We will survive????

hintonsboots

14 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Knight surely will fetch 12 to 15 just for him. I see a bidding war happening for him 

I think we’ll be as desperate to sell though unfortunately which will drive the price down

Also, I love Jason Knight but are we a bit rose tinted about him really.. is he that good at football? 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

are you telling me you don't think he has potential?

I really rated him when we had him initially on loan. It would be great if he can get back to somewhere near that level but my gut feeling is that he won’t. 

10 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I really rated him when we had him initially on loan. It would be great if he can get back to somewhere near that level but my gut feeling is that he won’t. 

yes my feeling is he probably won't but the question was is the potential there which you would have to say it is.

10 minutes ago, DCFClks said:

What's he done in the past 5 years to suggest he'll has any?

you know the answer to that is not a lot. But the question was does he have potential. And we all know what he is capable of so you would have to say the potential is there. It's more a case of will he ever reach it.

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Could week see upwards of 10 to 12 players coming in the summer. Loans nominal fees maybe frees as our squad will be so weak. To rebuild I’d be hazard to sell knight and sibley for 25 million. Between them if that’s what we could get. Leaves us even weaker but that could get us quite a few players of quality. Anyone else’s thoughts different in this 

This is Derby County though. With our record in selling players, both of these would leave if around £8m was offered. We’re skint, and other clubs know it. 

18 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I think wycombe and Wednesday are already down. If we win our game in hand, we're on 41 points above forest with the likes of Huddersfield, Coventry, Rotherham and Birmingham below. I think we can better at least two of those teams until the end of the season. We'll be safe by the final day I'm sure of it.

Very brave comments. Wycombe are probably just about dead considering the quality of their squad, but there’s still a long way to go. Wednesday certainly aren’t down yet, let’s not forget they’ve been better than their points tally shows because of the 6 point deduction. I’m sure they’ll get a new manager bounce soon too. 

Talking about winning our game in hand is pure fantasy, there’s more chance of Sheikh Khaled completing his takeover than there is of us beating Barnsley on Wednesday. It’s going to be a fight to the bitter end if we’re going to survive, believe me - we’re not good enough without Bielik to pull to safety. We just have to hope there’s 3 teams worse than us, but the way we’re playing right now, I don’t think there are.

19 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Very brave comments. Wycombe are probably just about dead considering the quality of their squad, but there’s still a long way to go. Wednesday certainly aren’t down yet, let’s not forget they’ve been better than their points tally shows because of the 6 point deduction. I’m sure they’ll get a new manager bounce soon too. 

Talking about winning our game in hand is pure fantasy, there’s more chance of Sheikh Khaled completing his takeover than there is of us beating Barnsley on Wednesday. It’s going to be a fight to the bitter end if we’re going to survive, believe me - we’re not good enough without Bielik to pull to safety. We just have to hope there’s 3 teams worse than us, but the way we’re playing right now, I don’t think there are.

Wycombe are doomed and I can’t see Wendies gaining 10 points on us. So it’s that final spot for the trap door. I think Brum and Udders aren’t playing any better than us and have tougher run ins in my view. So based on that we should just about survive, that is leaving Rotherham out of the equation as well...

Yes Derby will stay up. The players will miraculously manage to shake themselves out of their torpor for just enough games to ensure their kushty number here is safe and they continue to be paid very well for not doing a great deal in the Championship.

10 hours ago, James Pond said:

An improvement is likely...but, To improve on yesterday just a little would still make us poor, It's consistently being inconsistent that's the annoying thing, Great players play well a vast majority of the time, Good players play well alot of the time, Average players play well when they believe they need too, Poor players end up on the scrap heap.

We have  3 good players imo, Marshall, Byrne and Bielik.

Potential are Buchanan, Jozwiak, Bird, Sibley.

Off the bench CKR, Lawrence, Shinnie, Wisdom

Loans I would try and keep, Clarke, Edmundson

The rest I see as not good enough

I was going to say .. harsh but true. Then I realised no Knight ?  .. come on ! This is a lad who has more power, grit and graft than just about any EFL player. Add in he is a youth, no where near his prime. Huge potential. Right coach, right set up up and he is a Roy Keane in the making at this level.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

I was going to say .. harsh but true. Then I realised no Knight ?  .. come on ! This is a lad who has more power, grit and graft than just about any EFL player. Add in he is a youth, no where near his prime. Huge potential. Right coach, right set up up and he is a Roy Keane in the making at this level.

Jeez I thought I had him in potential, But no, He's got bucket loads of the stuff, But needs an old head along side of him...ie as Rooney was last season.

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Wycombe are doomed and I can’t see Wendies gaining 10 points on us. So it’s that final spot for the trap door. I think Brum and Udders aren’t playing any better than us and have tougher run ins in my view. So based on that we should just about survive, that is leaving Rotherham out of the equation as well...

There’s still twelve games left, the Wendies can easily still gain 10 points on us. We saw how quickly things can change in the relegation battle when we went on that run of form which initially pulled us out the mess we were in. It’s still too early to be making any bold calls about who’s going to go down / who’s going to survive. For what it’s worth, it’s Rotherham that I’m most worried about. They’ve already shown on two occasions this season that they’re capable of playing better than us.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

There’s still twelve games left, the Wendies can easily still gain 10 points on us. We saw how quickly things can change in the relegation battle when we went on that run of form which initially pulled us out the mess we were in. It’s still too early to be making any bold calls about who’s going to go down / who’s going to survive. For what it’s worth, it’s Rotherham that I’m most worried about. They’ve already shown on two occasions this season that they’re capable of playing better than us.

If the Wendies come above us we really are in big trouble, can’t see that. But agree about Rotherham, hence my point re Brum and Udders....

We've been pretty shocking ever since the Wycombe game so the signs have been coming for a while that we were hitting a bad patch of form and WR's tactical and personnel decisions have been getting weirder and more disjointed with each game. This is where the difference is between a rookie manager who literally hasn't finished his managerial training and bringing in a manager who has years of experience at this level and I have no confidence in him turning this around quite frankly. Why anyone thought this was a good idea is beyond me, quite frankly it smacked of arrogance and stupidity thinking we could pick a complete rookie to manage us during the most difficult season in a decade. 

I don't think Wednesday are definitely dead and buried yet as they are a victim of a 6 point deduction and Moore has a good record at West Brom and Doncaster so I'd expect them to improve a little. If you look at our fixtures they are nasty and I cannot see us getting much out of them quite honestly. Maybe draws against stoke, preston, Millwall and blackburn and maybe wins against luton and wednesday giving us 48 points if I am being optimistic.  I think the Birmingham game will be the big one, if we don't win that it'll be time to pack our bags and get ready for 3rd division football. 

Archived