The coronabrexit thread. I mean, coronavirus thread

Gone

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Wouldn’t it be the job of those making the claims to prove they are right, rather than the other way round?

It would be like me saying eating a whale’s intestine makes you stronger…Prove me wrong.

Those that share the minority opinion have to show clear evidence they are right. As they are going against popular belief.

I’ve seen multiple examples of claims being made without any evidence backing that up whatsoever. And when called upon, the response has generally been ‘look it up, do some research, it’s obvious etc.’

It’s not the receiver’s job to disprove, it’s the tellers job to prove their opinion/belief/theory.

Ok so when people say the vaccine is safe to take for example and that there will be no long term side effects?

If they can't prove it, I assume it is ok to call them nutjobs?

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ok so when people say the vaccine is safe to take for example and that there will be no long term side effects?

If they can't prove it, I assume it is ok to call them nutjobs?

The vaccines being safe is a majority and popular opinion, so that example doesn’t work.

If you come up with an unpopular opinion or are in the minority on a theory or belief, it’s up to you to prove it, not the other way around.

The reason why there are numerous fact checks and debunks out there is because people are spreading opinions as if they were facts without a shred of evidence to prove it, so others then have to disprove it. It shouldn’t be that way. You can have your own opinion, but you can’t have your own facts. 

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

If you come up with an unpopular opinion or are in the minority on a theory or belief, it’s up to you to prove it, not the other way around.

So if you have an opinion that is popular, via the fact that it is pushed on a daily basis by your media pals, you don't have to prove it?!?!

What a ridiculous theory.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Apologies if someone has already posted along these lines, I'm coming into the thread late.

Seems recovering from Omicron goes quite far in protecting against variants of Covid like Delta, and as a result a combination of its transmissibility and vaccinations could make hospitalisations and severe illnesses a thing of the past. 

I've had Omicron since Boxing Day and passed two LFTs now. Isn't all that bad, I'm almost glad to have caught it in a weird way.. 

https://www.ft.com/content/b3aa95ed-18b3-406a-b611-9845dd07bbbc

Good news.

I think that's what everyone's been hoping for, all the way along - for this pandemic to follow similar patterns to 1918-1920, i.e. sooner or later a mutation becomes both dominant and at the same time relatively benign.

It will be interesting to see whether that's the case in fully vaccinated, partially vaccinated (and which vaccines/combinations of vaccines were involved in either case) and unvaccinated people.

Fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Apologies if someone has already posted along these lines, I'm coming into the thread late.

Seems recovering from Omicron goes quite far in protecting against variants of Covid like Delta, and as a result a combination of its transmissibility and vaccinations could make hospitalisations and severe illnesses a thing of the past. 

I've had Omicron since Boxing Day and passed two LFTs now. Isn't all that bad, I'm almost glad to have caught it in a weird way.. 

https://www.ft.com/content/b3aa95ed-18b3-406a-b611-9845dd07bbbc

I am glad you are well buddy, but it comes as no surprise to anyone on this forum that over the last 30 years you have become conditioned to withstand all manner of horrible sh!te that might come your way.

Edited by i-Ram

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

The vaccines being safe is a majority and popular opinion, so that example doesn’t work.

The reason why there are numerous fact checks and debunks out there is because people are spreading opinions as if they were facts without a shred of evidence to prove it, so others then have to disprove it. It shouldn’t be that way. You can have your own opinion, but you can’t have your own facts. 

FACT 1; People HAVE died as a direct result of having the vaccine(s).

FACT 2; Nobody has yet survived longer than 2 years after having the vaccine.

53 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

FACT 1; People HAVE died as a direct result of having the vaccine(s).

FACT 2; Nobody has yet survived longer than 2 years after having the vaccine.

Fact: People have died of cancer despite having chemo.

Fact: I haven’t survived longer than 33 years after having vaccines for smallpox. 

What is your point?

3 hours ago, ramit said:

Not only am i a science hating conspiracy theorizing nincompoop, i just found out that i am also a misogynistic racist extremist bully. Covid dragging on is my fault and i should not be tolerated.

Sorry about that, well kinda, nah

Well, well, well, if it isn't the pot calling the kettle... ethnically diverse.

image.thumb.png.d8f2de92de328d1dfe25d91b21ad1d44.png

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Fact: People have died of cancer despite having chemo.

Fact: I haven’t survived longer than 33 years after having vaccines for smallpox. 

What is your point?

You can only see one side of this so it’s pointless wasting my time trying to spell it out to you. Put your trust in magic beans if you like. But dont expect people to stick experimental drugs into children under the con/guise if fighting a disease that has a 99.5% survival rate, with a dose of something that cannot stop the 0.5% from even contracting it. 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

You can only see one side of this so it’s pointless wasting my time trying to spell it out to you. Put your trust in magic beans if you like. But dont expect people to stick experimental drugs into children under the con/guise if fighting a disease that has a 99.5% survival rate, with a dose of something that cannot stop the 0.5% from even contracting it. 

Yes the push to vaccinate children who are at next to no risk from covid with a vaccine that doesn’t stop them catching and spreading it and can cause them harm really should be a concern to any rational person , it’s just one area of many where people really should be questioning where we are going with all this 

Edited by Archied

I’ve had both original covid jabs in May. Didn’t stop me getting Omicron and I won’t be getting anymore. 

It’s neither justified or proportionate for me to get one basically every six months for a minor cold that has almost no chance of making me severely ill.

Others are different, I think boosters are a great option for those who are vulnerable, but me personally I won’t be continuing with it. 

Also - comments like those made my Trudeau, and in this country Blair and Javid, make me less likely to comply. People don’t react well to be coerced, threatened or scapegoated. 

