Will you ‘renew’ your season ticket for 21/22?

YoxallRam

Will you ‘renew’ your season ticket for 21/22?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, OUTSIDER said:

do you think so, i think it will be packed and a big love in ... 

the noise as our lads come out of the tunnel to steve bloomer will be hair raising. i cant wait  

I would love to be wrong, don't get me wrong, but combined with the economic impact as well....

Anyway - I'll be there, well actually, scrap that - I'm on holiday for the first two weeks in August. ?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I would love to be wrong, don't get me wrong, but combined with the economic impact as well....

Anyway - I'll be there, well actually, scrap that - I'm on holiday for the first two weeks in August. ?

ah holidays, remind me of what they are like, another part of life ruined by the Rona

Not renewing. Been a season ticket holder for about 20 years and regular before that for the previous 20 years. Been considering packing in for a while now but kept going out of blind faith and habit. Having got out of the routine I'm looking forward to the change. ?

19 hours ago, David said:

Haven't voted.

Before covid struck we had already made the decision not to renew, every game is basically an away game for us and as we was due to get married May 1st this year we decided as I say not to renew for the 20/21 season but would be back for the 21/22 season.

With these restrictions in place our wedding has been pushed back to May 2022 now so we're in that year of saving money again for the wedding so won't be buying a season ticket for the 21/22 season, BUT I will be there opening game of the season if allowed, not a chance I'll be missing that, then we'll be picking the odd game to come down for.

I always feel these polls are used as a way to gauge frustration with the football and don't take into account other circumstances, so just wanted to put this out there.

I'm sure many families will have also been hit hard over the last year either losing their jobs or being on furlough, so I won't be alone that won't be purchasing purely for financial reasons, not football.

If it wasn't for the wedding, I would 100% be buying one for next season.

Oh, and if anyone is wondering, would you not have already saved for the wedding by now, erm, we should have but alcohol, takeaways, ukuleles, you know all those essential covid purchases have flushed the last year down the toilet.

@David, simple solution: just get married on the pitch at HT; Kill 2 birds wi' 1 stone yeuth! Get the crowd to sing a couple of hymns ("All things bright and beautiful, all crea-tures, great n small...except Flori$t dogs B@st#rd5..." etc) then after the game, a reception in the Fans' Park Marquee, @Boycie, as "Best Man" (obvs) and special guest appearance by Mac3, explaining a few brisk moves and positions to make some penetrative impact on the stoutest of defences during any "night game" that you may have on the "fixture list". Top Tip. Hey Presto! Everybody's happy! Sponsored by Ron Broooks Toyota etc. ?

20 minutes ago, Bearwood Ram said:

Not renewing. Been a season ticket holder for about 20 years and regular before that for the previous 20 years. Been considering packing in for a while now but kept going out of blind faith and habit. Having got out of the routine I'm looking forward to the change. ?

They do say you go blind if you keep up the "habit". ?

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

In reality there are going to be an awful lot of people who are simply scared about being in a stadium sat next to people coughing, spitting (when they shout), and being in close proximity to so many others. We will see this across the country.

Prices won't drop to entice people back either - so I fully expect crowds to drop to 20k next season if there are no restrictions in place come August.

This raises an interesting point as to whether major live events will simply go back to being a free for all. 

We're all more than ever before aware of the behaviours you mention above - and plenty, myself included, would certainly think twice about going back into a packed environment if it all began in the next few weeks, vaccine or no vaccine. The same way as I'm now aware of personal spaces and how close people get to each other.

By August mindsets might have changed but I don't imagine the club will be expecting 20000 STs like normal, and even if they did they would not be able to accommodate them if any kind of restrictions remained in place. 

And in answer to the OP, I will renew because my sons want me to, but I can't say I'm desperate to go back, especially if the football is going to be anything like it has been this season. 

4 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

It's the same for me. I just don't think there's much to like or admire about the club and our players currently. When I first got my season ticket 18 years ago the club was arguably in a bigger mess than it is now, but I felt so much more positive about that team. Maybe it's just that I've turned into a miserable git?

We will be renewing - the last year for me has reinforced the old song lyric 'you don't know what you've got till it's gone' so even though I live 80 miles away from PP I'm looking forward to being back there in August. Hopefully before then we'll get a summer of cricket with fans back in...can't wait    

I can't answer this on one level as I don't physically attend Matches.

