We will survive????

hintonsboots

9 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

I think wycombe and Wednesday are already down. If we win our game in hand, we're on 41 points above forest with the likes of Huddersfield, Coventry, Rotherham and Birmingham below. I think we can better at least two of those teams until the end of the season. We'll be safe by the final day I'm sure of it.

And your banking on beating Barnsley who have now won 7 on the bounce,really

If we score the first goal the maybe and its a massive maybe,they are turning out to be the surprise team of the season most predicted them to go down not us

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

We are that bad. Luckily, the teams around us we’ve played recently (Coventry, Forest, Huddersfield and Wycombe) are not much better.

I also think we’ll escape but only just: no higher than 19th unless we get some more unexpected wins (starting against Barnsley please as it’s where my wife and her family are from).

I mean, obviously we’re bad but I don’t think we’re relegation form and I don’t see it improving given the financial reality for the club 

Just gonna sit back and enjoy the relative success of some of the youth players I’ve come to admire in the last couple of years (and pray they’re enough to keep us in this division in the coming years)

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

It's the standard of the performances that are most concerning. You can't blag results for ever until you get found out. 

In fairness, I’m not convinced we’ve been blagging results. Until Cardiff, where we admittedly got outclassed, we barely ever looked like conceding 

Our goal scoring is obviously abysmal but we do seem to create chances since Rooney, we just don’t take many 

I have to say I’m disappointed Jozwiak isn’t the player we all thought he would be 

I’m sure Lawrence will add something when he returns and we will improve going forward 

Just now, Jram said:

In fairness, I’m not convinced we’ve been blagging results. Until Cardiff, where we admittedly got outclassed, we barely ever looked like conceding 

Our goal scoring is obviously abysmal but we do seem to create chances since Rooney, we just don’t take many 

I have to say I’m disappointed Jozwiak isn’t the player we all thought he would be 

I’m sure Lawrence will add something when he returns and we will improve going forward 

The Forest game the other week was the only game when we've gone behind and got anything from the match. And it's nearly half way through March. Let that sink in for a moment.

So if we fall behind then history dictates that invariably we will lose the game. You just can't go through a season like that with such an awful terminal Achilles Heel.

1 hour ago, James Pond said:

An improvement is likely...but, To improve on yesterday just a little would still make us poor, It's consistently being inconsistent that's the annoying thing, Great players play well a vast majority of the time, Good players play well alot of the time, Average players play well when they believe they need too, Poor players end up on the scrap heap.

We have  3 good players imo, Marshall, Byrne and Bielik.

Potential are Buchanan, Jozwiak, Bird, Sibley.

Off the bench CKR, Lawrence, Shinnie, Wisdom

Loans I would try and keep, Clarke, Edmundson

The rest I see as not good enough

I would put Lawrence, Ibe, & Watson in the potential category as well

2 hours ago, Brammie Steve said:

What we need is the return of the game's most vociferous set of supporters in the EFL supporting the Rams and removing the sterile atmosphere of a casualty ward with several drunks making the majority of the decibels.

That has affected the Rams more than most. Derby players have always fed off the cheers and jeers more than the teams who spend most of the match seeking to deceivet the officials at every opportunity!

Smuggle b4 into that dressing room , if he cant motivate them then we are doomed

38 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The Forest game the other week was the only game when we've gone behind and got anything from the match. And it's nearly half way through March. Let that sink in for a moment.

So if we fall behind then history dictates that invariably we will lose the game. You just can't go through a season like that with such an awful terminal Achilles Heel.

I would suggest a very high percentage of teams that fall behind end up losing the game though, it’s not exactly a weakness specific to Derby 

I couple weeks ago I was of the opinion we would stay up quite comfortably

Now, yes we will but only just I fear.

Its going to be touch and go

I few sleepless nights maybe for some but I suppose it comes with the territory of being a Rams fan (nothing new there some would say )

7 minutes ago, Rab a dab doo said:

I couple weeks ago I was of the opinion we would stay up quite comfortably

Now, yes we will but only just I fear.

Its going to be touch and go

I few sleepless nights maybe for some but I suppose it comes with the territory of being a Rams fan (nothing new there some would say )

using my 4 game rolling average points gained test we need 5 point every set to get to 53 points.  The latest set 4 points and the next set is at best 4 points.  We carry some points from previous good runs but like you, I am a little concerned than I was

Could week see upwards of 10 to 12 players coming in the summer. Loans nominal fees maybe frees as our squad will be so weak. To rebuild I’d be hazard to sell knight and sibley for 25 million. Between them if that’s what we could get. Leaves us even weaker but that could get us quite a few players of quality. Anyone else’s thoughts different in this 

4 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Could week see upwards of 10 to 12 players coming in the summer. Loans nominal fees maybe frees as our squad will be so weak. To rebuild I’d be hazard to sell knight and sibley for 25 million. Between them if that’s what we could get. Leaves us even weaker but that could get us quite a few players of quality. Anyone else’s thoughts different in this 

I doubt we’d Get 25 million! Maybe 10-15 for both realistically 

I think we probably will only because Rotherham or Birmingham will have to suddenly start winning games in a row, which is unlikely, while I imagine we will pick up enough points here and there.

But I can't say I'm confident and if I'm honest, I can't say that I'm overly bothered. If after 46 games we finish in the bottom three, we will well and truly have deserved it. 

I know people will say going down will be financially disastrous, but I'd argue continuing to play in the Championship under current circumstances would be more so.

Everything just depends on whether Mel can shift the club.

I'll still be watching next season regardless.

4 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

I think we probably will only because Rotherham or Birmingham will have to suddenly start winning games in a row, which is unlikely, while I imagine we will pick up enough points here and there.

But I can't say I'm confident and if I'm honest, I can't say that I'm overly bothered. If after 46 games we finish in the bottom three, we will well and truly have deserved it. 

I know people will say going down will be financially disastrous, but I'd argue continuing to play in the Championship under current circumstances would be more so.

Everything just depends on whether Mel can shift the club.

I'll still be watching next season regardless.

I'm of the same opinion now tbf if our destiny is in League 1 then we'll deserve it due to all our pissing around for the previous few seasons with fiduciary mismanagement, revolving door of managers, spats with the EFL, selling our ground etc and all our chickens will have come home to roost. 

If we can't stay out of the bottom 3 over the course of the season then we'll be there on merit. 

Archived