59 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yes the push to vaccinate children who are at next to no risk from covid with a vaccine that doesn’t stop them catching and spreading it and can cause them harm really should be a concern to any rational person , it’s just one area of many where people really should be questioning where we are going with all this 

Does matter though because it is a majority and popular decision right?

8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

You’ve just proven my point, thanks.

Ok, you're clearly struggling to see that just because an opinion appears to be the majority/popular opinion, it does not mean it is, nor does it make it right. 

What do you think was portrayed as the majority/popular opinion in 1930s Germany.

I'll leave that one with you.

37 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

I’ve had both original covid jabs in May. Didn’t stop me getting Omicron and I won’t be getting anymore. 

It’s neither justified or proportionate for me to get one basically every six months for a minor cold that has almost no chance of making me severely ill.

Others are different, I think boosters are a great option for those who are vulnerable, but me personally I won’t be continuing with it. 

Also - comments like those made my Trudeau, and in this country Blair and Javid, make me less likely to comply. People don’t react well to be coerced, threatened or scapegoated. 

Yep , had the first two , will certainly not be having booster / boosters , mix and match vaccines, sliding time recommendations between jabs to suit policy even if not in line manufacturers recommendations are just the tip of the iceberg for me ,

where has AZ vaccine gone ? 

38 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ok, you're clearly struggling to see that just because an opinion appears to be the majority/popular opinion, it does not mean it is, nor does it make it right. 

What do you think was portrayed as the majority/popular opinion in 1930s Germany.

I'll leave that one with you.

It’s bizarre,,

watched some of the doctor Malone podcast ,from what I can see he is very highly qualified, has loads of peer reviewed studies to his name and though it’s the first time I’ve seen joe rogan he certainly didn’t come across as some rabid right wing shock jock ,

we really are in the midst of the sticky label era ??‍♂️

So just so I'm clear..

Nutjob - Amongst other things Dr. Malone is the inventor of the nine original mRNA vaccine patents, which were originally filed in 1989 (including both the idea of mRNA vaccines and the original proof of principle experiments) and RNA transfection.  He has close to 100 peer-reviewed publications which have been cited over 12,000 times.  Since January 2020, Dr. Malone has been leading a large team focused on clinical research design, drug development, computer modeling and mechanisms of action of repurposed drugs for the treatment of COVID-19.

Right-wing bullshitter -  Rogan endorsed Ron Paul in the 2012 U.S. presidential campaign and voted for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.  He endorsed Bernie Sanders during the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries, but ended up voting for Jo Jorgensen in the general election. “I’ve never voted right wing in my life. I voted Democrat, I voted independent. I’m not right wing at all."

I find it bizarre that maybe because of his interview style, that admittedly can be a bit in-your-face at times or maybe because “I don’t give a duck if you’re a Republican or a Democrat. I share ideas from both sides."  he allows everyone to speak, in the current climate that must mean you're a right wing bullshitter. 

I also find it bizarre that someone that has probably done more to ensure your safety during the past couple of years than virtually anyone else, has decades working in virology in private sector, corporate sector and for the Government, has served on and continues to serve on numerous medical boards, has numerous peer reviewed publications cited thousands of times can be written off as a nutjob and ignored by many. 

I'll post this 10m clip and then I'm done... Whatever you think about the effectiveness of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine there has been a consipracy to suppress their use.  Dr Malone names names here, he will either be the subject of lawsuits or, if he's right personally ridiculed followed by more horse dewormer articles in the media to pacify the brain dead.

At the very least there needs to be an independent public enquiry as to whether 500k American lives (+ many more around the world) could have been saved with early treatment rather than allegedly suppressing information and telling people not to go to hospital until the situation is serious. 

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

So just so I'm clear..

Nutjob - Amongst other things Dr. Malone is the inventor of the nine original mRNA vaccine patents, which were originally filed in 1989 (including both the idea of mRNA vaccines and the original proof of principle experiments) and RNA transfection.  He has close to 100 peer-reviewed publications which have been cited over 12,000 times.  Since January 2020, Dr. Malone has been leading a large team focused on clinical research design, drug development, computer modeling and mechanisms of action of repurposed drugs for the treatment of COVID-19.

Right-wing bullshitter -  Rogan endorsed Ron Paul in the 2012 U.S. presidential campaign and voted for Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.  He endorsed Bernie Sanders during the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries, but ended up voting for Jo Jorgensen in the general election. “I’ve never voted right wing in my life. I voted Democrat, I voted independent. I’m not right wing at all."

I find it bizarre that maybe because of his interview style, that admittedly can be a bit in-your-face at times or maybe because “I don’t give a duck if you’re a Republican or a Democrat. I share ideas from both sides."  he allows everyone to speak, in the current climate that must mean you're a right wing bullshitter. 

I also find it bizarre that someone that has probably done more to ensure your safety during the past couple of years than virtually anyone else, has decades working in virology in private sector, corporate sector and for the Government, has served on and continues to serve on numerous medical boards, has numerous peer reviewed publications cited thousands of times can be written off as a nutjob and ignored by many. 

I'll post this 10m clip and then I'm done... Whatever you think about the effectiveness of Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine there has been a consipracy to suppress their use.  Dr Malone names names here, he will either be the subject of lawsuits or, if he's right personally ridiculed followed by more horse dewormer articles in the media to pacify the brain dead.

At the very least there needs to be an independent public enquiry as to whether 500k American lives (+ many more around the world) could have been saved with early treatment rather than allegedly suppressing information and telling people not to go to hospital until the situation is serious. 

Nope , they are both Tommy Robinson wanna be s , there’s far more intelligent and higher qualified people on this forum who will be along presently to debunk them ,, failing that stick their fingers in their ears and go blubalubalubalu with they’re tongues?

Edited by Archied