I have, however, paid £5 monthly to receive commentary, match highlights and the option to watch live non EFL matches.

I can also watch the whole match (or self selected sections therefrom) on the following day.

I find this to be good value for a non ambulant Rams supporter.

The subscriptions were automatically suspended during the months when no EFL games were played.

I'll still be paying my monthly fiver next season BTW!

9 hours ago, Bearwood Ram said:

I can understand this. I guess you're over an hour each way depending on traffic, probably more most matches. its surprising once you break the habit how hard it can be to go back. I know many who used to travel the length and breadth of the country to watch the Rams who won't go now even if offered a free ticket and a lift!

What Derby, and many other clubs for that matter, are going to have to do, is market DCFC to the locals much more. We need to get as many Derby folk as possible interested in their local club. 

As soon as lockdown allows, the players and staff need to get out into schools, shopping centres, pubs, cafes, community groups etc and engage with people. Raise the profile of the club, put some real effort into it. Get Bielik and Jozwiak to stand next to every Polish food shelf in the supermarkets, Kaz outside the Turkish barbers, Big George and Shinniesta doing the door at Jorrocks telling everyone menacingly that Bonnie Prince Charlie had a wee dram here. Get the knife angel statue back and have Wiz standing next to it explaining to passers by that he pulled most of the blades out of his own body with no pain.

On a more serious note, fans who travel a fair distance like yourself should be offered a guaranteed parking spot reasonably close to the ground for a one off payment of say £20 when they buy a season ticket? I'm sure the club could negotiate summat with one of the businesses on Pride Park to provide this if not on the clubs official car park. 

Its not so much about offering fans discounts, that helps obviously, but doing everything they can to attract people into the ground.

One thing I'd do is have an area of unreserved seating for fans who might want to attend the occasional game, on sale as first come first served. Some fans would go to a match if they could sit with someone they know - especially if Shinnie and Georg were marching them down to PP from Jorrocks.

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

On a more serious note, fans who travel a fair distance like yourself should be offered a guaranteed parking spot reasonably close to the ground for a one off payment of say £20 when they buy a season ticket? I'm sure the club could negotiate summat with one of the businesses on Pride Park to provide this if not on the clubs official car park. 

This is a great idea. I can only really get to 3-4 home games a season, but have found parking harder and harder each time I go. Would be great if a season ticket holder got a parking places based on how far away they live.

Perhaps the club could do bookable buses from the main motorway/traffic junctions for a reasonable fee, which would also reduce traffic near the ground. Takes me about 2 hours to get to Derby, but I need to be arriving way before to get a parking place in time.

A 2pm bus from the services of M1/A50 would be perfect!

49 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I can understand this. I guess you're over an hour each way depending on traffic, probably more most matches. its surprising once you break the habit how hard it can be to go back. I know many who used to travel the length and breadth of the country to watch the Rams who won't go now even if offered a free ticket and a lift!

What Derby, and many other clubs for that matter, are going to have to do, is market DCFC to the locals much more. We need to get as many Derby folk as possible interested in their local club. 

As soon as lockdown allows, the players and staff need to get out into schools, shopping centres, pubs, cafes, community groups etc and engage with people. Raise the profile of the club, put some real effort into it. Get Bielik and Jozwiak to stand next to every Polish food shelf in the supermarkets, Kaz outside the Turkish barbers, Big George and Shinniesta doing the door at Jorrocks telling everyone menacingly that Bonnie Prince Charlie had a wee dram here. Get the knife angel statue back and have Wiz standing next to it explaining to passers by that he pulled most of the blades out of his own body with no pain.

Its not so much about offering fans discounts, that helps obviously, but doing everything they can to attract people into the ground.

One thing I'd do is have an area of unreserved seating for fans who might want to attend the occasional game, on sale as first come first served. Some fans would go to a match if they could sit with someone they know - especially if Shinnie and Georg were marching them down to PP from Jorrocks.

Next to play some decent football. Not wave their kebabs at us.

Not sure what the situation is now, but a few years back, it all kicked off about paid parking at local businesses on Pride Park.  Basically they were told they weren't allowed to do it, without the appropriate licences/insurances in place, so a lot of them stopped offering it there and then.

Not the most fact-laden post, but hey!

#half fact.

Archived