v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

He hasn’t really played the 10 role and tbh he was rarely playing that for the 23s either. What it highlights is the vast difference in coming off the bench for 20/30 mins at 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 down when the opposition are basically just killing time and managing the game, sitting deep and allowing you to have the ball all the time you don’t hurt them.....

Hmm 4 people have replied to me saying he’s not playing number 10. But he seems to have been in the centre behind colin kazim an awful lot of that first half for someone playing out wide. 

2-0 at HT and that flatters us enormously. 

The defence is a shambles, the midfield non-existent and still no goal threat to the opposition (over 400 minutes since we scored). 

Fair play to Brentford - lovely to watch and vastly superior to us in every aspect. Their excellence, however, shouldn't disguise how dreadful we are. Offer me 21st place now and I'd gratefully accept it.

the first goal sums us up perfectly.

Great chance to counter attack, Knight running with ball. Gets to halfway line, stops, turns round passes back to defence. Defenders then give the ball away passing amongst themselves and then make a stupid foul to give away a pen.

What an absolute mess.

Just now, Rampant said:

2-0 at HT and that flatters us enormously. 

The defence is a shambles, the midfield non-existent and still no goal threat to the opposition (over 400 minutes since we scored). 

Fair play to Brentford - lovely to watch and vastly superior to us in every aspect. Their excellence, however, shouldn't disguise how dreadful we are. Offer me 21st place now and I'd gratefully accept it.

i know their good, but my god we've made it easy for them.

What even is our game plan? We're not pressing, we're not closing down spaces, we are doing nothing.

Why the hell is Watson left mid with Knighf in the middle? Absolute pointless having Bird & Knight on the pitch, they offer nothing.

Why Wisdom got brought back in I dont know. Should have kept 3 at the back with the same 3 cb's. 3 cb's, mark the space not the man. Any one who watches Brentford know that an attacker drops deep and another runs into the vacant space, its happened time and time again, constantly overloaded by them.

1st goal comes from Knight being negative, I reckon Watson turns and runs at them but Knight turns back and plays it back, why Wisdom is trying to play it short is baffling, clear from Roos going long early doors we were told not to play it around and get caught out then Buchanan way out of position amd commits a poor foul, Mbuemo touch was shocking.

2nd goal, we didnt press them at all, let them out way too easily, then Wisdom stupidky dives in leaving it pretty much 4 on 2 in their favour.

Shocking, no way we are going to get into this, they will pick us off for 3 or 4. Be surprised if we even have a shot on target.

Get Knight & Bird off, put Watson in the CAM role

I know some on here think your opinion isn't relevant unless you have been watching us for over 50 years but I'm not too far off that and this is as bad as I have seen.

What an utterly depressing, shambolic mess we have become.

4 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Rooney says 4 wins from 10 (9 after tonight) will be enough for safety.

Can anyone honestly see where they are going to come from? 

His arrogance saying we’ll be nowhere near the relegation places also doesn’t sit right with me. Going to be a very nervy end to the season.

4 wins ... that means scoring goals ... I’m in agreement who the hell is going to do that ... score a goal ever again 

I’m all for giving managers a chance but Rooneys inexperience is starting to show 

Quick question ... does Morris even attend anymore I’ve seen other owners at games but not seen him is he there today ?

Archived