The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

54 minutes ago, Stive Pesley said:

It's the YouGov polls, so it's a cross-section of the UK. You can register on the site if you want to be asked future questions

https://yougov.co.uk/

TBF Stive, YouGov is owned and run by Conservative party supporters and was founded by Nadhim Zahawi, they do tend to ensure their polls reflect their thinking rather than public opinion. Its a very powerful way of actually swaying public opinion.

4 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

TBF Stive, YouGov is owned and run by Conservative party supporters and was founded by Nadhim Zahawi, they do tend to ensure their polls reflect their thinking rather than public opinion. Its a very powerful way of actually swaying public opinion.

Interesting - I assumed it was publicly owned because of the "gov" in the name.

17 hours ago, GboroRam said:

My experience - I'd recommend you check as they change the rules - was:

You'll need to book a "fit to fly" test before you travel
You'll need to book a day 2 test for when you return
You'll need to download your vaccine pass barcode (download the NHS app).
You'll need to remember your passenger locator form 48 hours before returning

This is dependent on you being double jabbed, and your last jab must be more than 14 days from your travel date. Your passenger locator forms will ask for the order number of your day 2 test, so you can't just take any old test. Has to be one of the private tests, but can be done at home. Be aware these are so backlogged they'll take forever to arrive - I'm still waiting for my tests that I ordered for my travel in September, so expect that to be a formality and a waste of £60-£70, but without the order number you'll not be able to travel.

Don't forget your passenger locator form coming back - I did, had to buy another flight.

Cut down on your carbon footprint.

Forget all the red tape, stress and uncertainty it will only get worse ETIAS if you visit most of Europe end of next year.

Holiday at home support the British economy great countryside, history, walks and real ale. 

44 minutes ago, cstand said:

Forget all the red tape, stress and uncertainty it will only get worse ETIAS if you visit most of Europe end of next year.

Holiday at home support the British economy great countryside, history, walks and real ale. 

Pay stupid over the odds prices for a week of miserable weather? No thanks.

1 hour ago, cstand said:

And plenty of crap weather which makes the possibility of having a crap holiday far far far more likely 

23 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Hard to meet with family if you're in a different country as well. 

I have family abroad that I would like to visit we have all agreed not to meet until 2023 at the earliest as we don’t want to unwittingly spread the covid virus and make the situation worse.

25 minutes ago, cstand said:

Your reply is nothing to do with covid more to do with politics and B####t which we are not allowed to discuss. 

You were suggesting people holiday here and gave a glowing recommendation. I pointed out one reason why going on holiday abroad is preferable to staying. 

29 minutes ago, cstand said:

I have family abroad that I would like to visit we have all agreed not to meet until 2023 at the earliest as we don’t want to unwittingly spread the covid virus and make the situation worse.

So will that be 4 to 5 years of not seeing family?