The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I don't mind that - provided they take precautions not to spray their COVID-infected sputum and snot on others. The easiest way to do that, of course, is to wear a bloody mask.

Always the charmer , I take it you include the vaccinated in your rant too

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

By all means you do as you wish just don't proselytise for followers! 

There are easier ways to get followers on this board than from venturing into the Politics/Coronavirus forums ? 

Besides, maybe I should have more followers, or indeed a follower - as what I wrote was clearly more balanced then the article put forwards by The Telegraph. 

On 15/09/2021 at 11:26, RoyMac5 said:

Yeah it's pointless trying to make sense of a test you can take up to 3 days before you return, that anyone could have taken for you in the case of some of the LFTs that you take with you...

Just did it today. Very easy at the hospital I did it (QuironSalud chain).

They give you a certificate with the result 15min after. Whole process takes about 25min.

6 hours ago, maxjam said:

There are easier ways to get followers on this board than from venturing into the Politics/Coronavirus forums ? 

Besides, maybe I should have more followers, or indeed a follower - as what I wrote was clearly more balanced then the article put forwards by The Telegraph. 

What is this 'follower' you talk of?

Is that a posh word for 'stalker'?

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Hallelujah 

Of cause they're not listening, they've got their fingers jammed into their ears while shouting lah lah lah lah lah lah. Just like Johnson always does when anyone with any intelligence asks him a question or give him advice.

On 16/09/2021 at 13:56, Archied said:

Always the charmer , I take it you include the vaccinated in your rant too

Yes.

I utterly despise the attitude of people who refuse to wear masks indoors in crowded situations because they feel that they are 'hard' or it 'demeans them' or the classic 'It's increasing the carbon dioxide in my blood' rot. Obviously there are genuine reasons why some people cannot wear masks, but today in the supermarket we must have been down to 10% wearing masks - and you just know darned well that these will be the first to moan when we get locked down again.

1480265235_masksbrainoxygen.jpg.95a76577f1c05691eb2836e8e5999c70.jpg 

6 hours ago, Eddie said:

Yes.

I utterly despise the attitude of people who refuse to wear masks indoors in crowded situations because they feel that they are 'hard' or it 'demeans them' or the classic 'It's increasing the carbon dioxide in my blood' rot. Obviously there are genuine reasons why some people cannot wear masks, but today in the supermarket we must have been down to 10% wearing masks - and you just know darned well that these will be the first to moan when we get locked down again.

1480265235_masksbrainoxygen.jpg.95a76577f1c05691eb2836e8e5999c70.jpg 

So your saying the majority are CHOOSING not REFUSING to wear a mask , your verging on irrational fixation now and of course the majority you speak of will be the first to moan if they try to lock us down again , in fact I doubt the majority will put up with it again ,you can only spin the figures so long before real life experience of living through the last 2 years or so kicks in 

we have an endemic virus that 98% of people survive even before vaccines, the vast majority of people who succumb to it are above the average life expectancy in this country and or have underlying health conditions ,  a large number of those people were put to the sword by the care homes fiasco that was verging on criminal,

now of course I feel for you , your old ( as am I ) you have underlying health concerns but it is your job to keep yourself as safe as you can if you feel at risk NOT the whole worlds job to live unnaturally and restricted lives to make you feel safe 

Some positive news this morning via BBC live feed:

Covid-19 could resemble the common cold by spring next year as people's immunity to the virus is boosted by vaccines and exposure, according to a leading expert.

Prof Sir John Bell, who was part of the team that developed the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, tells Times Radio the country "is over the worst" and things "should be fine" once winter has passed.

He was speaking after Prof Sarah Gilbert, who designed the Oxford vaccine, said Covid was likely to become like other seasonal coronaviruses that cause common colds, as immunity in the population grows and the virus evolves.

Speaking to Times Radio, he says: "If you look at the trajectory we're on, we're a lot better off than we were six months ago.

"So the pressure on the NHS is largely abated. If you look at the deaths from Covid, they tend to be very elderly people, and it's not entirely clear it was Covid that caused all those deaths.

"And I think what will happen is, there will be quite a lot of background exposure to Delta (variant), we can see the case numbers are quite high, that particularly in people who've had two vaccines if they get a bit of breakthrough symptomatology, or not even symptomatology - if they just are asymptomatically infected, that will add to our immunity substantially, so I think we're headed for the position Sarah describes probably by next spring would be my view.

"We have to get over the winter to get there but I think it should be fine."

1 hour ago, Wolfie said:

Some positive news this morning via BBC live feed:

Covid-19 could resemble the common cold by spring next year as people's immunity to the virus is boosted by vaccines and exposure, according to a leading expert.

Prof Sir John Bell, who was part of the team that developed the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine, tells Times Radio the country "is over the worst" and things "should be fine" once winter has passed.

He was speaking after Prof Sarah Gilbert, who designed the Oxford vaccine, said Covid was likely to become like other seasonal coronaviruses that cause common colds, as immunity in the population grows and the virus evolves.

Speaking to Times Radio, he says: "If you look at the trajectory we're on, we're a lot better off than we were six months ago.

"So the pressure on the NHS is largely abated. If you look at the deaths from Covid, they tend to be very elderly people, and it's not entirely clear it was Covid that caused all those deaths.

"And I think what will happen is, there will be quite a lot of background exposure to Delta (variant), we can see the case numbers are quite high, that particularly in people who've had two vaccines if they get a bit of breakthrough symptomatology, or not even symptomatology - if they just are asymptomatically infected, that will add to our immunity substantially, so I think we're headed for the position Sarah describes probably by next spring would be my view.

"We have to get over the winter to get there but I think it should be fine."

I'm just thrilled by the use of the word symptomatology?

Interesting - official study that shows vaccination does reduce chances of infection AND chances of transmission considerably

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.28.21264260v1

So hopefully no more of this "what's the point of getting vaccinated if you can still catch it and pass it on?" guff from people