circumstances, so just wanted to put this out there.

I'm sure many families will have also been hit hard over the last year either losing their jobs or being on furlough, so I won't be alone that won't be purchasing purely for financial reasons, not football.

If it wasn't for the wedding, I would 100% be buying one for next season.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, would you not have already saved for the wedding by now, erm, we should have but alcohol, takeaways, ukuleles, you know all those essential covid purchases have flushed the last year down the toilet.

Personally was starting to get bored and was taking match day for granted before covid. Now I can’t wait to get back to the pub, back to only remembering half the game and back to the pub after the game.  I know 3 people who had decided to stop their season tickets before the pandemic who are now all planning to come back. I guess there will be people on both sides of that coin. 

2 hours ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

I wonder how much revenue from renewals they are now not getting for next seasons tickets? Another massive cash flow hit, which won't come good until the renewal cash in march 2022 starts to come in. It must be approx £7 million, against pre covid turnover of £31 million. So another year of covid affected cash flow at least.

Ouch.?

As my renewal will basically be free for next season I'd be happy to pay for the march 2022 renewal earlier if it helps the club. 

That's a good idea, a down-payment if you like. We usually buy away tickets for most games but that doesn't help our club, just the opposition! 

I might start buying refreshments at the ground, anything to help.

Also, I would pay a small amount for under 23 and 18 games, at least to cover costs.

Archived