We will survive????

hintonsboots

With the current apathy running through the squad, we need to get some points in the bag. I see the return of the snake next Saturday and Luton (h) Birmingham (h) as key fixtures . It’s debatable where else we will pick up points, but it would be classic Derby to need a point to stay up on the final day against an already relegated Sheff W and lose. Average points to stay up 47 so we need at least 9 more points.

For what it’s worth , we will survive, but we need a massive incoming of quality for next season, along with a normal pre season for once.

Wednesday

Mar 10, 2021 7:00 PM

Barnsley - Derby County

Saturday

Mar 13, 2021 3:00 PM

Derby County - Millwall FC

Tuesday

Mar 16, 2021 7:00 PM

Derby County - Brentford FC

Saturday

Mar 20, 2021 3:00 PM

Stoke City - Derby County

Friday

Apr 2, 2021 3:00 PM

Derby County - Luton Town

Monday

Apr 5, 2021 3:00 PM

Reading FC - Derby County

Saturday

Apr 10, 2021 3:00 PM

Derby County - Norwich City

Saturday

Apr 17, 2021 3:00 PM

Blackburn Rovers - Derby County

Tuesday

Apr 20, 2021 7:45 PM

Preston North End FC - Derby County

Saturday

Apr 24, 2021 3:00 PM

Derby County - Birmingham City

Saturday

May 1, 2021 3:00 PM

Swansea City - Derby County

Saturday

May 8, 2021 3:00 PM

Derby County - Sheffield Wednesday

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whether we stay up this season or not is just delaying our stay of execution.

Without significant expenditure on players in the summer then we'll just be in the same position next season and with a new buyer being as likely as rocking horse poo then that ain't going to happen. 

Barnsley - Derby  L

Derby County - Millwall FC D

Derby County - Brentford FC L 

Stoke City - Derby County D

Derby County - Luton Town W

Reading FC - Derby County L 

Derby County - Norwich City L

Blackburn Rovers - Derby County L

Preston North End FC - Derby L 

Derby County - Birmingham City W

Swansea City - Derby County L 

Derby County - Sheffield Wednesday D

I think we’ll get 9points and just be safe 

We'll probably be fine. Even if we revert back to being as bad as we were in the first 12 games of the season for the final 12 games of the season, we'd still wind up on 44 points, which would be a points total that would have assured safety in half of all previous Championship seasons. I doubt that we will revert to that standard, though.

I think it’ll go down to the final game of the season. We’re too crap altogether, and certainly don’t score enough goals, to secure safety in any way comfortably. Can’t see us getting more than 10 points between now and the penultimate game with the way we’re playing, which will probably leave us needing a win on the last day to survive. Whether we will get it is anyone’s guess.

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I think it’ll go down to the final game of the season. We’re too crap altogether, and certainly don’t score enough goals, to secure safety in any way comfortably. Can’t see us getting more than 10 points between now and the penultimate game with the way we’re playing, which will probably leave us needing a win on the last day to survive. Whether we will get it is anyone’s guess.

I think wycombe and Wednesday are already down. If we win our game in hand, we're on 41 points above forest with the likes of Huddersfield, Coventry, Rotherham and Birmingham below. I think we can better at least two of those teams until the end of the season. We'll be safe by the final day I'm sure of it.

6 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I think wycombe and Wednesday are already down. If we win our game in hand, we're on 41 points above forest with the likes of Huddersfield, Coventry, Rotherham and Birmingham below. I think we can better at least two of those teams until the end of the season. We'll be safe by the final day I'm sure of it.

Sadly we won’t beat Barnsley, we’ll be lucky to get away with anything better than 0-3.

7 hours ago, JfR said:

We'll probably be fine. Even if we revert back to being as bad as we were in the first 12 games of the season for the final 12 games of the season, we'd still wind up on 44 points, which would be a points total that would have assured safety in half of all previous Championship seasons. I doubt that we will revert to that standard, though.

I’d be extremely worried if we only picked up 6 points from the remaining games especially as you say, in half of all previous seasons it wouldn’t have been enough.

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Whether we stay up this season or not is just delaying our stay of execution.

Without significant expenditure on players in the summer then we'll just be in the same position next season and with a new buyer being as likely as rocking horse poo then that ain't going to happen. 

What we need is the return of the game's most vociferous set of supporters in the EFL supporting the Rams and removing the sterile atmosphere of a casualty ward with several drunks making the majority of the decibels.

That has affected the Rams more than most. Derby players have always fed off the cheers and jeers more than the teams who spend most of the match seeking to deceivet the officials at every opportunity!

8 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Does anyone feel an improvement is likely?

An improvement is likely...but, To improve on yesterday just a little would still make us poor, It's consistently being inconsistent that's the annoying thing, Great players play well a vast majority of the time, Good players play well alot of the time, Average players play well when they believe they need too, Poor players end up on the scrap heap.

We have  3 good players imo, Marshall, Byrne and Bielik.

Potential are Buchanan, Jozwiak, Bird, Sibley.

Off the bench CKR, Lawrence, Shinnie, Wisdom

Loans I would try and keep, Clarke, Edmundson

The rest I see as not good enough

8 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

If the game in hand is against Barnsley then we won't win that, they are the form team of the moment, we have no confidence whatsoever and kind see a similar score to Cardiff match. 

I don’t think we’re that bad, it’s only a couple of weeks since we were the second best team in the league over six games

I think we’ll be fine by a few points and finish 16th or so (as many predicted in July tbf) 

We should have drawn yesterday and Cardiff are the best team in the league since McCarthy came in so no surprise we lost

Migjt lose again Wednesday looking at Barnsley’s form but will win some after that I think 

2 minutes ago, ziggyram59 said:

If the game in hand is against Barnsley then we won't win that, they are the form team of the moment, we have no confidence whatsoever and kind see a similar score to Cardiff match. 

This.

Games in hand are not a lot of use when they’re against tough opposition. Similarly, by definition, teams at the bottom aren’t winning many games so why should anyone expect those teams to start winning games in hand? By next Saturday Rotherham will have two or three games in hand on everyone but, that is little comfort for a team averaging a point a game.

3 minutes ago, Jram said:

I don’t think we’re that bad, it’s only a couple of weeks since we were the second best team in the league over six games

I think we’ll be fine by a few points and finish 16th or so (as many predicted in July tbf) 

We should have drawn yesterday and Cardiff are the best team in the league since McCarthy came in so no surprise we lost

Migjt lose again Wednesday looking at Barnsley’s form but will win some after that I think 

We are that bad. Luckily, the teams around us we’ve played recently (Coventry, Forest, Huddersfield and Wycombe) are not much better.

I also think we’ll escape but only just: no higher than 19th unless we get some more unexpected wins (starting against Barnsley please as it’s where my wife and her family are from).

7 minutes ago, Jram said:

It's the standard of the performances that are most concerning. You can't blag results for ever until you get found out. 

Archived