v Brentford (H) - Matchday Thread

Bubbles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a limit on how many subs we can make at half time?

Buchanan, Bird, Knight and Jozwiak off. Forsyth, Lawrence, Sibley and Mengi on.

Roos
 Wisdom, Mengi, Clarke, Forsyth
                   Shinnie
Byrne, Watson, Sibley, Lawrence
                   Kazim

A bit more attack wise. Byrne further forward. Can't be any worse.

Somebody earlier said we have a strong bench, if you think Waghorn, Lawrence & Gregory can turn this around then I will have something your smoking.

Hope Lawrence & Waggy have their one in ten, great game. I must say though they will both put challenges in.

I hope when this is over Rooney plays the video of that first half a load of times and tells them to watch how when Brentford get the ball  they ate immediately on the attack running at pace with loads of players getting forwards. No farting about taking too long. We just had a chance to break through and CKR played a great ball through to Shinnie, or it would have been if Shinnie was anticipating the pass and had run into the space. Instead he was just stood watching. ?

1 minute ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

He hasn’t really played the 10 role and tbh he was rarely playing that for the 23s either. What it highlights is the vast difference in coming off the bench for 20/30 mins at 1-0, 2-0 or 3-0 down when the opposition are basically just killing time and managing the game, sitting deep and allowing you to have the ball all the time you don’t hurt them.....

He needs a loan like the other promising youngsters - a sub appearance and starting the game are different 

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

What about us thick feckers who bought season tickets...

But we haven't cashed them in yet.

Miss having to be there to witness this shower of poo every week, activate the season ticket next season at no additional cost, when we're in the top six.

Perfect timing, I say!

1 minute ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Tonight is one of the first times this season I decided to keep my tenner in my pocket. Had an absolute pooper of a day and didn't feel like adding to it.

Doesn't sound like I'm missing a great deal. Commiserations to all of you watching.

Awful doesn’t really do it justice, we are absolutely abysmal. We look like a bottom half SPL team, a Hamilton Academicals or a Livingstone playing Man City. That is the gulf in class...

Archived