The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

33 minutes ago, maxjam said:

And talking about stuff the BBC doesn't want you to know about, the latest Project Veritas Pfizer stuff is interesting.   Thats the sort of journalism they were famed for when I was growing up...

But there’s no money to be made in natural immunity. When the bloke on tele telling us all we need to be jabbed multiple times has hundreds of thousands of pounds in Pfizer stock, questions need to be asked. 

47 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

But there’s no money to be made in natural immunity. When the bloke on tele telling us all we need to be jabbed multiple times has hundreds of thousands of pounds in Pfizer stock, questions need to be asked. 

The problem with natural immunity is already over 100,000 British people tried to get it but died. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

Other than one-sided articles such as this, talk of potential alternative treatments is banned or heavily censored both in the media and on social media.  Follow approved Govt/media narrative or risk being side-lined.  Narrow-minded thinking will almost certainly lead us down intellectual cul-de-sacs and missed opportunities. 

Alternative treatments that haven't undergone the same rigorous testing you expect from vaccines?

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

With the BBC it is often what they don't report in as much as what they do.

The article interweaves flawed studies, anti-vaxxers and livestock ivermectin to reach the conclusion they want - an anecdotal ending about an unnamed unvaccinated person dying from covid having taken Ivermectin. 

Whatever the better quality studies prove doesn't really bother me.  If its helps, great.  If it doesn't thats shame, another weapon in the fight against covid would have helped.  The fact that both sides of the argument have already made up their minds however indicate where we are as a society. 

Other than one-sided articles such as this, talk of potential alternative treatments is banned or heavily censored both in the media and on social media.  Follow approved Govt/media narrative or risk being side-lined.  Narrow-minded thinking will almost certainly lead us down intellectual cul-de-sacs and missed opportunities. 

And talking about stuff the BBC doesn't want you to know about, the latest Project Veritas Pfizer stuff is interesting.   Thats the sort of journalism they were famed for when I was growing up...

Being into "alternative" ideas has always run the risk of being sidelined or marginalised by those who believe the same as the consensus. Whether that's science or art, or philosophy or whatever.

It's not the same as censorship though, and I'd dispute that there's much in the way of that.  Go on any social media site you like and you can chat away with fellow free thinkers until your heart's content.

The BBC not reporting the mainstream cannot be a surprise - they're a state broadcaster, hardly the cutting edge of journalism and new thought. They rarely, if ever have been.

15 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Alternative treatments that haven't undergone the same rigorous testing you expect from vaccines?

And when they do undergo rigorous testing, such as with the current Ivermectin trials - rather than telling us that, its anti-vaxxer horse dewormer crap.  

Its almost as though some people want it to fail, taking some kind of smug enjoyment out it ? Personally, I have no idea whether it will end up being proven effective or not, but I really hope it is - the more stuff we can throw at covid, the better.

9 minutes ago, maxjam said:

And when they do undergo rigorous testing, such as with the current Ivermectin trials - rather than telling us that, its anti-vaxxer horse dewormer crap.  

Prove they have undergone rigorous testing. You saying it has doesn't make it so. Quote the peer reviewed trials, I don't think you can.  It is antivaxxer crap, it is horse dewormer - would you fancy having some prescribed? 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Prove they have undergone rigorous testing. You saying it has doesn't make it so. Quote the peer reviewed trials, I don't think you can.  It is antivaxxer crap, it is horse dewormer - would you fancy having some prescribed? 

Here's one

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-23-ivermectin-be-investigated-possible-treatment-covid-19-oxford-s-principle-trial

EDIT: 

FWIW, if Ivermectin was proven effective, why wouldn't I take it?  You do realise its been around for approx 40yrs and taken by people safely almost 4bn times? 

Edited by maxjam

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

NO.

Ivermectin to be investigated as a possible treatment for COVID-19 in Oxford’s PRINCIPLE trial.

What was the result?

I think you'd better re-read my posts. 

Several large studies both in the UK and US are investigating whether Ivermectin can be used to combat covid.  I never said they had concluded, I just offered them as a counterbalance to the BBS article which failed to mention more credible studies were in progress.

1 minute ago, maxjam said:

I think you'd better re-read my posts. 

Several large studies both in the UK and US are investigating whether Ivermectin can be used to combat covid.  I never said they had concluded, I just offered them as a counterbalance to the BBS article which failed to mention more credible studies were in progress.

And I asked would you be happy to take some Ivermectin? I certainly wouldn't. But the attitude seems to be yeah go on, why not.

Figures seem to be mostly showing covid tearing through schools now. 

20s-30s seem to have low rates probs due to recent vaccinations. 

Im becoming a bit concerned that cases will not drop to a lower background level. Was hoping we'd see a sustained decrease. 

Edited by alexxxxx

12 hours ago, maxjam said:

And when they do undergo rigorous fabrication of results, such as with the current Ivermectin trials - rather than telling us that, its anti-vaxxer horse dewormer crap.  

Its almost as though some people want it to fail, taking some kind of smug enjoyment out it ? Personally, I have no idea whether it will end up being proven effective or not, but I really hope it is - the more stuff we can throw at covid, the better.

Fixed.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Figures seem to be mostly showing covid tearing through schools now.  

It's a calculated gamble by the government isn't it? Just found out my best mate has got it, and he's clinically vulnerable (double-jabbed but not had a booster yet). Caught it from his daughter who is in a class where the current count is 19 kids out of a class of 30 are off with covid

Hopefully the jab does its job for him - and that all the kids stay out of hospital. But of any of them die - hard lines eh? As long as the rest of us are ok